? servers

? players online

Should we get the SG MC server back?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get the SG MC server back?

Add the SG Minecraft Server back?

• Content Count:  1382

Instead of raffles can we just have drop parties in minecraft?

Anyways maybe if there was a clans competition or some sort of incentive to come on I feel like we’d have a great MC server. The last time we had a server we didn’t really have clans or factions or a reason to join other than to chill out and probably afk farm for useless money and bomb rush every damn elytra.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1799

It’s great to see the revival of Minecraft within this community, especially because I wasn’t here when any MC server was up, but you gotta realize that history repeats itself. I enjoyed playing just as much as you guys but you gotta realize that Minecraft has an ending for everyone. Where that ending is is up to each specific person, some people call it after killing the Ender Dragon, others call it after they’ve made everything they possibly could automatically done by using red stone, but it isn’t something that last forever.

I suggest if you want something like vanilla survival but also don’t want the server to be chaotic, look into plugins like Towny. It’s basically factions just without the goal of attacking each other and making impossible bases. You and a couple of your friends could basically make a town and you’d have to claim land and fulfill certain objectives. I haven’t actively played MC since about 1.7-1.9, so I don’t know how the plugin is now or even if it’s still being developed, but it was fun while it lasted & if you had friends too. I suppose this is something you guys would like to see if a MC server were to be created. Just throwing out a suggestion, I’d like to hear more from you guys as to how you think the best way to retain population and keep the worth of the server.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  820

Just curious that if this were to happen, what plugins would you guys want, and what could we do in order to keep interest in you playing?

I know some servers have like a balance, as in you can buy and sell things and have /balance... also a /baltop for competition...

• Content Count:  3287

There is nothing this community can make that you guys will play for more than 3 weeks. There are a lot of new members in our community, so I kind of expect these threads to pop up. MC has been tried for so long and with so many different combinations that I have lost count. The kind of server suggested in OP has been tried several times at least.

I suggest keeping it event servers only :)

So many attempts ;-;

• Content Count:  536

I love this idea. I love playing this game with a lot of people, but it won’t work, just as it has in the past. Doesn’t mean Minecraft has be gone, just keep it to events. Would also be cool if we had a month long Minecraft event as a realm, at its cheapest price, would support one month and may be a good place to start to see if something like this would work out overtime. A lasting MC server is implausible. It takes intense dedication to support and maintain a server and I feel you would almost need an entirely different community. Not one that hops between games, but wakes up and decides that they want to get on MC. Personally, if this was a thing, if I got tired of the servers, I would go to MC to just chill out. I feel there aren’t enough people who will purely dedicate all their time to this and it will fall alongside the path of all other attempts and other servers like DarkRP or ARK.

As Manny stated, How do you guys plan on maintaining a population?

• Content Count:  922

Adding on to this and as I think of this now, if we have any Minecraft related events we could be able to host our own games such as skywars, hunger games, or any mini game you could hplay ink of, you can download these maps and upload them. Also for plugins if we were to have this back @Cept For Her one important one would be world edit. If anything we can try a cheap host and try it out for a month and see how it goes with a plain survival server.

• Content Count:  5674

I just want to comment about how many times Minecraft has been tried out. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it's my opinion on the attempts.

I wasn't around for the first time, but I've been here for 2-3 tries at getting a server going. Each time the people "managing" the server seem to go in half-cocked and don't really go out of their way to engage with the community, get feedback and improve it. They've been sloppy, have been released before being fully fleshed out and seemed more like personal projects rather than community servers. There was no supervision and it was just "sponsored" in a way by the higher ups. Additionally, it's been gamemodes that can get boring very easily and don't offer many new things to do. Eventually if you play vanilla Minecraft for long enough you'll have done everything whereas with something like Factions, you get raided and have to start again.

I think putting it off because of it's multiple attempts is silly if you actually analyze the attempts and the effort. Minecraft is still a huge game and it could bring current members closer to the community or even start to reach beyond our current community if players invite more players.

• Content Count:  325

Just curious that if this were to happen, what plugins would you guys want, and what could we do in order to keep interest in you playing?

balance, gambling, shops, warps, koth, some events (trivia, wipeout, elytra race, parkour)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4798

I just want to comment about how many times Minecraft has been tried out. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it's my opinion on the attempts.

I wasn't around for the first time, but I've been here for 2-3 tries at getting a server going. Each time the people "managing" the server seem to go in half-cocked and don't really go out of their way to engage with the community, get feedback and improve it. They've been sloppy, have been released before being fully fleshed out and seemed more like personal projects rather than community servers. There was no supervision and it was just "sponsored" in a way by the higher ups. Additionally, it's been gamemodes that can get boring very easily and don't offer many new things to do. Eventually if you play vanilla Minecraft for long enough you'll have done everything whereas with something like Factions, you get raided and have to start again.

I think putting it off because of it's multiple attempts is silly if you actually analyze the attempts and the effort. Minecraft is still a huge game and it could bring current members closer to the community or even start to reach beyond our current community if players invite more players.

Now i want you guys to go for it.

• Like 1
Edited by SilentGuns
Not worth it. I am going to stay out of this.

Reply to Thread