? servers

? players online

Kneeling during national anthem

• Content Count:  913

How do you guys feel about players kneeling during the national anthem i think that it's a free country but you have to respect the freedom that it gives you and not disrespect it.

How are they "Disrespecting" the "Freedom" that they have? Surely its more disrespectful for police to be committing acts of violence against a certain race...

• Content Count:  2206

I think its more disrespectful for the leader of the nation who is supposed to uphold all these values of freedom to suggest firing those who are exercising a basic right of peaceful protest. Are they in the streets mobbing or running people down that disagree with them? No. They're fucking kneeling during the national anthem.

I'm so sick of American people acting so star spangled fucking awesome. Even when I see people discuss this they go "We are the greatest nation in the world because of our freedom." Get the fuck over yourselves we aren't the only ones with freedom and we are DEFINITELY not the greatest nation in the world. We throw the most people in jail, spend the most money on defense, and eat the most. We can't fucking do math though so tell me how we're the greatest.

Let them fucking kneel it's peaceful protest. To have the president, our leader, suggest that they deserve to be fired because they are protesting is disgusting. How about we fire him for doing little to nothing of what he was elected president for. I've yet to see America "great again".

How are you gonna go up to a family who's child has been murdered by a police because he profiled him got scared and got trigger happy and go "You better respect the flag or else" I'd tell you to go fuck yourself your internal servicemen that are supposed to protect me did a shit job. This whole thing is a lack of understanding on both sides. Vets, and those in the army are probably upset over it because they have fought for the country and see it as a form of disrespect but have any of these plays come out and said fuck the national anthem fuck america? No, they simply state that they are protesting what is going on in the country right now, and they even said it is not them being unpatriotic or hating the country.

/rant

By the way, if you have any clothing with the american flag design on it, you've disrespected the flag per the flag code.

"The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations."

But people like doing that so I think we let that one fall by the way side ;)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1083

I think its more disrespectful for the leader of the nation who is supposed to uphold all these values of freedom to suggest firing those who are exercising a basic right of peaceful protest. Are they in the streets mobbing or running people down that disagree with them? No. They're fucking kneeling during the national anthem.

I'm so sick of American people acting so star spangled fucking awesome. Even when I see people discuss this they go "We are the greatest nation in the world because of our freedom." Get the fuck over yourselves we aren't the only ones with freedom and we are DEFINITELY not the greatest nation in the world. We throw the most people in jail, spend the most money on defense, and eat the most. We can't fucking do math though so tell me how we're the greatest.

Let them fucking kneel it's peaceful protest. To have the president, our leader, suggest that they deserve to be fired because they are protesting is disgusting. How about we fire him for doing little to nothing of what he was elected president for. I've yet to see America "great again".

How are you gonna go up to a family who's child has been murdered by a police because he profiled him got scared and got trigger happy and go "You better respect the flag or else" I'd tell you to go fuck yourself your internal servicemen that are supposed to protect me did a shit job. This whole thing is a lack of understanding on both sides. Vets, and those in the army are probably upset over it because they have fought for the country and see it as a form of disrespect but have any of these plays come out and said fuck the national anthem fuck america? No, they simply state that they are protesting what is going on in the country right now, and they even said it is not them being unpatriotic or hating the country.

/rant

I mostly agree with you, however I think when you say this part:

By the way, if you have any clothing with the american flag design on it, you've disrespected the flag per the flag code.

"The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations."

But people like doing that so I think we let that one fall by the way side ;)

you're completely making yourself look like an ass and hurting your argument. It sounds like you're saying people are disrespecting the flag by wearing it around and being patriotic, when in reality following YOUR OWN argument, their intent does matter. Obviously, no one is going around with an American shirt on in an attempt to disrespect the flag (quite the opposite in fact). The two situations are in no way similar for a multitude of reasons -- you're needlessly prodding the opposing viewpoint with a stupid straw man, like "SEE? SEE?! YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM DISRESPECTING THE FLAG TOO," for what? To show them how hypocritical they are? Yeah wow such hypocrites for being patriotic even though an outdated 1923 code says they're technically being disrespectful

• Like 1
Edited by FLuiD

• Content Count:  11723

How do you guys feel about players kneeling during the national anthem i think that it's a free country but you have to respect the freedom that it gives you and not disrespect it.

Why do you have to stand?

Who said you had to stand to respect your national anthem.

• Content Count:  2206

I mostly agree with you, however I think when you say this part:

you're completely making yourself look like an ass and hurting your argument. It sounds like you're saying people are disrespecting the flag by wearing it around and being patriotic, when in reality following YOUR OWN argument, their intent does matter. Obviously, no one is going around with an American shirt on in an attempt to disrespect the flag (quite the opposite in fact). The two situations are in no way similar for a multitude of reasons -- you're needlessly prodding the opposing viewpoint with a stupid straw man, like "SEE? SEE?! YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM DISRESPECTING THE FLAG TOO," for what? To show them how hypocritical they are? Yeah wow such hypocrites for being patriotic even though an outdated 1923 code says they're technically being disrespectful

I included that part to prove that if kneeling during the national anthem is so disrespectful to some, even though the players themselves have said they're not doing it to disrespect the nation, why should they be fired or criticized by the same people who are yes technically disrespecting the flag, even though in their minds they are being patriotic. The NFL players are being patriotic by showing concern for the state of this country. If they wanted to, they have enough money to say "you know what fuck it im out." instead they want to be part of the country and part of the change by protesting and helping to raise awareness.

I didn't mean it like "HAHA SEE YOU GUYS DISRESPECT IT TOO BITCH SHUT UP" i meant it like if your ready to have someones livelihood taken away because they aren't being patriotic and are disrespectful, then you need to make sure, outdated or not, that you are in no manner being disrespectful intentional or not. No where does it say kneeling during the national anthem is disrespectful, but it does say that putting the flag design anywhere on clothing or sports uniforms are, or lets say a beer can. (Budweiser) Why aren't these same people bringing problems to that company and demanding change when its written down saying that is disrespectful to the flag, and if you disrespect the flag your disrespecting the country. I don't think its a big deal that the flag design is on uniforms or beer cans or whatever but either change the code or abide by it if your going to suggest firing somebody for doing something you don't personally agree with and is written down nowhere that it is disrespectful or not allowed.

However, I can see how the last line would make me sound pompous and for that i apologize.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

I personally do not care about what the players do about all of this. However, Shannon Sharpe's approach on this is actually pretty interesting. He basically calls out the hypocrisy of the players who wouldn't take a knee before are only doing it now because they were told to do something (ex. Fire any players who take a knee during the anthem).

In the end it's just another one of Trump's ways of stirring the pot.

• Like 1
Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  1619

I'm fine with it, there's so much hatred out there and it's a peaceful protest against that hate.

Considering most of us sit on our asses when the anthem plays on tv, then who cares?

The players participating in the anthem was just so the military could entice patriotism and get their numbers up.

Reply to Thread