• All Ts
    • diryathing
    • DML
    • delirium
    • Kyle
    • tides

SG's Favorite Admin - Finals

• Content Count:  2579

I would like to point out that had you all not decided to band together to MASSIVELY destroy diry in the vote, then we would not have campaigned as much as we did. So as much as this is our fault, its also your guys’ fault for making such a big deal out of it.

I can't believe you wrote this unironically.

fa2667552dd16fcad8adb61f2834efe5.png

• Like 8

• Content Count:  1527

I would like to point out that had you all not decided to band together to MASSIVELY destroy diry in the vote, then we would not have campaigned as much as we did. So as much as this is our fault, its also your guys’ fault for making such a big deal out of it. All your little sharade of, LETS VOTE FOR ANYBODY BUT DIRY, VOTE FOR TIDES, and all that stuff just made us want to campaign more because it felt like a real competition at that point. Our main goal was to get diry into the finals, which we did, and from there we were going to take the campaigning lightly (ie. the one post i made about actually voting for diry). Do i think diry should be removed from the contest? No, absolutely not. Theres no reason to remove diry when you guys only tried to make him lose by doing the same thing we did but with tides. I get that its kind of a lost vote for everyone else but you brought it upon yourselves by deciding to screw over diry and give us some actual reason to go ask more people to vote for him to give SOMEONE a fair chance at the finals. My recommendation: take what you get and have fun with it anyway you can. When you guys take this contest seriously is when it gets boring. Campaigning was never serious for me and diry, it was just our way of having fun here and we even got you guys to make a shitload of memes against us which is hilarious. I feel like if a revote were to be done, then we should remove everyone who thinks this contest is a real competition, and not just another way for everyone to have fun on the forums and outside of them

Quite the opposite.

Every year when someone campaigns, they don't do it because they want to do it for shits and giggles, they do it to win. If you campaign in a contest that's supposed to be for fun and for excitement, that just looks terribly on you. Its people that campaign that takes it seriously. If you seriously thought you were in for shits and giggles then you would not give ANY flying FUCK about the outcome of this contest nor would you be as agitated as you are right now.

When you take things (like memes and shitposts) to heart about an issue that has ZERO value, that means you actually care about the said thing. So yes, you are serious about this, don't ever fucking say you don't. That is beyond disingenuous, if you're going to campaign without a fucking care in the world, act like it. Stop giving a shit

It's people like you that ruin the contest every year, people that SHOULDN'T take this contest seriously but they do. Either don't take this seriously and campaign and get fairly fucking roasted on or don't campaign and skip all the obvious fucking drama you knew was going to happen

• Like 5

• Content Count:  2579

Can we re-do the final please? Either that or (even though this is unfair) remove every member from the poll leaving only subs+

To be fair, re-doing the final will only give it an actual value. We shall embrace the memes that have fallen upon us. I never considered this contest as a winning/losing thing and we should keep it this way. I never gave two shit about this contest and I'm happy of the memes we got this year.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  586

Honestly I don't know why there is so much drama, for people who don't really care who wins, its fucking hilarious, like the memes and just all of the comments have made this so funny and exciting. Like we should just embrace it as a meme and not have so much drama. It's not like the winner wins anything, atleast its fun to watch these types of things unfold, and its so exciting to wait and see what else is going to happen. I know that im not relevant to this drama in any way but you guys got to understand to the people that aren't getting into the drama, most of us are probably enjoying all of this.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1654

treat anything in () as a "pause, let me give you some background/provide a personal comment"

I do not regret my decision to campaign (I started campaigning during the semifinals). I understand that the extent of my campaigning (campaigning to ze players to win a contest) is as bad as sidearmsavage/stunningjam/insidious (creating fake accounts to win a contest) hence completing Korean's prophecy (sorry kyle it won't be you who becomes the annual villain of the favorite admin contest).

So... remind me where in this “prophecy” it reads “ruin the competition for years to come and make yourself look like a fucking douche”

My desire to win was the primary motive of me doing this

huh... no shit?

*. I wanted to win the entire contest for bragging rights but I felt like that would not be possible because ZE is underrepresented on the forums (even if this is not true, I still believe it as of now. Someone tell me otherwise)

im telling you otherwise... Tides won all of his rounds before this competely fairly and while I understand he wasn’t voted solely by ZE regs, hes still currently a vary large ZE admin in this community.

