? servers

? players online

Braces

• Content Count:  922

I've heard that the first three days are a living nightmare, but I've also heard that it hurts like hell whenever you have your wires tightened. How does the pain compare when you have your wires tightened to when you first get them on?

I have had my braces on for 2 years now, was supposed to get them off this or next month, but my progress got delayed. What they might do with you is put a thing in called spacers before braces, and those get shoved between your molars, and that hurts a lot. The first 3 days really aren't bad at all, at least they weren't for me lol. Getting your wires tightened doesn't really happen that much at the start, but about a quarter of the way or halfway through treatment. Each time you get them tightened, you'll have a bigger wire which can hurt some, along with rubber bands (those happen near the end). If you have a bad overbite they might put in a thing called a herps appliance that slides up and down, so try not to open your mouth wide or they'll pop out if you get these.

Tip when you get your braces on, chew slowly and use your front teeth, back of your mouth will be hard to use for a couple of days. Try to eat soups, smoothies, milkshakes or soft foods. Don't try to eat a steak or chicken for a couple of days.

Also enjoy your lisp for a week or two when you get them on lol

• Like 1
Edited by Polarzz

• Content Count:  409

I've heard that the first three days are a living nightmare, but I've also heard that it hurts like hell whenever you have your wires tightened. How does the pain compare when you have your wires tightened to when you first get them on?

I got mine tightened again on friday. The pain is certainly there(especially when eating). However the pain only sticks around for about a day or so. Getting them tightened is less like hell and more of a really annoying inconvenience.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  927

Don’t forget when you get them removed to where your retainer... you’ll regret not wearing it cause all that money to keep your teeth straight will go to waste

That's the smart answer, especially if your teeth really transformed with them. For me personally, my teeth only needed a little bit of straightening. I haven't worn my retainers in 4 years after getting my braces off but my teeth are still straight. If my dogs didn't keep chewing mine up, I'd probably still wear them.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  550

Ok. My first 3 days of braces I literally had to relearn how to eat. I had to eat soft foods like pancakes and bananas and attempted to eat some solid stuff but I couldn’t because my teeth were hurting and I didn’t know how to chew that well. I had braces for a LONG time. When I got my wires tightened it was like a redo of the first few days but a lot less extreme because I had my chewing down. One day they put this “connected” rubber band on my bottom row instead of normal bands and oh boy, I had to go back to eating soft foods for that day. It’s mostly just getting used to them, my only problem was my wire stabbed my gums a few times and one of my brackets fell off in the first week.

I lost my invisaligns and have to get braces again soon. pray for me cuz the orthodontist finna kill me

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1438

I used Invisalign, it was hard at first but it gets better and easier, if you are getting metal braces then good luck I never used them. But for invisalign it was quick easy and got my teeth looking hella straight. Remember to floss.

Can I ask what the process and pricing was like? I have a consult for invisalign next week and I have no idea what to expect

• Content Count:  437

Can I ask what the process and pricing was like? I have a consult for Invisalign next week and I have no idea what to expect

Yea for sure, the process in the beginning was really long and annoying, the dentist had to x-ray your mouth first to see where the teeth placements are and the things they put in your mouth (the L shaped thingy with the circle) mad me gag. Then came the polymer substance which they use to make the mold of your teeth and that was also extremely annoying because it made me gag too. They do it up and down, then that's it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21505[/ATTACH]

When the Invisalign comes, they put some other substance on your teeth and make you wear the aligners so that they can mold the dimple parts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21504[/ATTACH]

After that, just remember to wear them daily for at least 20 hours a day, switch them every two weeks, and it comes with cleaning salt and a case. (Your dentist should tell you everything once you go get them.)

As for pricing for everything I think I paid around $4,300 USD. For around 20 something pairs of aligners. After Invisalign is done you get night time retainers which you wear during the night to prevent your teeth from going back.

Hope this helps @Charliere, if you have any other questions or something doesnt make sense you can pm me on discord or forums. :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1253

LOL, braces? Imagine needing them, my teeth straightened themselves out lmao, sorry to hear and how unfortunate..... But actually, straight teeth, where do I begin, brush your teeth and keep your mouth clean and healthy, I liked to chew gum to make my teeth stronger and it really helped, I almost needed them but as long as you keep them healthy they wont degrade or bend or anything like that.

Edited by The Don

Reply to Thread