? servers

? players online

Skins Kos

• Content Count:  150

I was on someones alternate account just to screw around but from what I heard Gumline said the Purple dude is kos and someone said you can't base KOS of !store/!shop skins. we all couldn't talk so we typed it in chat. From what I know you can't do that and as stated by Andrew I've never heard an admin says it's okay. But, Gumline said the admin said it was okay and he continued to say "suck a dick." We all called him out for making that up unless it was a slip-up and was an honest mistake then that is fine 100% but other than that I'm 99.99% sure he made that up.

I'd like to know which admin is saying that because you absolutely CANNOT KoS OFF COSMETICS.

• Content Count:  3294

I'd like to know which admin is saying that because you absolutely CANNOT KoS OFF COSMETICS.

You can totally kill people off of cosmetics. If I see a red Lara Croft with a Minecraft head stab a CT in his back and then I see that same Lara Croft later, I'm putting a bullet in his brain. But, just like with anything else, if you're wrong and it was an identical Lara Croft that didn't kill that CT, you can be slayed. Calling a KOS on someone based on their model is probably not the best idea though, because if a CT follows up on it and you're wrong, you'd be the one getting punished for it. You should really only be calling a KOS with someone's actual name, if you wanna be smart about it.

I'm not sure if anyone thinks otherwise, but to the absolute best of my knowledge, there is no rule or FAQ regarding literally any of this. Telling someone they "can't" do something makes it sound like there's a rule against this. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here though.

@Infinityward answered this question in his post with links to the thread where this was previously discussed.

You can KOS off of models (AFIAK), as long as no one else who is innocent is harmed in the process. If you call a KOS on the "minecraft head", and another player who has done nothing wrong is also wearing a minecraft head and dies you are responsible for their death and subject to slay. The main idea is, if there's multiple people with the same model/cosmetic it's probably your best bet to not KOS off of their cosmetic in that situation. You also don't have to call the KOS out, you can just keep it in the back of your head that you know the red model with a chicken pet shot you (Or something like that).

and it gets out of hand to the point admins are having mixed responses.

This, in my opinion, is one of the biggest problems, if admins aren't on the same page then there's confusion (Like you said JMC).

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  150

Chad that's what I've also been told I'm confused. Someone starts making random rules on T side or CT side and it gets out of hand to the point admins are having mixed responses.

The thing is, it was never a 'random rule'. Not all rules were written down and KoSing off Cosmetics was never allowed. It's not written down in the TTT rules either but it doesn't make it any less of a rule.

• Content Count:  600

From what I've ever heard for TTT at least since no one ever clarified if this was JB or TTT kos off of a cosmetic is not allowed and I don't see why it isn't a written rule. We all know most people on TTT will kill the person he inno then not slay and say he was tbaiting or shot at them. There's no reason for you to call a kos off of skins in TTT.

• Content Count:  958

from what i know, kosing off cosmetics was never allowed on jb in the sense of “kos minecraft head” but as stated by multiple people before, if youre the only person with a red raccoon skin with an eyeball and no one else looks anything like that then i dont see why they wouldnt be allowed to kill you later on if they see you again. maybe dont kos the cosmetic itself but make a mental note of who it was so long as it’s unique enough to be easily identifiable. as previously stated, if you get it wrong thats on you and can be punished for it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  764

I think it is if you kos off, of a certain skin but I don't think you are allowed to kos of items Like Dom said like Minecraft head or Pylon. I believe people are saying you can kos off of the colour like if someone says "Kos purple guy" I don't know for sure but I believe this is what people are saying.

Fantastic thoughts?

• Content Count:  1952

I think it is if you kos off, of a certain skin but I don't think you are allowed to kos of items Like Dom said like Minecraft head or Pylon. I believe people are saying you can kos off of the colour like if someone says "Kos purple guy" I don't know for sure but I believe this is what people are saying.

What??? That makes no sense, certain skins are the same thing as items/cosmetics. The answer was already posted on page 1, why isn't this locked?

More or less my own opinion if you see someone distinguishable, you can kill them yourself, but if you see their name you can call the KOS, however if you don't you can't yell out a KOS on their skin or cosmetic because someone else could have it.

Answered in this thread. Skins cannot be changed mid round, so yes you can kill off skins, but be absolutely certain that the Terrorist you killed is the one who did the deed. AFAIK this is for JB only.

There has been so many responses I don't know which one is true bro. My opinion is you shouldn't be able to kos of skin

The ones posted by the CA's+.

• Like 1
Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  764

What??? That makes no sense, certain skins are the same thing as items/cosmetics. The answer was already posted on page 1, why isn't this locked?

More or less my own opinion if you see someone distinguishable, you can kill them yourself, but if you see their name you can call the KOS, however if you don't you can't yell out a KOS on their skin or cosmetic because someone else could have it.

There has been so many responses I don't know which one is true bro. My opinion is you shouldn't be able to kos of skin

Reply to Thread