? servers

? players online

Make JB Great Again

• Content Count:  391

Didn’t even know this was a thread, but as someone who has spent too much time playing jailbreak, I’ll try and give some perspective of what I believe is killing JB.

1) The player base, as of now it is mostly filled with little kids, now this is not exactly a bad thing since having a little kid population is definitely better than no population, but when people that are older and come into the server to get screamed at by little kids, they are bound to leave. Which means that it’s just a snowball of little kids joining and older guys leaving or losing interest.

2) The quality of the CTs have definitely dropped. When I first joined at least half of the CT team had a mic and were able to give decent orders, now maybe only 1 or 2 CTs have a mic. Or everyone has a mic on CT but they’re too busy conflicting over each other, which brings me to my next point.

3) Conflicting and cancer. I don’t know why this server is so against having a warden system that allows someone to be the “main head” and direct the T’s and give them orders, I mean more often then not CTs will be constantly conflicting over one another if they have a mic and make people want to tear their ears off and leave.

4) Lack of admin presence, this is a no brainer, there are very few active JB admins, it feels like the higher ups have practically given up on JB.

5) The orders given . I made a thread a while ago about having special days like war day or purge day to spice things up, which ultimately got struck down for little to no reason. As of now, the orders are always “go to soccer be in the goal”, “go to pool be in water”, or the classic “free day no past first cell”. It’s quite tiring to hear the same shit every round, and it causes people to lose interest in the server.

In the end it all goes back to what bubblez said, the few regs on there are tryhards and there’s never anything interesting going on unless there are “hyped up regs”. I remember when I first joined, bubblez would find me in some secret or something, and he’d say something along the lines of “hey watcha doing there fat boy”, there are very few CTs that like to fuck around with the T’s and instead only play to stack their k/d.

Solutions: Have special events to get forum regs to start playing jb again, such as the admin vs regs thing, the juggernaut event, or giveaways for shop items if the server is filled, in hopes of getting randoms to become regs. Have role model CTs give interesting orders, if we build up a decent player base, add restrictions as to who can become a CT. Add a warden system. Allow wardays to be a thing.

Loosen up the restrictions of applying for admin, maybe we could make it so people don’t need 100 posts, and decrease the amount of supports required to become admin, have it so you can apply for a specific server, such as if you want to admin JB, you’d have to filled out an application to admin just JB, but you wouldn’t be able to admin TTT or ZE with a JB application.

Loosen up the amount of time admins are allowed to ban people for, on other communities they give 30 minute time outs and from there it is escalated. They only ban people if they have to, admins try and keep players on and the population active. People shouldn’t be permed after being banned for 3 Times, an example of this is Tacoftw. He was a good regular that got permed from bans of about a year ago. Even tho I didn’t like the kid personally, he was an active regular on the forums and the server, he was another person that liked playing on the server. We shouldn’t be perming people like this. We shouldn’t be giving people less motivation to go on the servers and try and populate the servers.

Maybe this post might be better coming from someone else other than myself who has had a lot of drama surrounding me. But this is really just to try and help JB. I’ve spent a lot of time playing on other successful communities and I want to be able to replicate that same success over here, I’ve noticed a lot of things that we are doing and aren’t doing that drive players away from our JB server and, like I said, I’m just tryna help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• Content Count:  5674

Didn’t even know this was a thread, but as someone who has spent too much time playing jailbreak, I’ll try and give some perspective of what I believe is killing JB.

1) The player base, as of now it is mostly filled with little kids, now this is not exactly a bad thing since having a little kid population is definitely better than no population, but when people that are older and come into the server to get screamed at by little kids, they are bound to leave. Which means that it’s just a snowball of little kids joining and older guys leaving or losing interest.

Yeah, nothing that can change that though.

2) The quality of the CTs have definitely dropped. When I first joined at least half of the CT team had a mic and were able to give decent orders, now maybe only 1 or 2 CTs have a mic. Or everyone has a mic on CT but they’re too busy conflicting over each other, which brings me to my next point.

Yeah, but again there isn't a plugin or rule solution to having no good CTs.

