? servers

? players online

Respecting the youngins...

• Content Count:  3294

6 hours ago, delirium said:

I help the youth by being an asshole to them so that we can give negative reinforcement when they're displaying undesirable actions.

If you're a normal chill kid I don't have a problem. If you're obnoxious you're gonna bullied until you stop.

While this can be effective, it's extremely hurtful. It's important for young people to know how to behave on the Internet in order to not make the space they're in uncomfortable or annoying for others, but sometimes people can take it way too far. Unfortunately, many adults on the Internet also take it too far which causes some kids to either get very hurt or make them put up their wall, ignoring any future advice they might receive. 

I recommend trying to be kind and helpful, it barely takes any effort and most of the time improves the quality of the relationship you'll have between that person. If you must be cruel try to also sprinkle in some advice/help so they can understand why you're being a prick.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5381

13 minutes ago, TheZZL said:

While this can be effective, it's extremely hurtful. It's important for young people to know how to behave on the Internet in order to not make the space they're in uncomfortable or annoying for others, but sometimes people can take it way too far. Unfortunately, many adults on the Internet also take it too far which causes some kids to either get very hurt or make them put up their wall, ignoring any future advice they might receive. 

I recommend trying to be kind and helpful, it barely takes any effort and most of the time improves the quality of the relationship you'll have between that person. If you must be cruel try to also sprinkle in some advice/help so they can understand why you're being a prick.

If someone comes and asks for honest advice, sure. I'm not out here actively trying to be friends with anyone not over 18 though. Being cruel isn't the goal but if someone feels that way maybe they should either A) take a look at what they're doing to receive those type of responses or B) privately address the situation and figure out why.

Speaking on myself personally; there are probably loads of people here who think I'm just an asshole, but, ask anyone who's really came to me with shit and they'll mostly tell you that I'm actually a decent person. I get that you'd like to position this response as positive and polite as possible but some kids really need that "shut the fuck up" treatment to understand and grow.

• Like 6
Edited by delirium

• Content Count:  569

I mean as the supreme target of dumbassery, deli helps a lot. This man single handedly tells me to shut the fuck up and speaks for everyone in the room.

+rep 

• Like 4
Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  1634

I started playing SG when I was an idiotic 14 year old. If I never got shit on I would probally still be the same annoying loser I used to be. I'm glad SG put me in my place lol

10 hours ago, delirium said:

If you're obnoxious you're gonna bullied until you stop.

this, this works wonders

• Like 3
Edited by Strayyz

• Content Count:  1654

3 minutes ago, Strayyz said:

I started playing SG when I was an idiotic 14 year old. If I never got shit on I would probally still be the same annoying loser I used to be. I'm glad SG put me in my place lol

We clearly didn't do a good job at it... 

• Like 10

• Content Count:  154

In all seriousness though I’m young and I don’t have that high of voice it’s not about being young and you shouldn’t really get annoyed at the person if they have a high pitched voice just mute them or something or if they’re screaming just tell them to shutup like any other person pretty simple.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread