? servers

? players online

Prime Accounts Only

• Content Count:  2162

Now that this has been done, I had to pay 15 necessary dollars. This idea just worsened the community, since many good players were free to play. If you don't want cheaters, get admins.

As the title suggests, many good players cannot play now due to this. I think that going prime only is a dick move considering regular players would be forced to pay 15 dollars just to play TTT, (I just play TTT) So I hope you remove prime only.

You can level up your CSGO profile to 21 to get free prime. Might've been a good idea to do some research beforehand.

Anyways, you had to buy the game in the past to even play CS, I don't see how this is a dick move. Cheaters are a complicated thing to deal with simply with admins, from experience.

Have a lot of fun with your newly acquired prime matchmaking experience!

What this man said^^^

Its always good to check the update/patch notes: https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

YslE8dT.png

This was one of the reasons we decided to try Prime only on servers like MG and TTT, seeing how it is easier now for people to get prime, and while it may not stop the hackers from creating new accounts, it would make it a lot harder for them to get onto the servers with a brand new account.

It may be a small drawback from the perspective of some F2P players, but it is not impossible to play on our servers without paying.

As @Gator said, this is being tested right now, meaning it may be removed if it is deemed unhelpful to the community and ends up hurting us more than helping, but if it solves some of the repeated cheater issues we are having, then it would be good to keep

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

I saw somewhere that the API can retrieve prime status of accounts so that you can manually whitelist them. If this were something that we could do, what would you guys think of allowing people to request or purchase a whitelist for a reduced price so that they can play with a non-prime account?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  11501

I saw somewhere that the API can retrieve prime status of accounts so that you can manually whitelist them. If this were something that we could do, what would you guys think of allowing people to request or purchase a whitelist for a reduced price so that they can play with a non-prime account?

That doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all.

• Content Count:  2187

Maybe we could add it as one of the Subscriber perks? If we are allowing people to pay to get on our test servers for a reduced price, we might as well use Subscriber as a stepping stone for this to work, since it's the minimum price to get perks.

If I'm getting something wrong, don't hesitate to correct me.

• Content Count:  2579

uhhh some guy named tw floop mg reg he connected and he doesn't have prime, looked at his badges and nothing was there. Is it still on?

You don't get a badge from being prime. The badge you may be referring to is the one you obtained before CS was p2p.

• Content Count:  1583

I think this is an awesome idea. Maybe there could be a separate server for Prime only or only certain times of the day or something? Just a suggestion, but I think its a great idea, nonetheless.

I don't think SG has any intentions of hosting twice the servers, but enabling non-prime during peak hours where we have more admins available might be worthwhile to keep our population up and cheaters down.

Reply to Thread