? servers

? players online

How to become an [HG]

• Content Count:  5055

I'll tell you how I got HG, in one easy trick.

Step 1: Work your way all the way up to CA

Step 2: Do a lot of significant work for the good of S-G

Step 3: Decide to step down, surprising over half of the community

Step 4: Get nominated for HG

Step 5: Become HG

Step 6: Realize that HG was a mistake, apply for SA a week after

Step 7: Get SA again after a day of your admin app being made

Step 8: Get told you can't get promoted to CA in the "near future"

Step 9: Finally get CA (again) after 6 months of waiting :larry:

But for real, just contribute a lot more than what your rank requires of you, show a lot of dedication. Things like making maps, giving out a ton of suggestions/ideas, making plugins for the servers really helps a lot.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1403

Is there a way to become HG without getting promoted as an admin is basically what I was getting at because it has no significant benefits other than the color in the name and the recognition it gives you.

• Content Count:  5055

Is there a way to become HG without getting promoted as an admin is basically what I was getting at because it has no significant benefits other than the color in the name and the recognition it gives you.

Most of our HGs were past SA+ that contributed a lot to S-G by doing a lot more than their rank asked them to and going above and beyond. To answer your question yes there are ways to get the rank without being promoted, like I said making maps for the community, giving a ton of suggestions and ideas, coding plugins and technical stuff for the community, and making other contributions for the community that stands you out from the rest of your peers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1719

LG:

Essentially former AO+ who stuck around and contributed for at least a reasonable amount of time and work to the community. It's not like the old RS (retired staff) rank where you would automatically be granted the rank just for the sake of being a former AO+. LG was made to only be handed out to those who deserved it. The LG-rank DOES include server-administrator powers on the same scale as the SA-rank. Thus it's not something that gets handed out to normal members/players as it still requires some level of trust for that particular person wich are considered for the rank.

HG:

This is basically the same as LG, except that it lacks admin powers. How ever it's a rank not easily handed out, otherwise it wouldn't be that "Honorable", now would it? You have to actually contribute in some way more than just for example being a nice guy and staying around for a long while. Personally I have only made 1 nomination for HG during my time in SG. And that was for Darnias as he have repeatedly helped out and made custom player models for us. For example the custom VIP model. Although that's not the only one but that's the one I could think of from the top of my head right now. Of course models aren't the only thing. Making successfull maps could work out too I guess and a whole other things. Basically contribute more than a normal player would.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread