? servers

? players online

Jump Rope

• Content Count:  3294

I’d say it’s not free killing, but doing something like this very risky. If there are less than 4 Ts survive then it can be punishable.

Yeah it would make no sense saying "setting it to the max speed immediately is freekilling". It most definitely isn't with how our current rules are worded. You guys can argue that it's not how it should be, but saying that's how it is already is just wrong.

It's now meta for CT's to immediately send all the T's to jump rope, put it on max speed without warning, and then either ending the round or doing LR's. I don't see this as something that should be allowed to slip through our rules. People are leaving because the round is over for them a minute and a half in. Playing jailbreak with certain regulars on CT side make the game more dull and repetitive. If this is the type of jailbreak server we want, we should keep this exception.

The rules clearly state:

• The map made death-game must give the Ts a chance to live.

• CTs cannot force a death-game when there are 4 or less Ts alive. CTs must, to the best of their ability, cease the death-game if it gets to this number.

Turning the speed of the death game to max does not give T's a chance to win, and interferes with the CT's ability to cease the death game.

This should not be allowed, PERIOD. @Dominic

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  5674

@TheZZL

I don't think you cited rules that really make your argument stronger. If any one person can survive max speed, then technically all the Ts have a chance to live, because it's possible to do so. It interfering with the CTs ability to cease the death-game isn't really a fact, it depends on the CT. If a CT can perfectly time when they need to cease the death-game and do so, then awesome. If they can't, there'll be punishment.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1654

It's now meta for CT's to immediately send all the T's to jump rope, put it on max speed without warning, and then either ending the round or doing LR's. I don't see this as something that should be allowed to slip through our rules. People are leaving because the round is over for them a minute and a half in.

@Dominic

• CTs cannot force a death-game before the clock hits 2:30.

? ? ?

Sooo no, the round isn't over a minute and a half in because that would be against the rules and since that isn't the rule being discussed it seems you're trying to over exaggerate this particular situation.

• Like 3

@TheZZL

I don't think you cited rules that really make your argument stronger. If any one person can survive max speed, then technically all the Ts have a chance to live, because it's possible to do so. It interfering with the CTs ability to cease the death-game isn't really a fact, it depends on the CT. If a CT can perfectly time when they need to cease the death-game and do so, then awesome. If they can't, there'll be punishment.

I've only seen this type of death game "succeed" twice throughout a whole map of this happening. Creating more chaos for admins to deal with while simultaneously trying to figure out who's responsible would only make an admin's job harder.

? ? ?

Sooo no, the round isn't over a minute and a half in because that would be against the rules and since that isn't the rule being discussed it seems you're trying to over exaggerate this particular situation.

I apologize for missing an extra minute. Players are still leaving, and I'm barely exaggerating as I am online while this has been happening. We had almost thirty players at the start of Undertale, and now we have 18. This could be because we voted for JB_August, but it's most likely not.

• Content Count:  1799

@Manny made an argument against what I had said here and honestly I understand the line of thinking when someone says this isn't allowed. I still disagree with it just because I don't personally view that as an interference but I'd be interested to see different arguments for or against allowing it.

Please discuss. :love:

To expand my thoughts further.

My argument was that a CT changing the speed of Jump Rope throughout was primarily going against this rule here:

• CTs must allow the map death-game to function as intended and must not interfere at all.

In my eyes, a CT that messes with the games speed is interfering with how the CT had first allowed the game to function. I believe some maps have Jump Rope progressively speed up over time, that's how the game is intended to play and since it's impossible for a CT to interfere we don't have to worry about that. However, on maps where Jump Rope speed can be changed, I feel like the CTs should choose how fast it starts and leave it as is. The game is functioning as intended, that is going around in a circle at a constant speed. Once a CT changes the speed though, then it would be considered interfering with the death-game since you are directly affecting the speed of the rope.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1987

I’d say it’s not free killing, but doing something like this very risky. If there are less than 4 Ts survive then it can be punishable.

They can’t make it 4 exactly all the time, people die at the same time. Only way for it to be punishable is if they keep it going.

• Content Count:  1654

In my eyes, a CT that messes with the games speed is interfering with how the CT had first allowed the game to function. I believe some maps have Jump Rope progressively speed up over time, that's how the game is intended to play and since it's impossible for a CT to interfere we don't have to worry about that. However, on maps where Jump Rope speed can be changed, I feel like the CTs should choose how fast it starts and leave it as is. The game is functioning as intended, that is going around in a circle at a constant speed. Once a CT changes the speed though, then it would be considered interfering with the death-game since you are directly affecting the speed of the rope.

Why not make it so that when a CT will change the difficulty/speed of a gamemode they must announce what they are changing before hand just like you have to announce when the gamemode will start?

• Content Count:  1920

It's now meta for CT's to immediately send all the T's to jump rope, put it on max speed without warning, and then either ending the round or doing LR's. I don't see this as something that should be allowed to slip through our rules. People are leaving because the round is over for them a minute and a half in. Playing jailbreak with certain regulars on CT side make the game more dull and repetitive. If this is the type of jailbreak server we want, we should keep this exception.

Okay, but this jump rope issue I have literally never seen before the last couple of days. This is just one of the few factors of why the new meta on JB creates a dull and repetitive environment. There are other factors in the new "meta" that create a dull and repetitive server such as bound chat orders becoming more and more common, CTs giving free days with restrictions to not make it fun or tricky to rebel, but almost as a pseudo-war-day just to farm kills. I feel like you're really exaggerating this issue acting as if this issue is killing the server on a regular basis and has been an issue for weeks/months when this is a FRESH issue that will most likely find a solution sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

I personally don't see this as interfering with the death game. The buttons were put there intentionally to change the speed at any given time. If it wasn't meant for that then it would not allow you to change the speed until the cycle on whatever the current speed is done or the stop button is pressed.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

However, on maps where Jump Rope speed can be changed, I feel like the CTs should choose how fast it starts and leave it as is. The game is functioning as intended, that is going around in a circle at a constant speed. Once a CT changes the speed though, then it would be considered interfering with the death-game since you are directly affecting the speed of the rope.

Whenever I play this on CT side, I gradually increase the speed while calling it out in order to further the death game. If a CT sets the speed to the lowest one, there's a high chance for no one to die for a straight 45 seconds.

Okay, but this jump rope issue I have literally never seen before the last couple of days. This is just one of the few factors of why the new meta on JB creates a dull and repetitive environment. There are other factors in the new "meta" that create a dull and repetitive server such as bound chat orders becoming more and more common, CTs giving free days with restrictions to not make it fun or tricky to rebel, but almost as a pseudo-war-day just to farm kills. I feel like you're really exaggerating this issue acting as if this issue is killing the server on a regular basis and has been an issue for weeks/months when this is a FRESH issue that will most likely find a solution sooner rather than later.

This new "meta" affected gameplay today, and is an issue that currently does not have a solution. It ruined gameplay for players today and is something that should be taken seriously before it becomes more common for CT's to do.

Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread