? servers

? players online

Admin App Voting Change

• Content Count:  922

14 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

Only CAs and SMs really? Most of them rarely go the servers and are too busy anyway let alone acknowledge good amount of regulars long enough to even give input of their decision of the few times they prob met the person. I understand there are people that support their friends wo reason and know thats an issue but doing this will make it more time consuming and even more harder for both the voters and the people that apply already. Why so restricted for all other staff to not allowed to vote?

ec1cb4c8368f601f3bf9b34d52dcd33967-10-sk

would it kill you to read before posting?

• Like 8

• Content Count:  903

13 hours ago, Starlegendgod said:

Only CAs and SMs really? Most of them rarely go the servers and are too busy anyway let alone acknowledge good amount of regulars long enough to even give input of their decision of the few times they prob met the person. I understand there are people that support their friends wo reason and know thats an issue but doing this will make it more time consuming and even more harder for both the voters and the people that apply already. Why so restricted for all other staff to not allowed to vote?

This change is pretty much quality assurance to make sure the right people are getting let up the ranks.

If you want to have your opinion known then tell a voter and they'll use that information for when they give their vote.

We are not as inactive as you may think, we are all still very close to our respective servers & the playerbase.

If someone is a quality applicant then we will recognize that waay before they apply.

Other staff are free too voice their opinions in pm's on the Forums or dm's on Discord but the higher rank you are, in most cases the more you opinion means due to responsibilities and the effort put forth to get to the higher-up ranks.

So higher ranks have higher standards and aren't going to support someone when they clearly aren't a good fit. (If you read my first post I go into this more.)

• Like 2
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  1009

On 1/10/2021 at 4:10 PM, Gator said:

Why would they? Team Managers don't have authority in our admin structure. To quote another Board member from when we were discussing this, "it's like the supervisor of the bakery department determining the inventory for the meat department".

A bit late to the party here, but we'll work with this quote of "it's like the supervisor of the bakery department determining the inventory for the meat department".

I think it's fair to say that both of these departments work for the same company. So one of the employees decides to work on both departments. Why couldn't the superintendent of the bakery department put a good word in for a hard working employee? Ultimately it isn't his decision but I think it can be a deciding factor close cases.

• Content Count:  633

This obviously adds a lot more weight to the vote as it's hard to judge an applicant being recommended by those who don't really know what it takes, though this drastically reduces the pool of those allowed to vote and it may be harder to judge an admin application based on the opinions of a select few. One bad interaction with a higher staff member could be the downfall of a possible great admin. I think this should be expanded to allow Senior Administrators as they have settled into their role and now have enough under their belt to gauge the applicant's admin capability. I feel it is more common to interact with a Senior Administrator than a CA or SM which gives the player significantly more chances to make an impression and won't affect their chances as much if their interaction with the higher up is deemed unpleasant.

• Content Count:  211

I honestly thought the old requirements of 100 posts back in the days wasn't that bad. Why not just reduce it to around 50 or 75 with playtime requirement, it'll weed out the idiots and obvious shit posters. It's also enough time for the staff to figure out whether or not the applicant could handle being an SA. I was always against this 10 post requirement bullshit because its a joke. You'll get a wide range of players wanting to apply and its just added work for the staff. If you truly care about the community/server fucking 50 or 75 posts and playtime should be absolutely nothing.  I'd rather have a understaffed competent run server over a bunch of non qualified idiots who can't diffuse a simple argument or constantly make bias decision within their cliques of friends. Its so crazy how far gone the idea of what being an SA is, its not to have fun at the expense of other players nor is it a title for you to feel like your a cut above the rest. I'm not gonna point names or put people on blast ,but its so obvious how unqualified the recent amount of admins have been. Over the years SG has restricted the current role of SA and its obvious why. Its a select few admins that should've never gotten to be admin to begin with. I personally believe some kind of change was always needed with these admin applications because it was gonna be inevitable that this post would come up. I'm just surprised it took this fricking long.....

• Like 16

• Content Count:  2694

Hello everyone. After some further discussion, the Board has decided to allow CS:GO Server Administrators vote on admin applications. We are going to have the Community Advisors work alongside the server admins in order to get well written responses. Admin applications and votes will remain public.

• Like 17

• Content Count:  262

1 hour ago, John said:

Hello everyone. After some further discussion, the Board has decided to allow CS:GO Server Administrators vote on admin applications. We are going to have the Community Advisors work alongside the server admins in order to get well written responses. Admin applications and votes will remain public.

When will this plan be put into action or is that unknown at this point in time?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

I'm only leaving my input here because I've seen it go from stafff to public so many times. By next year or a year after that it will go back. Also your admin app voting is a huge point of engagement for the forums. You get shitty responses a lot because the bar for responses has continuously been  dropped over the years IMO. Up to yall but thats just my opinion as someone who has seen every single version of the admin app voting process.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread