? servers

? players online

TTT version of !fk

• Content Count:  2342

More of the 2nd reason, knowing it's kind of a lazy thing to add, it's more or less the same as !fk in jailbreak. Just suggesting we can add it to TTT for comfort and help the admins in a way where it's easier to locate who did what instead of sometimes writing "@someone fk'ed me" or "@Detective fk'ed So and so" !calladmin is meant for offline admins. I obviously know you can do it while admins are online but most players are used to being told by admins to not use !calladmin when admins are online. Another reason for !rdm.

Fair. I feel like a fair compromise would be renaming !calladmin (where the command sounds like it's calling offline admins to come online) to something like !report so players don't hesitate to use the command.

I know there is no rule for using !calladmin while admins are online but admins enforce "Don't use calladmin when admins are online" Something that should be discussed and something that came into my mind when I made this thread. I'm not done explaining myself but this is mostly what I mean to say.

This is something that shouldn't be enforced. Abuse of !calladmin entails someone reporting for invalid reasons or using the command maliciously, not using !calladmin when an admin is online. The reason behind why this was not allowed in the past was because it would send a report to Discord even if an admin is online, resulting in two admins dealing with the same situation. Now that the plugin doesn't send a report to Discord if an admin is online, there is 0 point punishing players for using !calladmin when someone is online. I will bring this up again to the admins so it's crystal clear.

Thanks for the suggestion :).

• Like 1
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  1654

Ok so we went from !calladmin to !rdm to !report as compromise when the sole function of !calladmin is to bring an admin onto the server when there are no admins on the server.

You want a command for admins who are currently on the server to directly contact and tell them of your situation. This is literally Admin chat.

for whoever is new press your [Team Chat button] (your "U" key by default) then press [shift] and while holding that button press 2. after that you type "[name] rdmed me".

As absolute sarcastic as I was right there, I just do not see the reasoning for this entire debate

• Like 1
Edited by Greggy G

• Content Count:  1952

You want a command for admins who are currently on the server to directly contact and tell them of your situation. This is literally Admin chat.

for whoever is new press your [Team Chat button] then press [shift] and while holding that button press 2. after that you type [name] rdmed me.

As absolute sarcastic as I was right there, I just do not see the reasoning for this entire debate

Instead of writing a sentence everytime this happens like (again) "@Detective rdmed me and so and so" or "I got rdmed" just happens a lot. !rdm just makes it much easier for the player and admin when it says as a notification "SOSO has made a report on GOGO for RDM. Admin chat is for additional information as fantastic mentioned.

Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  2579

This seems fairly silly to suggest when considering the fact that admins are not supposed to investigate rdms that they did not witness themselves in the first place.

TTT's rdm is much more complex than JB's fk. This would not help anybody, but it'll help people type !rdm instead of explaining thoroughly why a player was in the wrong when killing them. I hope y'all got better arguments than practicability, because if you're only looking to save 2-3 seconds by making a command that does the job for you, this change will not happen.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  615

Yeah might wanna refresh the staff on !calladmin because people are warned every day by admins when using the (!calladmin) command with admins on the server

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

Huh? You can - I just did it. And you don't need to type a sentence. You only need to type a sentence if it's a custom reason, but there are pre-defined reasons that you just have to click. 1 button press to select a player, 1 button press to select a reason. A report gets sent to an admin in-game.

I meant we're not allowed to, mistype. Anytime you use !calladmin in-game you're told off by an admin because they're online. So obviously, that's not the use of !calladmin

• Like 1

• Content Count:  169

I'm sure this has been said before in this thread but calladmin isn't used when admins are on. And by that I mean admins tell players NOT to use it when they are on. Not sure if this is all admins, but calladmin also sends notifications to the discord, and in game for other servers, correct? So if we had a command that just notified in game admins, instead of admin chat (which is ignored some of the time) then it would be a good thing. In agreeance with nox on this one

edit-

This seems fairly silly to suggest when considering the fact that admins are not supposed to investigate rdms that they did not witness themselves in the first place.

TTT's rdm is much more complex than JB's fk. This would not help anybody, but it'll help people type !rdm instead of explaining thoroughly why a player was in the wrong when killing them. I hope y'all got better arguments than practicability, because if you're only looking to save 2-3 seconds by making a command that does the job for you, this change will not happen.

The first sentence hurts my fucking brain. The fact that it's not common practice to at least ASK what happened is ridiculous. There have been hundreds of occasions just in my 2 months of playing TTT where I've been completely ignored by admins, even when the rdm is clear. Sure, sometimes you don't know the whole story, and in that case nothing should be done. BUT you're saying admins don't have to care? The fuck? That's the dumbest admin policy I've ever heard of.

I meant we're not allowed to, mistype. Anytime you use !calladmin in-game you're told off by an admin because they're online. So obviously, that's not the use of !calladmin

You are allowed to. Using calladmin when an admin is online is not against our rules, and whoever says otherwise should refer to the admin guides :)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

You are allowed to. Using calladmin when an admin is online is not against our rules, and whoever says otherwise should refer to the admin guides :)

Yeah might wanna refresh the staff on !calladmin because people are warned every day by admins when using the (!calladmin) command with admins on the server

Not disagreeing with you anymore. Ever since I joined in October I've heard admins say that in-game all the time.

• Like 1

The first sentence hurts my fucking brain. The fact that it's not common practice to at least ASK what happened is ridiculous. There have been hundreds of occasions just in my 2 months of playing TTT where I've been completely ignored by admins, even when the rdm is clear. Sure, sometimes you don't know the whole story, and in that case nothing should be done. BUT you're saying admins don't have to care? The fuck? That's the dumbest admin policy I've ever heard of.

Alright buddy

Say it'd be in my responsibilities to investigate rdm. Cool, I'm out here "helpin" and "carin'" right?

I'd now have to either: assume what the plaintiff is 100% right, or play detective and get both sides of the story (assuming both are saying the truth!) and decide whether or not they're in the wrong, whether I should issue a punishment, etc.

Fantastic, let's get to down to business. There are approximately 20 minutes per map on TTT. Assuming you play 4 full rounds, your map is over. Say a reasonable 1 rdm/round happens, that's four case you have to solve per map. A case could easily take 3-4 minutes of your time, depending on if the plaintiff is cooperative, clear, if the suspect is cooperative, truthful, alive/dead, whether YOU (the admin) is alive or dead, etc.

Now, you're an admin, and you're dealing with an approximate 6-10 minutes of investigating per map. This excludes general admining aka: cases of rdm that aren't necessarily reported, micspammers, and all the other things you might need to take care of.

In a perfect scenario, you've now wasted half of your time dealing with other people's unclear, minor problems. Now, using Occam's razor, you can guess that the situation I presented is fucking bullshit and will not happen because as an admin, you'd have to assume every bit of the story. Nothing can be reported with 100% fidelity, usually feuds between players blow up and everyone's lying to admins to get shit going their way. It is completely unpractical for admins to investigate situations and to risk punishing innocent players because of lies/mistakes. I hope you have a great day.

If you ever get admin, you'll understand what I'm saying here. We have lives. We admin servers while playing them, we don't play to moderate.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread