? servers

? players online

I prefer...  

119 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer...

• I have no preference - does not matter.
    • Teamspeak
    • Discord

Teamspeak or Discord?

• Content Count:  4441

I really don't see the accuracy of a poll on the forums asking about something like this which we are trying to add to encourage our server regulars to get on a voice server, and increase interaction. Especially if we're looking to pick one over the other. I went out to try to see what players thought, and it's pretty much the same as my experiences have always been. I understand the vote alone isn't going to be used to do it, but I think looking at only a forum poll without looking at the servers is missing a large piece of data.

I asked around on the servers using this.

sm_vote "Do you guys prefer TeamSpeak or Discord" "I don't read the vote options" "TeamSpeak3" "Discord"

PB, botched this screenshot kinda- apologies. Worth asking again with more/different people on.

8ae17aaca68d8c31f8f6afaa13ecfa27.png

UPDATE ON PB, did it again 30 minutes later and actually screenshotted the end of the vote with the #2 voted option on there.

e2cff6fb0407626c1dd3c23032f58bf7.png

PB again.

eb68ae38f629ccb31c0644f61c4be239.png

TTT, should ask again with more/different people on.

344fd16c17cbcdcfa62228c10542718d.png

TTT, again.

030b1b8e513cbbb0925f39620bcba2ef.png

ZE, should ask again with more/different people on.

6d1234919a0f08efd2ff7c82c4d51244.png

MG, should ask again with more/different people on.

3636e1fbb6022f45b9a85b957777551b.png

I'm not trying to say that these votes alone constitute reason to do it, what I am however saying is that if we are just going to take opinion from people on our forums it's not going to cover all the reason behind making the change. We would be making the change not only because a bunch of people would like us to have a Discord, but because it would encourage growth within the community from players who aren't going to see posts like this at all.

• Like 8
Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  8754

I really don't see the accuracy of a poll on the forums asking about something like this which we are trying to add to encourage our server regulars to get on a voice server, and increase interaction. Especially if we're looking to pick one over the other. I went out to try to see what players thought, and it's pretty much the same as my experiences have always been. I understand the vote alone isn't going to be used to do it, but I think looking at only a forum poll without looking at the servers is missing a large piece of data.

I asked around on the servers using this.

sm_vote "Do you guys prefer TeamSpeak or Discord" "I don't read the vote options" "TeamSpeak3" "Discord"

PB, botched this screenshot kinda- apologies. Worth asking again with more/different people on.

8ae17aaca68d8c31f8f6afaa13ecfa27.png

UPDATE ON PB, did it again 30 minutes later and actually screenshotted the end of the vote with the #2 voted option on there.

e2cff6fb0407626c1dd3c23032f58bf7.png

TTT, should ask again with more/different people on.

344fd16c17cbcdcfa62228c10542718d.png

ZE, should ask again with more/different people on.

6d1234919a0f08efd2ff7c82c4d51244.png

MG, should ask again with more/different people on.

3636e1fbb6022f45b9a85b957777551b.png

I'm not trying to say that these votes alone constitute reason to do it, what I am however saying is that if we are just going to take opinion from people on our forums it's not going to cover all the reason behind making the change. We would be making the change not only because a bunch of people would like us to have a Discord, but because it would encourage growth within the community from players who aren't going to see posts like this at all.

I appreciate the effort put into this. However, overall this thread was just to gather some early and preliminary thoughts. We could easily just do it without any community involvement, but we wanted to at least get some thoughts from our forum regulars who we can count on to get a lot of quick and honest opinions.

Also not to say that we wouldn't have polled the servers... it's just very early on. Once things get to a further point we may look to do more of these server polls like you've started with.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1257

For me and most of the people in a group that I game with here and there, Discord has been pretty painful through the time we've used it. We've had problems with voice cutting out, with it reading mics that are perfectly configured in windows and working elsewhere, and with it causing sound in games to cut out. I understand why people use it, it looks much more modern, its easier to learn how to use and manage, and anyone can create a server for it at any time. However, they still have a ways to go on it in my opinion before it will be anything completely dependable.

I'm not sure how much I agree that we are losing people because we don't have discord. Anyone that isn't involved enough in the community to download the teamspeak client and install it (a 5 minute process), more than likely isn't dedicated enough to bother joining a discord server we are in and then joining voice or even chat channels.

If we have both, we automatically lose admins and people in both, and split the population in two, in something that is intended to bring the population together, not split them apart.

I do however believe strongly in going the direction the community wants to go. If you think more people would join, then the real test is whether or not you can get them on here and vote. If they won't bother voting, they won't bother joining our discord if we had one.

• Like 2

If they won't bother voting, they won't bother joining our discord if we had one.

That logic does not pan out at all. Discord is more popular, people have more accounts and downloaded clients than our active forum members without a doubt in my mind (you don't even have to make an account). You don't even have to download Discord, you can simply click a link and pop in.

• Content Count:  1300

Teamspeak ? Connect once a month.

Discord ? Connect once a day.

Imo this discussion is like " Should we move ZE on cs:go or keep it on cs:s ?" (back in the days where it was discussed n this community, round 2014 I think)

(Also haven't ever interacted so much with people from some communities, not only ZE, since I've been using discord)

Edited by BloodyKiller

I appreciate the effort put into this. However, overall this thread was just to gather some early and preliminary thoughts. We could easily just do it without any community involvement, but we wanted to at least get some thoughts from our forum regulars who we can count on to get a lot of quick and honest opinions.

Also not to say that we wouldn't have polled the servers... it's just very early on. Once things get to a further point we may look to do more of these server polls like you've started with.

You are more than welcome to post your reasoning, however all we really care about right now are raw votes, because we’ve heard most arguments for / against each.

Reason I did it is cause Caution said that, and I'd like for there to be atleast some stats showing the other end of the stick besides the forums. If we were gonna take stats for before on the forums I didn't understand why not to take stats on the servers before aswell. I wasn't saying you guys wouldn't of done it, I just went out of my way to do it cause that's literally my rank and that's all that had been discussed before my post.

EDIT: also ill keep updating my post with new results as the server pops change

Edited by All Ts

• Content Count:  8754

Reason I did it is cause Caution said that, and I'd like for there to be atleast some stats showing the other end of the stick besides the forums. If we were gonna take stats for before on the forums I didn't understand why not to take stats on the servers before aswell. I wasn't saying you guys wouldn't of done it, I just went out of my way to do it cause that's literally my rank and that's all that had been discussed before my post.

EDIT: also ill keep updating my post with new results as the server pops change

I absolutely encourage you to keep grabbing results, and am glad you are taking the initiative on this. I'll send you a message offline with some further thoughts.

• Content Count:  796

Both are nice, but discord is more user friendly, and for me(as my computer runs at 30 frames on most csgo maps) needs as little things running in the background, and my csgo lags less with discord as a whole, as well as the fact that many people play in fullscreen mode, so to edit your channel in ts will crash their csgo. but using the game overlay for discord will not. The main problem with ts is the lack of a freemobile version, and not being able to open in desktop.

Having both would be the best, and would be easy to pick one for community events.

Edited by Nate S
Too late, cant spell

Reply to Thread