? servers

? players online

(JB) CT Queue

• Content Count:  590

Not the point people on jb have brains they don't need a plugin baby sitting them when they want to play the game

They actually do, JB not being monitored by an admin is a shit show because the "no admins no rules" saying that goes around really does apply sometimes and when I was a member, I know that it does get bad some times. It could work, but the only problem I see with this plugin is that if the CTs are getting rolled and there aren't any admins on, the queue would lock it at a certain ratio even though the CTs are losing a ton. It could work, but it would take a ton of time to really perfect this plugin and if the JB team wants to go for it, I suppose they can.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

Not the point people on jb have brains they don't need a plugin baby sitting them when they want to play the game

I uh... hm. That's probably not a good mindset to have.

Anyway, I had some initial reservations around forcing ratio to be 1:2 as we have certain edge cases like razor where a CT-skewed 1:2 ratio would make more sense as the map is heavily T-sided. However, seeing as the initial suggestion was modified to enforce a 2:3 ratio at minimum, I think this plugin is a great idea considering we can catch the edge cases where it's clear the ratio is out of control no matter the map. Will push this to the team for more discussion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

My problem with this is when CT's are losing 1:8 on the scoreboard

My suggestion is to add onto this and make it so if they are losing like this, allow a few more CT's be able to join to help aid them.

I'm unsure if this would be possible. If it would be possible, it would require even more work than this plugin already would need. It's far easier to have the ratio at a static amount and not something that could be flexible based off of round results.

On top of that, most of the time, maps are 1:8 even with ratio more towards the favor of the CTs. Of the top 22 maps to ever be played on JB during the CS:GO era, MOST of them range between CTs winning between 20-30% of the rounds. The purpose of this plugin is to have the server be a tad more enjoyable when the admins aren't on so the ratio isn't near the region of 1:1, where the server becomes flat out unplayable.

Reference:

b666e4a4dec6e277de8496ad95a1c64d.png

Also, thank you @fantastic for pushing this, hopefully, we can see it on the server soon :smile1:

• Content Count:  1952

I see, yeah CT's wouldn't get much of a boost even based on round status but if CT's keep losing from 1:2 or 2:3 ratio, it's not really fun to be beaten that bad. Anyway to combat to keep it actually playable? Saw gentoo's suggestion for ct buff but I feel that's the same situation with fo and warden being hand and hand.

• Content Count:  53

Nah I feel like this is not needed admins can just switch cts if ratio is stacked plugin is unnecessary players have brains and can switch themselves this makes it a game of "I wanna play ct so imma join the queue first"

this, admins can manage it perfectly fine

• Content Count:  22

-devouch This has caused depopulation and lose of retention of players on multiple occasions on other servers. This is a very bad idea and CT ratio can be fixed with other plugins such as a plugin that auto switches a CT for ratio.

• Content Count:  2342

-devouch This has caused depopulation and lose of retention of players on multiple occasions on other servers. This is a very bad idea and CT ratio can be fixed with other plugins such as a plugin that auto switches a CT for ratio.

Can you go into why a CT queue would cause depopulation..?

• Like 1

Reply to Thread