3) Conflicting and cancer. I don’t know why this server is so against having a warden system that allows someone to be the “main head” and direct the T’s and give them orders, I mean more often then not CTs will be constantly conflicting over one another if they have a mic and make people want to tear their ears off and leave.

We tried just slightly introducing warden about a month ago where only a few people were using it and weren't even bossing the CTs around and the players trashed it. Just seeing the word warden made all the players start screaming and arguing. Sure, we could force it into the server without player support and hope they eventually get used to it, but I don't think that's the best option. While warden was being used so many people were coming forward and saying it's one of the things they like about our server, all CTs can give orders. Yes, conflicting is a problem, but admins can control that, the problem is the number of admins.

4) Lack of admin presence, this is a no brainer, there are very few active JB admins, it feels like the higher ups have practically given up on JB.

The higher ups can't necessarily do anything about players from PB not wanting to apply for admin or simply not being fit. I haven't seen one good, mature player from PB seem interested in admin. Just the screaming little kids constantly mention their interest. I have admittedly fallen off for the last week or two but that's just because another game briefly caught my attention, in general we have a very big lack of admins right now. It's not only PB, we went from 60+ admins (maybe 5 months back?) to slowly decreasing until we're now at around 27.

5) The orders given . I made a thread a while ago about having special days like war day or purge day to spice things up, which ultimately got struck down for little to no reason. As of now, the orders are always “go to soccer be in the goal”, “go to pool be in water”, or the classic “free day no past first cell”. It’s quite tiring to hear the same shit every round, and it causes people to lose interest in the server.

This again comes from a lack of quality CTs and a plugin simply won't fix this. Bad CTs are bad CTs, if you try to fix generic orders but making most of the rounds goof off rounds it will eventually feel like generic orders. Concerning your thread, you didn't really present a plugin or anything, you just sort of made one up in your head. If you show us a plugin that can work, it'd probably be taken more seriously. Things like this could come in the future warden (whole thing is sort of complicated and at a complete standstill right now) plugin though.

In the end it all goes back to what bubblez said, the few regs on there are tryhards and there’s never anything interesting going on unless there are “hyped up regs”. I remember when I first joined, bubblez would find me in some secret or something, and he’d say something along the lines of “hey watcha doing there fat boy”, there are very few CTs that like to fuck around with the T’s and instead only play to stack their k/d.

Yeah, unfortunately.

Solutions: Have special events to get forum regs to start playing jb again, such as the admin vs regs thing, the juggernaut event, or giveaways for shop items if the server is filled, in hopes of getting randoms to become regs. Have role model CTs give interesting orders, if we build up a decent player base, add restrictions as to who can become a CT. Add a warden system. Allow wardays to be a thing.

Unique events are hard to think up for PB, we could definitely do another juggernaut event or something like that but it's going to eventually become repetitive. Like I said, what path we're taking the warden system is complicated right now and it's a standstill anyway. And also like I said earlier, something of a warday could be implemented into it.

Loosen up the restrictions of applying for admin, maybe we could make it so people don’t need 100 posts, and decrease the amount of supports required to become admin, have it so you can apply for a specific server, such as if you want to admin JB, you’d have to filled out an application to admin just JB, but you wouldn’t be able to admin TTT or ZE with a JB application.

I agree that the time aspect of the requirements doesn't drive people away from applying for admin and that it's completely due to the posts they need. Posts are necessary to see from an applicant but it should be lowered in my opinion, believe this idea has been rejected by the Board multiple times though. There isn't a specific amount of support you need to get admin, it all comes down to quality of the posts. I do also completely agree that server specific admins should be implemented though. Obviously a lot is around going on with the ranks, but it's a good idea imo. People shouldn't be getting reapplied on apps for not having played other servers, but they also shouldn't be getting admin and playing other servers, because the quality of their administration on other servers is usually not good.

Loosen up the amount of time admins are allowed to ban people for, on other communities they give 30 minute time outs and from there it is escalated. They only ban people if they have to, admins try and keep players on and the population active. People shouldn’t be permed after being banned for 3 Times, an example of this is Tacoftw. He was a good regular that got permed from bans of about a year ago. Even tho I didn’t like the kid personally, he was an active regular on the forums and the server, he was another person that liked playing on the server. We shouldn’t be perming people like this. We shouldn’t be giving people less motivation to go on the servers and try and populate the servers.

