? servers

? players online

Should we get the SG MC server back?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get the SG MC server back?

Add the SG Minecraft Server back?

• Content Count:  257

There is nothing this community can make that you guys will play for more than 3 weeks. There are a lot of new members in our community, so I kind of expect these threads to pop up. MC has been tried for so long and with so many different combinations that I have lost count. The kind of server suggested in OP has been tried several times at least.

I suggest keeping it event servers only :)

3 week pixelmon event?

• Content Count:  5674

Go for it. Also do it outside of the main SG funds.

I'm just pointing out the flaw behind the logic some people are using here and saying there's potential pros to having a server.

I didn't dive into the cons and general problems with it. Who's going to pay for it? Who's going to run it? What type of server is it? Is the plan to bring in new people or just get a server for SG players? Questions like that are still completely worth asking before considering something like this, I was just mainly picking something out of this thread that I wanted to comment on.

• Content Count:  8754

I think if we did decide to bring it back again, we would have to do a lot of planning beforehand and ensure that it is what the community wants at that point in time. Not only that, but we need to keep moulding it and (heh) crafting it to keep up with changing tastes. MC (along with darkrp imo) is one of the hardest games/gamemodes that we have tried to keep up here, so we would definitely need to have someone fully dedicated who can also keep the community in mind.

• Content Count:  2162

I think if we did decide to bring it back again, we would have to do a lot of planning beforehand and ensure that it is what the community wants at that point in time. Not only that, but we need to keep moulding it and (heh) crafting it to keep up with changing tastes. MC (along with darkrp imo) is one of the hardest games/gamemodes that we have tried to keep up here, so we would definitely need to have someone fully dedicated who can also keep the community in mind.

@Clamor, my man, get it done

• Content Count:  325

The issue here is promotion, if nobody ever hears about it then how can people join it?

I'm also your dedicated man lol. java

• Content Count:  2579

The issue here is promotion, if nobody ever hears about it then how can people join it?

I'm also your dedicated man lol. java

Nope, the issue is that nobody plays Minecraft more than 2 weeks without being bored to death because, well, Minecraft isn't about gameplay but nostalgia. I don't think it'd stay populated (if it ever was) more than a month.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  813

I'm not opposed to the idea, as it can go towards the growth of our player-base at SG. However, I'd like to see at least 2x ATs & 2-3 CAs willing to commit to this and for it not to be just another 'oh we will play for a month server'.

When I say commit, I don't just mean maintain, feedback & keep 30 players for a few weeks... I'd want to see continued focus on development/implementation and also planning for growth. I appreciate that growth is not always easy, but there needs to be a thought process on how you'd be looking to bring in and retain players.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  208

I just wanted to say I've seen what the owners of who owned the MC server and they did a lot. They should be credited on what they did; however, it wasn't complete, as I suggested before the server should be not half or in the making done and be adding on things such as the shop or types of areas like spawn etc. Last time, it was becoming unfair on how people were making money(like me) in the server where they would be afk for the whole day just to make thousands of dollars when they aren't even playing but afk was the problem it would be the ammount of exploits they abused and so we really shouldn't have a dedicated MC server for SG because like said before we had and tried but died in the end.

• Content Count:  325

Nope, the issue is that nobody plays Minecraft more than 2 weeks without being bored to death because, well, Minecraft isn't about gameplay but nostalgia. I don't think it'd stay populated (if it ever was) more than a month.

dude minecraft is old and still have a lot of content to be made give it some hope

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4798

We just put out some new server every few months to keep it fresh (also to do the required wipe), though we did have limits to what we could offer. Not that we half assed it all, i am not sure how we didnt go mad.

Edited by SilentGuns

Reply to Thread