? servers

? players online

Make T baiting not allowed

• Content Count:  2162

But its hard to distinguish when to kill someone if it happens to you all the time and you want to not die so you kill them since they quote on quote try to kill you. Also this is why I made this suggestion so people couldnt harass me with T bait all the damn time.

Essentially my personal suggestion to you is this.

When you go on the TTT server and people try to annoy you with the T baiting and the making fun of you, just dont shoot them unless you are POSITIVE they are T and also mute anyone who is making fun of you or try to get one of us admins on to monitor the situation. Im not trying to be mean but nothing is going to change if you continue to give these people the angry little raging kid they are looking for, so it is best to act more mature in the situation and just ignore them so they eventually get bored of picking on you and move on to actually playing the game.

I understand that this suggestion might make the game less fun for you to play at first because it would make you have to be a LOT more serious when playing these gamemodes, however in the long run I think it will make people respect you more and will make them pick on you less. Hope that this helps

• Like 1

• Content Count:  418

But its hard to distinguish when to kill someone if it happens to you all the time and you want to not die so you kill them since they quote on quote try to kill you. Also this is why I made this suggestion so people couldnt harass me with T bait all the damn time.

I don't find it likely that T baiting will be made bannable, as it usually doesn't escalate to a situation such as yours and would really restrict the game mode if it were banned.

A good route to take be to not give people the reaction they want when this happens. They're just looking to get you upset, so if you don't let them get to you, they will see that they are just wasting their time. It definitely isn't a change that would happen over night, so you'd need to let them know, over a good period of time, that they won't get a rise out of you.

If this still persists, make a player complaint or let an admin know that this is happening. That's probably the best step to take in this situation. If you are just trying to play the game and are getting harassed, then it is almost guaranteed that action will be taken against the people doing this.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  74

First off with Cept I want to say that I cant just wait to be positive cause I will be dead by then and will never be able to play if that's how I did it. With Poobah I understand I shouldn't give a reaction but if it happens to you every time you just get on the server its hard not to. Also I cant make a player complaint for T baiting its not a rule you cant, look at the title of the suggestion, XD, they harass me by T baiting not bannable

Edited by Abomination

• Content Count:  2162

@Abomination T Baiting is allowed, but player harassment and disrespect is against the rules. If it gets to the point where you literally cant play the game then you should make a player complaint asking for the people to be banned for player harassment.

Again, it comes down to how you act, and what you are willing to do in order to make people stop. You have the option of changing your reactions, getting an admin on, or making a player complaint on the person/people

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2681

Can I just say something?

Abomination has gotten 5 posts from this 1 thread. This isn't a suggestion anymore, to me it sounds somewhat like an ''argument'' let @Mad Dogg or @Gator to finish this since, they are the owners of TTT right now.

I still think it should be allowed and should just be dealt within game of T baiting still being KOSable. Just be careful and try not to be trigger happy.

I don't know what to really say in this thread anymore.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  74

First. Cept I do get harassed and I know I should record but I cant it doesn't work but that is not the factor I'm talking about. I am talking about how people abuse T baiting is allowed to target the people they hate which is for a lot of people me and some other squeakers. I understand Creten but no one is really listening to the exact argument they are switching it to actual harassment which I am not going at, also I get mad cause it happens to me when I get on the server until I get off the server.

Edited by Abomination

• Content Count:  2681

@Abomination, I think the reason you're being "harassed" is because to them from me seeing it, you're an easy target. No offense you sound hella young on your mic and they think that you won't do anything about it. You're feeding them with reactions. When I used to play g mod all day. I was around 10 and I uses my mic, I was yelled at and such. I was taught what the BLOCK button is, or if you're lucky and there us an admin on. Tell them to PM the harasser and ask the admin to tell them to stop just try to ignore them. Once you ignore them they will stop because all they want is attention and your reaxtion. ( I know this went hella off topic but he brought it up soooo)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2668

If they are doing it consistently with the purpose of harassing you, you can report them.

In terms of the suggestion, I'm not behind the idea because it is hard to consitute a t-bait. I've seen people define it in many ways and it would be hard to draw a line on it. It would also be hard for our admins to go back and see what happened, if just can't happen.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1329

As mentioned earlier. No. I can't play enough to win the karma races and what not, so I do actually enjoy T baiting so people lose karma. I don't necessarily "target" people, I just tend to walk around and find someone to T bait and I enjoy it for the rage reactions from some lol.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  615

I agree that T baiting is at times extremely annoying, when you contsantly get t-baited it makes it hard to determine when somebody is actually trying to kill you.

However, occasionally I t-bait myself. I think overall it’s just another addition to TTT that, IF used correctly, can actually be quite useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Reply to Thread