I think when admins do stuff like mute someone, then immediately unmute them and kick them it's absolutely ridiculous. Admins should be trying to keep people in the server. I disagree with lowering the bans and things though, we are WAY MORE lenient than other communities that I've seen. Most of them seem to immediately perm trolls (not referring to SNG...) and not give many second shots (from what I've seen).

Maybe this post might be better coming from someone else other than myself who has had a lot of drama surrounding me. But this is really just to try and help JB. I’ve spent a lot of time playing on other successful communities and I want to be able to replicate that same success over here, I’ve noticed a lot of things that we are doing and aren’t doing that drive players away from our JB server and, like I said, I’m just tryna help.

I think it was a really good post dude. Hopefully we can get a discussion going about it in the SA or CA meetings.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

Also i've never been banned for freekilling but I did get banned by All t's once for questioning his authority.

Mmm, actually you were banned for flaming another player after being told to stop numerous times to the point where it was also becoming hardcore micspam.

I don't play JB anymore but, it will always have a special place in my heart.

I've droned on about what was hurting Prison Break in the past. Problem with Prison Break isn't that there is a lack of players, that's the effect. The source issue is that there is a lack of admins/quality admins, lack of quality oversight/management, and the way the server is setup (vanilla/everything manually done) makes it so much worse. You can't have a server that is almost entirely managed by rules but then at the same time have a lack of admins, rare updates to said rules/server, and super far & inbetween events. The playerbase was also notoriously obnoxious/childish which drove away a lot of the more mature/older players, led to admins not wanting to play there, and started a vicious cycle of many of admin candidates just being flat-out awful (also due to CS:GO containing much more morons). These people abused the shit out of powers, slapped people way too often, would skip protocol, spread false rules, CT ban for too long, had shitty attitudes, made the playerbase angry and created lots of havoc among our staff.

People will make this problem more complicated than it is, but that's just the truth. If no one is going out of their way the same way every other server at SG has done in the past to actively make the server better it is only natural for it to decline or take small hits. A gangs plugin with shitty upgrades isn't gonna fix it, lightening up on ban protocol which will fill the server with the same childish cancer people complain about is not gonna fix it, and sitting around complaining or offering solutions will not fix it. The server needs someone to actually make shit happen, and even when I was around working my ass off around the clock it was still not nearly enough to propel the server into past success. The Events, Rule reworks, Shop/Model ideas, CT bans interface, scouting for more quality admins and if not adding a Guard plugin is all necessary shit that needs to HAPPEN, not be simply talked about- actually happen.

Just my two cents.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1057

The population has been down and honestly I think there is only one reason JB is bad is because of:

Lack of good ct's. People stack ct because they wanna play ct, and then camp armory or do stupid crap. I've played games where terrorists got freedays 5 times in a row. When I try to play CT and give orders, PEOPLE FIGHT ME ON CT TO GIVE T'S A FREEDAY!!! That is how you know JB is messed up

On maps like jb_clouds camping armory, the top of diving board, or the little invisible spot above cells secret is the METAGAME. When was JB about survival of 5v10. I'd petition against jb_clouds but it's a fan favorite so nothing I can do... Also I find that last ct always sends people opposite to where they are (sending people to pool when they camp soccer on electric revamp)

This is when people say that I'm a bad ct and I freekill and stuff but I just play ct a bit more tryhard then others... Also i've never been banned for freekilling but I did get banned by All t's once for questioning his authority.

LOL. @All Ts

Tomerator don’t let those little fat boys that love giving freedays talk you down. Stay CT give orders, if they conflict report them. It’s time to show them what a real CT is, I have faith in you.

Just need to get back more regulars back, from what I’ve been noticing, a lot of the old regs have gone to fort nite and pubg.

