? servers

? players online

Normal VS Online  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather do normal school or online school?

• Normal

Normal VS Online

• Content Count:  1952

Although I would be for normal school over online because of my lack of organization, I've been able to keep up on most of my classes because it's much easier as the courses are condensed. It's definitely something new and I've been trying my best to actually pay attention and I can just say that it's really not that hard (if you're in high school) to stay on top of everything and especially with more free time I've given, I've been taking advantage of that doing more extracurriculars, preparing for the SAT for when I take it next year, and finding a potential person I am interested in :classic_biggrin:.

Been quite happy and a little stressed with my life recently so just learning to take things slow sometimes also helps.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1253

56 minutes ago, Yoddr said:

Are You High , Just play games when your teachers teaches about quantum dynamics (ONLINE SCHOOL RULESSS) I get to eat pizza and be fat 

Terrible mindset to have man... I would die to go back to normal, I hate not being able to see any of my friends, I especially don’t have a strong work ethic at all anymore. I’ve gotten way too lazy on my work and no matter how hard I try it doesn’t seem to get better. I personally want to clown on the dudes that chose online :). Also, 31 minutes for a test for me personally is quite hard seemingly as I’m pretty bad at math to begin with. I have a small job here and there but hopefully when I go back to normal I can get good grades to get a better job in the long term :/.

• Like 1
Edited by The Don

• Content Count:  482

14 minutes ago, delirium said:

Maybe for someone with no self discipline or without parental figures threatening to beat you for not paying attention. Most of you youngins won't really get it until you're working some shitty retail or manual labor position but you really should be trying your best to set yourself up for success in these formative years as it's the easiest time to do it. If some of y'all spent 25% of the time/effort on school as you did video games shit would be gravy. All about pushing yourself as a teen for a better life down the road.

All I do is pay attention(my parents are very strict to begin with) I should have rephrased that. I pay attention everyday online to my teacher, school work, and etc. My personal preference is going to school in person, because it helps me learn a lot and better in general. I’m already perusing a 100-150k per year career, please do not look at me as one of those kids who doesn’t give a shit about there grades in school and doesn’t care about there job down the line, that’s all I care about at this point. You think I wanna work in a grocery store or in a gas station for the rest of my life? Fuck that. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  764

Yo we have a test tommorow its the easiest thing ever XD

we have to spell these words right,

1.Accept

2.Audience

3.Ancient

4.Blown

5.Canyon

6.Ceiling

7.Combination

8. Concentration

9.Contagious

10. Coupon

Bruh im not in grade 3 XD

• Like 1
Edited by Che

• Content Count:  1030

I got my degree from an online program and loved it! It allowed me to work a full time job and pace myself. If I had a motivational day I could do a week's worth of stuff. If I woke up and wasn't feeling it, I could take a day off. Definitely different from scheduled out high school classes which are taken online, but I assume it has its perk?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

1 hour ago, delirium said:

Try building something new into your routine every few weeks to keep it from getting stale, most people learn better when they don't feel like they're doing the same things over and over.

I've been trying to do that but it's kind of hard to do when my routine is wake up, school, work, homework, repeat. It's becoming increasingly hard to find time to even breathe nowadays :|

• Content Count:  3150

I took a few online courses early in my college career, second semester freshman year IIRC, and I absolutely bombed them...so I can definitely get where some of you guys are coming from. I think the problem is a lot of you are looking at the wrong things here when it comes to what your education is actually built from and how a situation like this influences it. The problem here isn't online schooling vs in person schooling, its BAD online schooling from everything I'm reading and from the people I've talked to over the last ~2 months. There are a lot of teachers out there who were forced into doing this online schooling and basically scrambled to produce something, many of them never having taught an online class in their life. Online classes are not a bad thing if they're structured properly and subsequently taught by someone who knows what the fuck they're doing.

If you're in high school and you have an online course it probably sucks, and there isn't much you can do besides start to learn to teach yourself...good thing to learn to do anyways. Most high school classes are a joke and outside of maybe getting blindsided on a quiz or test (due to lack of information) you can get by pretty easily just learning the material yourself and ignoring your teacher who is struggling to adjust / use new technology. If you're in college it's a different story because most colleges nowadays should have a relatively solid online function that even a professor new to the whole online teaching shtick. Overall if you have a college professor who doesn't know what they're doing with online schooling you're definitely going to suffer, so if it becomes a constant problem you either have to find a new way through the material or you have to address the professor directly and tell them you're struggling with the way they're presenting the material.

I ended up finishing my last 3 semesters almost entirely online while I worked full time and it was incredible seeing the difference from when I started college to now several years later and a whole lot more college courses taken. I found myself not struggling at all and knowing much more about how I learned and how I needed to approach the information to succeed compared to just trying to follow the lead of the professor. At the end of the day it really comes down less to how you learn, and more how capable you are of learning and taking in information. If you have really pushed your mind and found proper ways to learn you will struggle less because you will be able to approach a problem from multiple angles and take the path best suited for you.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread