? servers

? players online

Chat rules for lr

• Content Count:  562

I don't know how many times I have seen someone not see a rules for a lr in chat like first shot in a shot4shot or how impossible it is to give chat rules in gun toss. So many times have i seen a ct just blow someone's brains out because they haven't seen the rules of that lr because of how the lr system works and it definitely get lost in the chat. At this point some Terrorists use it as a strategy to get the CT to cheat the lr and slay the very next round. This is why i think it would be necessary for verbal rules instead of text rules because of the chat spam that usually happens during a lr requests. This isn't a major change for the rules but it would definitely eliminate such a loop hole for T's to abuse further.

Thanks for Reading have a nice day!

• Like 2
Edited by Dom

• Content Count:  107

Well, yes. Removing text rules would be 10 times easier for the CTs because when it's LR time the Ts tend to spam chat so the CTs won't be able the see the rules. I don't agree with removing gun toss rules in chat, because people with no mic won't be able to play gun toss which is a big part of the JB community. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  198

Wouldn't this completely take away Gun Toss and Shot4Shot for people who don't use/have mics?  I understand it's not that big of a deal but Shot4Shot and Gun Toss are pretty much the most popular LR modes in jb.

5 minutes ago, Fl1ck said:

I don't agree with removing gun toss rules in chat, because people with no mic won't be able to play gun toss which is a big part of the JB community. 

agreed but then again I haven't got a gun toss request in 2 weeks and then the rules would be default rules but whether the T goes or CT goes is up top the CT at that point so really dont see a problem with removing them 

Quoting snoopy aka Poopy Heads post it glitched
Wouldn't this completely take away Gun Toss and Shot4Shot for people who don't use/have mics?  I understand it's not that big of a deal but Shot4Shot and Gun Toss are pretty much the most popular LR modes in jb.

This wouldn't take away from shot4shot or guntoss like I explained in the post above the only thing it would take away from people that don't talk is the first shot ability and possibly the rule to spam. As well as they can still make rules but it would be the cts choice to follow them or not if they were created in chat. Also isn't jailbreak focusing on trying new things as well then this would increase noscope and knife battles which imo are the most fun

Edited by dolo

• Content Count:  905

I rly don’t see a big issue here when lr is activated there’s only 4 people who can lr so not much spam is created because of this. It’s pretty easy to see the ts rules and the fact your suppose to say them before you lr meaning before the spam is generated the rules should be there for CT’s to read easily. Also I think this rule would make gun toss unplayable for mutes lol because u still have to say where to go. Also shot for shot can be played without talking. You can live without your first shot.

• Like 3
Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  248

I don't see much of a problem here, whenever a CT accepts an LR, they should read up in chat to see if the T states any rules. Putting LR rules in chat leads to less conflicts because you can see if the T said it before or after the LR started, while in voice chat, it is harder to tell when they said it or even if they said it. 

Changing the rules to make chat LR rules invalid won't do us any good. A lot of the times when the T says "First shot" in voice chat, it is easy to miss, especially if the T says it fast.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

Eliminating chat rules for LR cuts off a good portion of the T playerbase who either doesn't have a mic or chooses not to use it. Sometimes when I'm playing T I don't want to use my mic, and not allowing chat rules is going to cause a lot of problems when players who want to LR but don't have/want to use a mic can't do so anymore. This would also cause more problems than just this: the purpose of having LRs in the first place is to get the round over with quicker so those who have died don't have to wait as long to get into the next round. If you eliminate chat rules, a T then has the option to refuse to LR, because they want to play their way. Then what happens? The round gets dragged out for however long that T wants to just sit there and obey orders, which contradicts the purpose of LRs. Want to put in a rule where if you don't have a mic you have to just LR regularly? That's going to cause people to leave.

A good CT should be attentive to both what's being said over VC and what's in the chat. However, I do understand that there are a lot of not-so-good CTs out there. While having a system such as chat rules might result in some miscommunications once in a while, setting up an entirely new rule for this isn't worth the time and effort it will take to integrate it, and it's a minor issue; there are always bigger fish to fry for the management team.

If you're a T who wants to give chat rules in an LR, your best bet is to make sure that the CT you send a request to understands your rules. Put them in the chat before you even send a request, make sure that they are clear on what the rules are. If Ts are exploiting this to make CTs slay or get freedays, well that's simply against the rules, under the giant bold "no exploits" rule. A new rule is not necessary.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Benzene said:

If you eliminate chat rules, a T then has the option to refuse to LR, because they want to play their way. Then what happens? The round gets dragged out for however long that T wants

easily fixed by saying "All T's lr by (a certain time)" this is usually said anyways

50 minutes ago, Benzene said:

If Ts are exploiting this to make CTs slay or get freedays, well that's simply against the rules, under the giant bold "no exploits" rule. A new rule is not necessary.

This isn't exploiting a rule when a CT cheats the lr and kills them and has to slay they are not breaking a rule I merely said the are abusing the ability to use chat as rules so that the ct slays for cheating lr and free killing

1 hour ago, Easterpink said:

whenever a CT accepts an LR, they should read up in chat to see if the T states any rules. Putting LR rules in chat leads to less conflicts because you can see if the T said it before or after the LR started, while in voice chat, it is harder to tell when they said it or even if they said it.

I totally disagree with your statement I think many people a overwhelming amount of people prefer voice over chat for lr rules because you know who said it and if they actually said it or not. Its a pain in the ass to scroll up half way up the chat to say if they say first shot while you get knifed in the back because your frozen not moving.

2 hours ago, BloodBlades said:

It’s pretty easy to see the ts rules and the fact your suppose to say them before you lr meaning before the spam is generated the rules should be there for CT’s to read easily.

its isn't when 8 messages and different rules from other people are in the chat and combined more messages since the rules are before those two messges that says they have sent a lr and that they have denied / accepted the lr block the way of the rules and are not seen.

make gun toss unplayable for mutes lol because u still have to say where to go

I also thought of this and a easy solution is to just tell the ct where you want it in chat if that ct denies where it will be since it is at their discretion and a ct can pick a spot if needed you don't need to cry over not being able to pick pool catwalk as your spot of choice

You can live without your first shot.

not the argument it is the confusion that it brings along because of the spam of lr messages being followed which if a enemy is standing still in a shot4shot your csgo instinct is to shot right away not being able to see the rules because you cant hear it and its no longer in your messages because of the spam that the lr messages create

• Content Count:  905

20 minutes ago, dolo said:

not the argument it is the confusion that it brings along because of the spam of lr messages being followed which if a enemy is standing still in a shot4shot your csgo instinct is to shot right away not being able to see the rules because you cant hear it and its no longer in your messages because of the spam that the lr messages create

One of the only places I agreed with you was shot for shot .. Thats why I said it dosent matter if you have first shot or not. 

21 minutes ago, dolo said:

its isn't when 8 messages and different rules from other people are in the chat and combined more messages since the rules are before those two messges that says they have sent a lr and that they have denied / accepted the lr block the way of the rules and are not seen.

maybe its just me but its pretty easy to see if someone said something in chat even if its covered by spam a second later you can just open up chat and read what they said before an  lr starts. 

I think your getting with spam as if someone just does !lr every second and spam lrs people which is considered spam and can be punished by admins for. just a quick !calladmin or message in admin chat should get the attention of an admin to stop the spammer. But the majority of players dont do this so most of the time chat wont be flooded and would be very easy to read. 

Reply to Thread