? servers

? players online

Full In-School...

• Content Count:  1633

7 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

You literally just got 200 IQed by a brainlet. You don't need anyone to agree with you when you openly admit to being selfish. You're trying to prove someone wrong who's already admitted to being wrong and doesn't care.

Based and chadpilled @lyn :pepega:

Aw shucks

• Content Count:  284

25 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

difficult for many to stay focused

As of reading this during class i went to grab a slice of pie because I was bored 

this statement hits hard

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1103

4 hours ago, John said:

I have a brother in elementary school and a brother in high school and our school district is going back to school in April. My mom is keeping them home because she doesn't want to risk it. Doesn't make sense to me that we should open the schools back up just because the cases are decreasing. Send them back and then what? Watch the cases go back up? lol. It's projected that a majority of the country will be vaccinated by August or September. I don't think we should risk sending people back to school for the ~2 months left in the school year. There is an option to remain entirely virtual here though.

If virtual has been working, stay with it until next school year because it’s working and it would be too much of a hassle to go in person this year. What my school has been doing is properly socially distancing and requiring masks. We haven’t had to shut down yet and for the most part barely anyone has gotten COVID, the ones who did were mostly people who do athletics. It’s totally probable for everyone in the US to go back to school in person in the current COVID climate, the only question is are people going to listen to wearing masks and socially distance at school?

Edited by Error.
Oh shit I dropped into a heated thread

• Content Count:  1051

2 hours ago, Kieran said:

How not to get anyone to agree with what you're saying 101.

You getting sick ultimately brings consequences for other people. Just because you're low risk doesn't mean the people you'll come in contact with aren't, hence why these precautions are necessary until vaccinations are widely available. This isn't a matter to be selfish about. Downplaying the entire virus to a sneeze is a bit of a lame take too.

I still abide by the rules, wear a mask, 6 feet, yada yada.

I just respect the fact that I dont feel abandoned at home

• Content Count:  1920

2 hours ago, lyn said:

As for others, they can worry and yada yada, but I'm thinking selfishly and about myself.

After COVID is basically gone, we will head back to school, college, or jobs without masks like normal. And I wanna be ready for that instead of pissing my pants about a sneeze.

1) You are completely part of the problem. People with your mindset are the reason we are still so far deep into this shit 12 months in. Learn to think for others and not be an asshole who disregards the safety of others. I'm really not someone who has any right to preach morals with the stuff I have said in the past, but holding the argument of only caring about yourself in a time like this really shows how dull and socially inconsiderate people are. 

2) There will be no return to what normal was before this pandemic. Society is irrevocably changed for better or for worse by this. But, I understand the point you're going for. Let's hope that time comes soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Like 1
Edited by phoenix_
grammar because phone

• Content Count:  5381

33 minutes ago, phoenix_ said:

1) You are completely part of the problem. People with your mindset are the reason we are still so far deep into this shit 12 months in. Learn to think for others and not be an asshole who disregards the safety of others. I'm really not someone who has any right to preach morals with the stuff I have said in the past, but holding the argument of only caring about yourself in a time like this really shows how dull and socially inconsiderate people are. 

2) There will be no return to what normal was before this pandemic. Society is irrevocably changed for better or for worse by this. But, I understand the point you're going for. Let's hope that time comes soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The main issue is that the US never went into the type of lockdown necessary to facilitate the defeat (relative) of COVID I understand feeling frustrated with individuals who you and the majority of society have condemned at this point but in reality the individual is not the issue here. It is how our government handled and has continued to handle the response. Look at countries like New Zealand where they're able to go out on the weekend and have fun at concerts and bars and whatnot all because their government took the responsible and swift action necessary to defeat a public health risk as quickly as possible, as opposed to the USA, where COVID response was heavily politicized (and is continuing to be more of a political issue than a health issue) and thus suffered from inaction and allowed all of these morons to start forming opinions like masks are only a thing to take away our freedom (not to mention statistics being manipulated and withheld (looking at you florida.)) 

As for a return to normal: I believe you're correct in this aspect but not in the way you think. I think a return to normal is infeasible due to the political climate rather than the virus as evidenced by CPAC over the weekend. It's crazy to me that people can sit and listen to the current republican party and not realize how absolutely batshit insane their figureheads sound and act. At least the democrats try and sound normal and logical when they're feeding us bullshit instead of whatever the fuck the republicans are doing at the moment.

Before anyone jumps on me for implied biases I typically fall under social libertarian on most applicable political compasses I've tried within the last 10 years and the republican party =/= all conservatives.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1051

1 hour ago, phoenix_ said:

As I had stated before, I follow and abide by the rules and whatever, but if im not required to wear something somewhere, then I wont. If I am not near people, I cant harm them right? I cant infect someone with something I dont have.

People who are overly scared are so embarrassing to me. Its like you want me to wear a mask in my car and inside my fucking house. 

People need to genuinely take a chill pill but I guess not.

Reply to Thread