? servers

? players online

Kneeling during national anthem

• Content Count:  11501

So as an actual veteran, I think it's pretty funny when people go 'You're disrespecting the troops!' Umm...pretty sure the oath I took said '...support and defend the constitution...' not '...support and defend the constitution when it follows my beliefs...'

I do, however, think the NFL is doing itself a disservice by allowing people to kneel during it. I think the general public does not like it, and while I would not blame the situation entirely on the ratings being down, it definitely has a part to play...which is also why people are always booing when they see it happen. I think people go there to watch a game and get a break from reality, and I can understand how it feels like people are being pushed towards a political agenda of some sort when they just want to watch a football game. I also can understand that it is a place of employment for those NFL players - somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but is it in the NFL rules for players to stand during the anthem? I'm honestly not 100% sure about that so if someone could post some clarification that would be great. But ultimately, it's up to the NFL whether or not they want to allow it. I think it's pretty ridiculous they allow people to kneel during the anthem but fine players over stupid shit like having stuff on their uniforms supporting fallen police officers.

I will always stand for it, but I would die protecting the right for those to kneel - and I agree with Prez that there is a lot more important shit to be focusing on than something this petty.

• Like 7
Edited by Caution

• Content Count:  890

So as an actual veteran, I think it's pretty funny when people go 'You're disrespecting the troops!' Umm...pretty sure the oath I took said '...support and defend the constitution...' not '...support and defend the constitution when it follows my beliefs...'

I do, however, think the NFL is doing itself a disservice by allowing people to kneel during it. I think the general public does not like it, and while I would not blame the situation entirely on the ratings being down, it definitely has a part to play...which is also why people are always booing when they see it happen. I think people go there to watch a game and get a break from reality, and I can understand how it feels like people are being pushed towards a political agenda of some sort when they just want to watch a football game. I also can understand that it is a place of employment for those NFL players - somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but is it in the NFL rules for players to stand during the anthem? I'm honestly not 100% sure about that so if someone could post some clarification that would be great. But ultimately, it's up to the NFL whether or not they want to allow it. I think it's pretty ridiculous they allow people to kneel during the anthem but fine players over stupid shit like having stuff on their uniforms supporting fallen police officers.

I will always stand for it, but I would die protecting the right for those to kneel.

w7Q99Dp.jpg

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

They "must" be on the sideline, lots of teams were in the locker rooms like the Green bay Packers

Oh, yes, I wasn't referring to those teams - just the ones specifically kneeling. But yes, those teams that were not on the sidelines would technically be violating NFL rules at that point then.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

The fact that people on both sides of the political aisle get so mad about shit like the statues in the south, people kneeling for the anthem, etc.. is frankly sad. The increase in outrage and identity politics in the United States is fucking disgusting. I personally think it's a bit ignorant to kneel for the anthem/flag as it represents more than the present day US but at the same time I understand the players intentions in doing so. The most important thing to understand is that the same right these players have to kneel is also the same right that allows people to be openly displeased by it and vote with their money- that's just how capitalism works.

If the NFL wants to entertain people and reach the largest audience you have to stay as least controversial as possible. If they make a rule they're going to get called Nazi's, if they they support what the players are doing they're going to get called Un-American.

Anyway, I don't understand why people get so easily asshurt nowadays- the entire situation is purely bullshit idiotic semantics in every sense of the word. People need to stop flexing their muscles by telling people they should die if they kneel and people need to stop thinking that just cause someone CAN do something doesn't mean they can't get punished for it.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread