? servers

? players online

!votekick/!voteban

• Content Count:  2162

@euro, my point exactly, players have to tough it out until an admin shows up or justice is dealt on the forums. What I was looking for was something that could keep trolls from affecting the server in the time admins aren't on, which can often be 2-3 hours even with a !calladmin. If there's nothing that would achieve this without bringing more bad than good, that's all I was looking for.

Player complaints arent a waste if thats what youre saying btw (idk if you are). They allow the person to be banned after the fact, but it also shows them that admin or not they shouldnt break rules. Also it can lead to multiple bans/strikes and lead to a perm ban eventually on the person (keyword is CAN, not that it WILL). Also if an admin isnt responding to !calladmin for a while you should try getting someone one via steam message, shoutbox, teamspeak or anything really. Theres multiple ways to get an admin to come deal with the problem but the issue is that people are too lazy to go those alternative rroots and would rather complain that admins never come when theyre needed.

• Content Count:  1583

@Cept For Her, didn't mean to imply that any of the other routes are useless. I appreciate them and all the time you put into them. I was just looking for something that could keep the server from being shitted up by 1 person until an admin is able to come on. These stretches can last up to 3 hours and one person going ham can spoil it for everyone.

This thread is technically already answered so I'm gonna stop responding for now.

• Content Count:  796

Make whoever called it get a 3 day bam if they can't type a reason, this would make for he said she said stuff, but at least dumb newbies wouldn't be able to abuse it, and vote an is stupid, votekick is fine.

• Content Count:  615

I know this thread got marked as answered but i’m gonna throw one last thing out there. Aside from the rare cheater or intentional mass free killer, there really aren’t too many situations a reg can’t handle themselves. I’ve never had admin and yet anything that might fall under !votekick i’ve been able to take care of myself or with help from other players. You just gotta stay calm and talk it out with the person. Nobody is gonna cooperate after getting flamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  391

It would be whoever called it that gets punished. If a situation were to happen, such as someone votebanning abomination for 30 minutes, that person would get a fat 3-7 day ban, and nobody would abuse it again.

How to lose most of your player base 101

banning them

• Content Count:  1583

It's about making a point about not abusing the system. Banning people for breaking rules keeps then from breaking rules. I think it would only be abused once or twice, the victim would only get a 30 minute, and everyone else would get the message. Not to mention the huge concenus it would take to have the vote to pass in the first place. I get the feeling this could be very effective and easy to discourage abuse. But we'll see what Delirium has in mind anyways if it comes up.

• Content Count:  4441

It would be whoever called it that gets punished. If a situation were to happen, such as someone votebanning abomination for 30 minutes, that person would get a fat 3-7 day ban, and nobody would abuse it again.

This system would work exactly the same as Calladmin in terms of oversight, which is exactly why it is not a good idea. Most suggestions like this that mean to automate or add structure to some part of missing administration are not as much a solution as they are a symptom of the problem.

You realize this is how Calladmin worked and it did not function properly whatsoever, right? Just cause you punish someone for something doesn't mean people aren't going to do it, some are going to be more likely to do it instead of less. How are random people going to know to be discouraged from doing this based on one subtle ban? SG like many other communities has people who know the rules extremely well but knowingly break and skirt them literally on a more than weekly basis and others who don't even look at the forums- so even if it was decided to make some announcement post (as was done with Calladmin) the effect probably would likely be negligible.

Reply to Thread