? servers

? players online

Kneeling during national anthem

• Content Count:  1266

The fact that people on both sides of the political aisle get so mad about shit like the statues in the south, people kneeling for the anthem, etc.. is frankly sad. The increase in outrage and identity politics in the United States is fucking disgusting. I personally think it's a bit ignorant to kneel for the anthem/flag as it represents more than the present day US but at the same time I understand the players intentions in doing so.

That's just it, anything DJ Trump gives his 2 cents in, becomes a 2-sided argument blown out of proportion. These men, especially Kaepernick have been doing this for the longest while and it never garnered this attention. That man is a walking pile of controversy.

• Content Count:  1438

I'm on the fence about the whole thing. I'm so fucking sick of everything being so political.

On one hand, I guess it's a smart idea to start a protest during one of America's most popularly watched pastimes.

I also think that you should have the right to protest, right to stand up for what you believe in, etc.

I feel that there are better, more productive avenues of protesting. I honestly think that the kneeling is doing more harm than good.

Most of the people who are complaining about it are hypocrites. Probably the same kind of people who complain about red Starbucks cups and wear flag shirts and pants.

I'm not going to say that there are more important things to worry about because the injustices that POC face everyday are VERY important, I just feel as though it can be done in a different way that would be more effective and appealing to people.

Just not sure where to stand here.

• Content Count:  6242

Actually it did. While never in the scope where almost every team participated in the past, we also never had a sitting U.S. president make the statements that had caused it.

When Kaepernick did this 2 years ago, it was discussed heavily in the media. IMO its about 20% the reason he isn't playing football right now. The other 80% is because he wasn't very good his last 6 starts.

Anytime anyone in professional sports does something involving the national anthem/flag this discussion occurs. This even goes back to the discussion of pledge of allegiances in schools. Ultimately, unless they are going to make it an enforceable law to participate in a specific kind of way (which will never happen) the discussion needs to just end.

I'll always will stand as that is how I was brought up and I believe its right.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

Update to what I said:

Since this was posted 4 days ago Trump- our current president is calling the team owners to get them to fire their players for kneeling and now he's saying the owners are scared of the players for not firing them. That's our president folks... that's our president. Holy shit.

OWAwyXG.gif

In other news, if you could fire people for getting on their knees @Nimmy's mom would be in a serious debacle.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1070

Update to what I said:

Since this was posted 4 days ago Trump- our current president is calling the team owners to get them to fire their players for kneeling and now he's saying the owners are scared of the players for not firing them. That's our president folks... that's our president. Holy shit.

OWAwyXG.gif

In other news, if you could fire people for getting on their knees @Nimmy's mom would be in a serious debacle.

18 U.S. Code § 227 makes it a federal crime – punishable by a fine of up to 15 years in prison – for anyone, including the President, to influence or threaten to influence a private employment decision.

:thinking:

• Like 1
Edited by Eskomo

Reply to Thread