? servers

? players online

Admin App Voting Change

• Content Count:  3294

37 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

Could quickly explain why the change occured instead leaving only higher ups to vote.

You've just responded to a three page thread about the change you're talking about, please do a little bit of reading:

Not only do you have BOARD MEMBERS flat out telling you the reason why, there's discussion from said higher staff and regulars on this topic. Just...

tenor.gif?itemid=9502336

• Like 17
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  2694

I got a little confused. Let me clarify. This change is also taking place for Squad and Rust admin applications. If you are a Squad administrator, you can vote on Squad admin applications. If you are a Rust administrator, you can vote on Rust admin applications. CSGO Administrators cannot vote on Rust or Squad admin applications unless they are an administrator of either game. The same goes for Rust or Squad administrators. 

• Like 7

• Content Count:  2206

On 1/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, Gator said:

You don't have to worry about getting a future position anymore, so that won't be a problem.

What a crocodile amirite

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

It might be worth considering reverting or walking back on this change slightly more, the admins have limited exposure to these players because they cannot be there 24/7 and as it is in someone's best interest to behave around staff members (of course when they know they're around). This is something similar to when we had admin recommendations, and it was in the best interest of the community to remove them. 

People can act like they're a central authority because they've played the servers for a few months every time an admin isn't on or when they aren't aware an admin is on. Everything from telling people to slay for rules that don't exist, micspamming, and so on. I look at several apps where admins themselves are making some extremely faulty posts that honestly a couple of years ago I could see being BTFO'd and removed by a member of the board. The only reason I mention this is to highlight that admins are normally just regular people who want to help the community, and on the other hand you have people with a huge ego who want to back it up with some power- the goal is to prevent those people from causing issues or getting rank. The admins are just as prone to post something stupid or help brigade a friend, they just aren't likely to post some stupid spammy bullshit that needs to be removed. It is much better to have it open to the public or if you guys wanted to walk it back slightly to see how it goes, consider closing it off to regulars+.

Even then that change could be entirely questionable too, some people just don't use the forums and don't usually use any message boards at all.

If the community is going to allow people to apply for admin with what is a small requirement and filter through that, but draw the line at letting people post their opinions and experiences that seems like a mild contradiction. Of course there is a line somewhere that has to be drawn and it is hard to find it, which is why I am giving feedback. People are hesitant to say anything about this change, I've spoken to a lot of people on Discord who seem to think it's not worth saying anything because the board either won't change their mind on it ever or because it's too early. To me that level of apathy is an issue. There's plenty of players with a lot of activity that are receiving a small amount of replies, and that is a very easy way (in my opinion) to create a system that is giving BD's & Staff very anecdotal feedback prone to manipulation & abuse of the system.

I'm fully aware that the BD's aren't ignorant drooling NPC's that are going to read these threads and stamp them for approval. I'm also aware that once someone is made an admin it's not impossible that it will be removed, but the further the problem gets the worse off for everyone involved. This isn't to say SG is creating some trojan horse into the community with this system, but honestly to some level- if ignored, that could be true. There's definitely a blatant issue with not enough feedback or quality of feedback at hand. I think this has a chance to go too far, from what I heard it's being monitored but I wanted to offer some additional feedback.

If this gets reverted I'll never post on admin applications again I promise.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  5377

21 minutes ago, All Ts said:

It might be worth considering reverting or walking back on this change slightly more, the admins have limited exposure to these players because they cannot be there 24/7 and as it is in someone's best interest to behave around staff members (of course when they know they're around). This is something similar to when we had admin recommendations, and it was in the best interest of the community to remove them. 

People can act like they're a central authority because they've played the servers for a few months every time an admin isn't on or when they aren't aware an admin is on. Everything from telling people to slay for rules that don't exist, micspamming, and so on. I look at several apps where admins themselves are making some extremely faulty posts that honestly a couple of years ago I could see being BTFO'd and removed by a member of the board. The only reason I mention this is to highlight that admins are normally just regular people who want to help the community, and on the other hand you have people with a huge ego who want to back it up with some power- the goal is to prevent those people from causing issues or getting rank. The admins are just as prone to post something stupid or help brigade a friend, they just aren't likely to post some stupid spammy bullshit that needs to be removed. It is much better to have it open to the public or if you guys wanted to walk it back slightly to see how it goes, consider closing it off to regulars+.

Even then that change could be entirely questionable too, some people just don't use the forums and don't usually use any message boards at all.

If the community is going to allow people to apply for admin with what is a small requirement and filter through that, but draw the line at letting people post their opinions and experiences that seems like a mild contradiction. Of course there is a line somewhere that has to be drawn and it is hard to find it, which is why I am giving feedback. People are hesitant to say anything about this change, I've spoken to a lot of people on Discord who seem to think it's not worth saying anything because the board either won't change their mind on it ever or because it's too early. To me that level of apathy is an issue. There's plenty of players with a lot of activity that are receiving a small amount of replies, and that is a very easy way (in my opinion) to create a system that is giving BD's & Staff very anecdotal feedback prone to manipulation & abuse of the system.

I'm fully aware that the BD's aren't ignorant drooling NPC's that are going to read these threads and stamp them for approval. I'm also aware that once someone is made an admin it's not impossible that it will be removed, but the further the problem gets the worse off for everyone involved. This isn't to say SG is creating some trojan horse into the community with this system, but honestly to some level- if ignored, that could be true. There's definitely a blatant issue with not enough feedback or quality of feedback at hand. I think this has a chance to go too far, from what I heard it's being monitored but I wanted to offer some additional feedback.

If this gets reverted I'll never post on admin applications again I promise.

Also agree. Players act differently when staff is around. Of course people can always PM staff issues they have with players but I think it would be more transparent to roll back these changes or find some sort of middle ground. A lot of the same things non-admins were getting criticized for posting is still getting posted by some of the contributers currently.

• Like 9

Reply to Thread