Edited by Bubblez

• Content Count:  28

tbh the regs that play ct arent really that bad, granted most of them are squeakers but they can give some alright orders, its not the players themselves, its what they do. I mainly play Ct and when I'm on the main issue I notice is the conflicting. But most of all, everybody wants to be the center of attention. Especially the squeaker CTs that scream out orders right when the round starts, giving the more experienced CTs, pretty much no chance to give orders. Personally I think we need a warden system, because I think the main issue i see from JB is derived from the CTs. Either they don't really understand what they're doing, or theres the CTs that take advantage of the newbies' lack of understanding of the rules, and kill them for it. Especially to new players CTs need to be patient, because if you keep killing these newcomers they wont ever get on SG PB again, because all they remember is strict ass CTs that kill to increase their KD ratios.

• Content Count:  1266

tbh the regs that play ct arent really that bad' date=' granted most of them are squeakers but they can give some alright orders, its not the players themselves, its what they do. I mainly play Ct and when I'm on the main issue I notice is the conflicting. But most of all, [b']everybody wants to be the center of attention.[/b] Especially the squeaker CTs that scream out orders right when the round starts, giving the more experienced CTs, pretty much no chance to give orders. Personally I think we need a warden system, because I think the main issue i see from JB is derived from the CTs. Either they don't really understand what they're doing, or theres the CTs that take advantage of the newbies' lack of understanding of the rules, and kill them for it. Especially to new players CTs need to be patient, because if you keep killing these newcomers they wont ever get on SG PB again, because all they remember is strict ass CTs that kill to increase their KD ratios.

If we were to give a traditional* Warden system for public use, what would stop these cancerous CTs from being the only one giving orders; wouldn't it worsen the problem?

• Like 1
Edited by anuL

• Content Count:  391

If we were to give a traditional* Warden system for public use, what would stop these cancerous CTs from being the only one giving orders; wouldn't it worsen the problem?

You’re right, having a traditional warden system means one person would be getting all the “attention”. But I think it’s better to have one little lad screaming into their mic trying to get out orders out as opposed to many little lads screaming into their trying to get orders out. Every little lad has a chance of getting their attention without making people want to shoot their ears out as much.

• Content Count:  712

I agree with what most of you said. The main problem is the conflicting and cancer going on with CT, and lack of good CTs.

I'll start with the conflicting on CT side, and my opinions. Someone give orders (Most of the time in chat), and then a CT with a mic screams out the order. Everytime, the Ts will listen to the CT who gave orders using a mic. And this cancer shit goes on, where everyone starts to scream. This can be easily fixed, if one of the CTs just step up to be the bigger man, and let the other one give orders, because no ones going to listen to you, if you don't have a mic. This brings me to the next issue, using mics. I don't have a mic, but I can still play CT better than half the people who have a mic. I think it's better for people to get used to chat orders, because....it's jailbreak we're talking about. Everyones screaming their asses off, but you can know what the orders are if someone gives it in chat. There's no way that orders can be given through a mic if everyone's screaming.

For the other problem - lack of good CTs. I usually play T side, but most of the time when I do, the CTs get overwhelmed. The ideal ratio is 1:2, as most admins like it, but I don't think that would be beneficial to have it as a "rule". There are "good" and "bad" CTs, because some are more experienced than others. In my opinion, the ratio isn't the problem, that causes bad CTs and unfairness in the game, it's quality vs quantity. You could have 8 CTs against 10 Ts, which I see a lot when I play jailbreak these days, because people want the attention. People will keep screaming about the ratio.. but they have to realise that the skill level of the CTs is also an important factor. Whenever I'm on T, and I see good CTs playing like @Dominic and @Casual , and even with less CTs than Ts, they still have a high chance of winning because they have experienced players. 1:2 is a good idea, for a starting point. My suggestion is that we get rid of that. Admins switch players so the ratio can be 1:2, and people get used to that. If the CTs lose a round, with like 90% of the Ts still alive, one person should switch from T to CT. It'll mess up the ideal ratio, but it will also balance up the game a bit.

• Content Count:  615

The big issue I see here is that we have a lack of good admins/rule enforcers on JB. I really like the idea of having server specific admins, I think this would allow us to make sure we have players who will definetely be there to admin the server.

With the new rank structure I feel like we could have the SA’s be admins for only the server they apply for, but with time they could apply for Senior SA which would allow them to admin all the servers. Just a suggestion, lmk.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.