? servers

? players online

The Dawn of a New Era...

• Content Count:  1086

This is actually a moment to hold a forum/server-wide poll. Maybe it's not a bad idea to change names altogether :/

Give the people the chance to give suggestions for about 2 weeks and then do the same system as the "favorite admin" election.

Small groups, let them vote every day, keep people involved.

The moment you have the name, let people pick the general branding etc

SteamGame.rs sounds the easiest way to go at the moment :/

I nominate gamers of steam

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2983

This is actually a moment to hold a forum/server-wide poll. Maybe it's not a bad idea to change names altogether :/

Give the people the chance to give suggestions for about 2 weeks and then do the same system as the "favorite admin" election.

Small groups, let them vote every day, keep people involved.

The moment you have the name, let people pick the general branding etc

SteamGame.rs sounds the easiest way to go at the moment :/

This would just delay the process in transferring over everything and having to change stuff to the new domain and shit. Plus @Caution had already posted that he doesn't know about steamgame.rs because of the legality issues.

• Content Count:  760

We thought about it lol, I brought it up. I guess it's expensive to buy. Like $800 or something

Some of us could help raise funds or for the current domain. While we can not have a 3rd party holding the community domain, I still think there could be some options that could be done with this but have not been involved.

The new domain is too close to this one if it is to avoid the legal part you said, its still the same and unless he has trademarked it, nothing to worry about and we can prove ownership of the brand based on years of use across the internet which is a much stronger case. If moving to another domain, there is better ones we can get than a .net and - in the middle of the name.

We have steamgamers.net ... or go for steam-gamers.netmunity / steamgamers.website

Reply to Thread