So I was frustrated internally. I knew if I campaigned to ze players I could easily win the entire thing but kept a guilty conscience because at that time I was not eligible for the wall of shame (which I placed a lot of value of not getting into).

u sure? Cause the only thing I have ever heard you talk about recently on TeamSpeak is how badly Korean will roast you, don’t lie you like the attention and wanted more.

Fast forward to the 8/24, after coming back from an eye exam, I was really struggling with deciding to keep my integrity and lose in the semifinals with any chances of winning going down because of cept's unexpected campaigning earlier that week (I'm not wrong about my chances of winning here is a quote from montag: "I would have voted for you if it was not for cept's campaigning". Here is a real question btw, why did I not stop him? The best answer I can provide is because I felt happy that someone would go out of their way to campaign for me and did not want to stop him. ) or win for the sake of winning.

So basically you gave up on your self integrity bullshit and said fuck it I want to win because Cept said “vote for diry” once. Makes complete sense

I was talking to roux about my dilemma when greggy came on and announced I was going to be on korean's wall because of cept's campaigning. At that point I changed my mentality to "it should be fine to go with that plan because I have nothing left to lose, I'll be in korean's wall of shame whatever I do at this point". So I asked cept for her to become my campaign manager and explained my plan to win.

No fucking way are you going to use me as a scapegoat for what you decided, I said what I said as a complete joke and poking fun at you for the fact that cept mentioned you once. If I had known you where blind enough to see that as an innocent joke I wouldn’t have said anything and believe me I won’t anymore.

During my time campaigning, I felt motivated and excited(something I haven't felt in a long time, the feeling of doing everything I can to win reminiscent to tryharding back in 2016) and proceeded to talk to every single ze player I knew of to help me win this contest (I also thanked each one for doing this because:

1. its the least I could do
  2. they understood what I'm doing is dirty and are willing to help me out anyways. I did not force anyone.)

My motivation skyrocketed when I found out (on the day of the finals) that I made the entire forums my enemy (it was also thrilling) with my plan to win.

How fucked do you have to be to enjoy the fact that what you were doing aggravated some people

If you guessed the amount of people I talked to was 15 you are wrong, I went as far as talking to 28 unique people where 25 choose to help me out (in either of one of the two days or for both days) through steam messages/discord calls/discord pms*. (That number also includes actual ZE regs who do visit the forums regularly). I look like an extreme competitor who went beyond "its just a friendly game" and I'm surprised at how the contest turned out(and at me and cept's campaigning skills).

You’re more blind than a fucking bat if you think asking people that don’t visit the forums to vote for you is skill

As I said before I do not regret my decision to enact this but I do recognize that it was extreme(who the hell is willing to talk to 28 people?) and ruined the fun for other people (especially the other finalists and delirium). So for that I am sorry for ruining your fun in order to attempt to win a contest.

So this is the part where I wanted to get to. I don’t care about winning, i never thought I would make it far but I don’t care if I lost, what I do care about is the fact that you and others have turned a competition of meming on others for voting on themselves and having an actual fun time into some kind of battle ground. Like I said on shoutbox, rules regarding disqualification are being talked about and it’s just sad that you potentially ruined future competitions from being fun to being strict. All TS said to me he hated this competition because it changed people, I couldn’t really agree because I never witnessed one before but I never expected it to be you of all people.

As for what @All Ts proposed, I do not like it but I believe (through another person's perspective) that it would be appropriate for me making a lot of forum members throw away their personal choices in order to defeat me so that I cannot say "I won through campaigning".

*other motives include: Making people vote for ze admins (tides counts), not disappointing cept for her after all the campaigning he did that week, proving ZE has forum presence and a respectable gamemode

*Surprisingly I did make a personal rule where I will not use steam group announcements to campaign and to only ask ZE players

thats pretty stupid, considering making announcements on SG steam groups non related to the specific server/community is against the rules

(Its almost 3 am and I've been trying to type this since 12:30 so I'm going to stop and go to sleep because I think this should be satisfactory for you guys in trying to explain what I did for the contest. I'll just color code the entire thing later if you don't want to read the whole thing.)

Tldr; I explain how to campaign like a ze tryahrd

Can you explain the part where a lot of those ZE tryhards are now banned and that you of all people shouldn’t be looking to them as examples for how to act

Really good explanation, except it was entirely unnecessary and fucking retarded.

TLDR: he wanted attention and didn’t know how to get it.

Reply to Thread