? servers

? players online

NYC Trip

• Content Count:  5381

11 minutes ago, dafty said:

Every single person I know including my friends and even a few of my teachers who have gone to NYC got robbed one way or another. Either pick pocketed, their car window smashed in, mugged, or in the more bleek cases, my teacher took a picture with a dude dressed up as Batman with his 8 year old son, then Batman held his phone hostage until he paid the dude 28 bucks for the picture.

My best advice is to be as cautious as possible no matter where you are and if you've got a kid with you, don't take pictures with any random "celebrities" or super heroes or whatever, shits a total scam.

Tourist traps in one of the most visited cities in the world... Who would have thought?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  6759

Food:

• Wafels & Dinges - Look it up and try it from any truck/cart/stand you can find nearby you
  • Murray's Bagels 
  • Halal cart food - I can't really recommend one that comes off the top of my head because idk where you'll be, but imo the one with the biggest crowd that often has lines are the ones you'll end up liking the most. The Halal Guys is famous but I personally don't really care for their version. I ate the once at the cart outside LAGCC in Queens and I just didn't find it delicious.
  • Mamoun's Falafel in SoHo is a must
  • Gelato from Eataly - Flatiron Disctrict
  • Katz's Deli 
  • Little Italy - I haven't been here in years but usually you'll find some banger restaurants and bakeries here for Italian dining
  • K-Town - for K-BBQ and other restaurants

Locations:

• Brooklyn Bridge - walk across if you're up for it or go under it to the Brooklyn Bridge Park
    • Friend told me there's a famous ice cream place that makes damn good ice cream in the area but I never got to try it. It's called Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
  • Rockefeller Center
    • Personally like to go during Xmas every year for the tree but it's still nice during this time of the year
    • You can also go to the Lego store there
    • Lots of big stores around on 5th Ave if you walk the area
  • Times Square 
    • I mean it's probably overrated as fuck by now but I used to go in the area for laser appointments, so walking by every month was still fun. Plenty of hidden gem restaurants I'm sure. 
    • Madame Tussauds in Times Square - never went so idk how it is. You can see a few wax figures at the entrance though.
    • M&Ms world if you're craving a sweet tooth
  • MET & MoMA - if you like museums
    • Tip: Go to the counter and give $1 and you get entry. Don't fall for the prices on the board. Those are just suggested donations prices.
  • The Vessel
    • Idk if it's open yet but I need to go there someday so I would go if I had the time
  • World Trade Center
    • Mainly just for the shops and atmosphere if you wanna walk around Oculus & Brookfield Place. The atrium design is S I C K
    • Visit the 9/11 Memorial there too
    • There was an Avengers VR booth 2 years ago when I was headed to JFK for my flight but idk if its there in the Oculus anymore :(
  • Central Park

I would add more to the list but I think I said enough lmao. There's plenty to do in NYC but it all depends if they're open or not due to corona

• Like 6

• Content Count:  5381

19 minutes ago, Black Rain said:
  • Words

Can you not ruin @John and I's business. Smh tryna get the man paid and you come on here and leave a fat ass Yelp review with a bunch of locations that he could pay john to take him to instead of getting it for free here 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  468

nPoisb9.jpg

If you’re ever coming to nyc , I highly recommend coming to the Bronx. This is the most friendly part of New York , beautiful views, great beaches, Port Horris is a hidden gem of a place. And the food? Don’t get me started 😩

• Like 8

• Content Count:  200

10 minutes ago, thuxys said:

nPoisb9.jpg

If you’re ever coming to nyc , I highly recommend coming to the Bronx. This is the most friendly part of New York , beautiful views, great beaches, Port Horris is a hidden gem of a place. And the food? Don’t get me started 😩

cf9ddbeb8811cc4ebcc8b0a1340ffd7a.png

• Content Count:  1984

Man if you act like a tourist ofc youre gonna get pick pocketed lmao

The High Line is a nice free place for pictures and strolls and it leads right to the Whitney Museum or the Hudson Yards at the other end with the big shawarma Vessel building. 

The MET is such nice place to visit, they have so much artwork and exhibitions it would take forever to visit everything. The Astor Chinese Garden Court in the MET is super pretty and you should sit down there to rest if you're tired. If you walk up a couple blocks, The Cooper Hewitt smithsonian design museum is one of my favorite museums. I don't know how they're operating with covid but a lot of things there are interactive and they have cool design collections.

If you're willing to take a bit of a train ride, The MET also has The MET Cloisters all the way up in Manhattan. Its such a cool place with medieval art and its a beautiful place to sit around. 

If you're visiting around now, Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a nice place to visit and I think the cherry blossoms rn are in bloom so thats gonna be pretty. Might be a bit crowded tho. Wednesdays are free entrance.

Downtown for me is the only place I'd stay to eat in manhattan. If you want some quick cheap eats, pls visit Chinatown and support the small businesses there. The community has been working hard to revitalize Chinatown after covid screwed a lot of the businesses. My favorite restaurant there is Spicy Village, its a small place and might be a wait time but the food is so good.

East Village also has a lot of good restaurants around. I'll update with a list of restaurants l8r

• Like 3
Edited by euro

• Content Count:  437

2 hours ago, Black Rain said:

Locations:

• Brooklyn Bridge - walk across if you're up for it or go under it to the Brooklyn Bridge Park
    • Friend told me there's a famous ice cream place that makes damn good ice cream in the area but I never got to try it. It's called Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
  • Rockefeller Center
    • Personally like to go during Xmas every year for the tree but it's still nice during this time of the year
    • You can also go to the Lego store there
    • Lots of big stores around on 5th Ave if you walk the area
  • Times Square 
    • I mean it's probably overrated as fuck by now but I used to go in the area for laser appointments, so walking by every month was still fun. Plenty of hidden gem restaurants I'm sure. 
    • Madame Tussauds in Times Square - never went so idk how it is. You can see a few wax figures at the entrance though.
    • M&Ms world if you're craving a sweet tooth
  • MET & MoMA - if you like museums
    • Tip: Go to the counter and give $1 and you get entry. Don't fall for the prices on the board. Those are just suggested donations prices.
  • The Vessel
    • Idk if it's open yet but I need to go there someday so I would go if I had the time
  • World Trade Center
    • Mainly just for the shops and atmosphere if you wanna walk around Oculus & Brookfield Place. The atrium design is S I C K
    • Visit the 9/11 Memorial there too
    • There was an Avengers VR booth 2 years ago when I was headed to JFK for my flight but idk if its there in the Oculus anymore :(
  • Central Park

I would add more to the list but I think I said enough lmao. There's plenty to do in NYC but it all depends if they're open or not due to corona

spacer.png

• Like 3

• Content Count:  577

Montclair is a beautiful place and spent 10 years of my life there. If you ever find yourself to the west check out the amazing parks they have there. Lots of old people and their grandchildren. Hit up Eppes Essen for my all time favorite Jewish deli. Of course if you are only visiting the city disregard everything I said. You'll miss out on a lot of cool stuff though :classic_wink:

22528fe393e39c88f45a74c4a6e9b08e.png 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread