? servers

? players online

CT Buy Menu!

• Content Count:  568

Just giving out a suggestion here. What if for instance we added the credits as the same as the karma system in TTT were you get rewarded for killing a T but only just slightly such as like 25 credits or so and the shop is designed around that fact and you can only buy 1 or 2 or 3 of a item for your team in the whole round. As Creten had told me in game this may encourage freekilling but I believe that the admins will do there job well enough to enforce not freekilling so that this system may actually work and for those who mass freekill not just one little mistake here and there would be reset. I dunno just a thought.

• Content Count:  625

THIS IS HUGE, FINALLY AFTER 6 MONTHS of complaining and watching @Infinityward play ttt everyday instead of jb this is huge. BIG thOONks! maybe add a way CT can earn more points for the buy menu?

Possibly increasing the amount of credits based on the terrible ratio could be a way to help the disadvantaged CT side. Lets say if the ratio was 1:3 or worse CTs could get 600-700 credits, while if ratio was 1:4 or worse they could get up to 800 credits, giving them the opportunity to maximize their health (by being able to buy both healtshot and health boost) to compensate for the lack of teammates. @Infinityward thoughts?

Just giving out a suggestion here. What if for instance we added the credits as the same as the karma system in TTT were you get rewarded for killing a T but only just slightly such as like 25 credits or so and the shop is designed around that fact and you can only buy 1 or 2 or 3 of a item for your team in the whole round. As Creten had told me in game this may encourage freekilling but I believe that the admins will do there job well enough to enforce not freekilling so that this system may actually work and for those who mass freekill not just one little mistake here and there would be reset. I dunno just a thought.

The ctbuy system is very different from the karma system as it is to give an advantaged to the disadvantaged CT side. Giving a "reward" for killing Ts is definitely encouraging more kills and will stray from the type of jailbreak server the managers want. In my opinion, there should only be credit rewards if the CT side is at a disadvantage, such as the ratio (which I mentioned).

Edited by splayd

Possibly increasing the amount of credits based on the terrible ratio could be a way to help the disadvantaged CT side. Lets say if the ratio was 1:3 or worse CTs could get 600-700 credits, while if ratio was 1:4 or worse they could get up to 800 credits, giving them the opportunity to maximize their health (by being able to buy both healtshot and health boost) to compensate for the lack of teammates. @Infinityward thoughts?

Okay but then that depends on the player skill and game sense because lets say its a 1:3 ratio but the 3 CT's are Global with alot of game sense of JB then giving them more of a advantage against silver T's would make it harder for T's.

• Like 1

Okay but then that depends on the player skill and game sense because lets say its a 1:3 ratio but the 3 CT's are Global with alot of game sense of JB then giving them more of a advantage against silver T's would make it harder for T's.

We're talking about generally what happens and just because someone can aim does not mean they can play CT well, it is the combined knowledge and experience on CT that gives us an advantage over others, and there are a lot of newcomers playing CT so I don't think this will be much of an issue. There are also many factors that go into the outcome of the round, with aim, yes, as one of them, but there are others such as the teamwork of both sides, the knowledge of secrets/the map, etc. I don't think this will be much of a problem, there is basically no difference between a global getting swarmed vs a silver getting swarmed, 90% of the time the Ts win by sheer numbers.

• Content Count:  3294

This would require some sort of plugin that can determine whether the ratio is bad or not, and even the current CT-ratio-balance is sometimes bad in determining whether the ratio is good or not for a map. Like @Amazing said, some players are good so the ratio can be 1:3.

This will encourage freekilling and nazi orders, so isn't it better to not implement it? Admins are not on all the time, and even though you can create player complaints having an admin there to keep the peace is far more favorable.

• Like 2

We're talking about generally what happens and just because someone can aim does not mean they can play CT well, it is the combined knowledge and experience on CT that gives us an advantage over others, and there are a lot of newcomers playing CT so I don't think this will be much of an issue. There are also many factors that go into the outcome of the round, with aim, yes, as one of them, but there are others such as the teamwork of both sides, the knowledge of secrets/the map, etc. I don't think this will be much of a problem, there is basically no difference between a global getting swarmed vs a silver getting swarmed, 90% of the time the Ts win by sheer numbers.

Well here you said yourself that there are many factors that decide the outcome of the round and thats why giving them a boost in credits by ratio is a bad idea because there are a lot of things that add into the decision of how the game ends up playing so that one healthshot because of boosted credits can decide the outcome of a round or can be the reason that T's win the round because for example say a CT has a ak drops it and buys a AWP because of the extra credits then the T's have 2 weapons to rebel with rather than 1. Well that is of course if the ct dies.

Edited by Amazing
everyone doesnt need to know why I edited it :c

Well here you said yourself that there are many factors that decide the outcome of the round and thats why giving them a boost in credits by ratio is a bad idea because there are a lot of things that add into the decision of how the game ends up playing so that one healthshot because of boosted credits can decide the outcome of a round or can be the reason that T's win the round because for example say a CT has a ak drops it and buys a AWP because of the extra credits then the T's have 2 weapons to rebel with rather than 1. Well that is of course if the ct dies.

Buying a weapon from the menu just deletes the weapon I think.

On the other hand, you saying that boosted credits can decide the outcome of a round is correct, it gives a chance for CTs to win the round with extra perks as long as they use them correctly. The only reason I proposed boosted credits is to help the disadvantage on the CT side.

As you and ZZL have said, there are times when the CT side is so good that the ratio can be 1:3, but based on my experience on the server with lower populations you can see that the CT side is really disadvantaged if they don't have a carry. Giving them that extra boost or health can save them from being an endless point farm and actually give them a chance to win the round. I'm not sure how hard it would be to give a boost for disadvantaged ratio but I think it could really help as most of the time with a 1:3 ratio CTs can't handle the Ts at all.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.