? servers

? players online

Changing the names of our ranks

• Content Count:  3073

Sometimes these projects get backburnered a little bit during the holidays, they are probably still discussing this off and on in other channels.

(Former member of the board of directors)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

This entire project is pretty much completely finalized. However, if anyone has anymore ideas for a new name for the Internal Affairs rank, please put them here.

Thanks.

Internal Affairs makes sense to remain the same. It's our version of an HR Department and it's hard to think of something else that makes sense.

Otherwise, the only things I have to suggest are these small two changes. They're extremely nitpicky but I spotted them nonetheless.

Board of Directors -> Director

Media Team -> Designer

If the intent was to use singular syntax, it makes sense to drop the S's. I know this could have just been a typo when writing the thread, and it may have been made like this already, but if you want to make most of them singular, it makes sense to have them consistent. (That sounds really snarky, my apologies.)

• Content Count:  5674

The goal is for everything to make sense. That's why Board of Directors is being changed to Directors, because I am a Director and not a Board of Director. Internal Affairs doesn't make sense like every other rank will in the rework and we want to stay consistent. For example, Internal Affairs Officer is a suggestion that came up that makes sense.

Also yeah the plural / singular thing won't be a problem, it'll stay consistent.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1920

The goal is for everything to make sense. That's why Board of Directors is being changed to Directors, because I am a Director and not a Board of Director. Internal Affairs doesn't make sense like every other rank will in the rework and we want to stay consistent. For example, Internal Affairs Officer is a suggestion that came up that makes sense.

Also yeah the plural / singular thing won't be a problem, it'll stay consistent.

Should have clarified. I meant not changing the rank name away from "Internal Affairs". "Internal Affairs Officer" makes sense as that's the technical job position out there in the world.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1423

How about instead of having it Internal Affairs or Internal Affairs Officer how about Internal Investigator? Phoenix looks good but I believe it’s just to long.

Don't really have a suggestion of my own but 'Investigator' doesn't really work. IA isn't an investigator rank at all so that name wouldn't make sense.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1103

Should have clarified. I meant not changing the rank name away from "Internal Affairs". "Internal Affairs Officer" makes sense as that's the technical job position out there in the world.

Maybe different levels of Internal Affairs? Like Internal Affairs Officer, Internal Affairs Commander, etc. (idk I’m trying to throw ideas out there)

Reply to Thread