? servers

? players online

Jailbreak hitbox bugs.

• Content Count:  193

So I have noticed with mainly jailbreak special sg skins they all seem to have a head hitbox problem. I know this mainly when I get pissed from someone so I go ct and do 99 hp warning shots. Only csgo offical models the warning shots work. While the sg models Its almost impossible to get a headshot waning shot on them. Also when I try to use a scout on cts but it only does the standard shot damage around 65 damage. Like this shit needs to be fixed.

• Content Count:  116

I don't think the issues with skins is terrible, they all do a pretty ok job at lining up with where the person's head is. This has been a thing for a while with the Minecraft head, but it doesn't really make too much of a difference for me. The hitbox is still there and working it just doesn't line up the same way as the real models since its obviously not the same shape and such. Also I'm no mapper or Modder or whatever, but I wouldn't think that player hitboxes could even be changed in the first place but I could be wrong.

• Content Count:  3294

13 minutes ago, Byte said:

The hitbox is still there and working it just doesn't line up the same way as the real models since its obviously not the same shape and such.

Any model added has a normal working hitbox, but if you have a skin, Pink Panther for example, that's thinner it'll have a thinner hitbox. We're looking to remove some of the older models and adding in new ones soon, but if there are actual issues with models doing the wrong amount of damage you should obviously report those (With names of the models please).

• Like 2

• Content Count:  157

28 minutes ago, Byte said:

Also I'm no mapper or Modder or whatever, but I wouldn't think that player hitboxes could even be changed in the first place but I could be wrong.

edit: so my previous info was technically wrong, I thought about what I said and was like that isn’t necessarily the case (basically a hit box is the area of which an object will be “taken as a hit” this means you could have a pencil and even though the size of it can be normal, you can change the hit box to be bigger than the pencil and basically wherever this hit box or area where it can be hit is located, is where that object in this case will take damage at, this is how a car can be the same size but let’s say the hit box is located at the tires or the window shield, this means no damage to the car would be done unless it is hit at the tires or the window shield. Without a hit box, the models that we have would practically be un-killable since the models rely on a “point of contact” for you to be able to take damage (point of contact is basically a point which something can touch or hit something and it would take in that effect/count that touch or hit to that object. Sorry if I made this confusing ;-;)

Edited by Nolaria
Different/better response

• Content Count:  2206

I'm almost positive that player models are just wrappings. I don't think that changes the hit box of a player at all. If you get a skin with a big giant head the heads hit box doesn't become this giant target it's still a regular sized hit box. @Darniaswould know more than me

• Content Count:  971

honestly i think this is a blessing in disguise cuz it should discourage clowns like you for giving warning shot head shots in the first place cuz of fear of missing and hitting someone else.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.