? servers

? players online

what happened to the SCPSL server?

• Content Count:  1161

We had an MGT a couple months back that @Acer hosted and it did pretty good. We had an SCP server at one point but I don’t think we’re looking to bring it back as of right now.

• Like 3
Edited by gween

• Content Count:  1009

2 minutes ago, gween said:

I’m not sure if we ever had an official SCP server, but I don’t think we’re looking to make a full time one as of right now.

We used to have one with Extreme running it back in early 2019, but the population was always at a constant 0. This was a long time ago but I don't think SCP has gone up in popularity since.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  560

1 hour ago, Poke said:

This was a long time ago but I don't think SCP has gone up in popularity since.

i could be wrong here but im pretty sure SCPSL has gained over a thousand maybe 2 thousand daily players since 2019 (i know that sounds small but for SCPSL thats almost double the average player count from back in 2019) i know that doesnt mean it makes it worth bringing the server back but in my opinion its good food for thought 

• Like 1
Edited by carrollton

• Content Count:  793

Yeah SCPSL has been going crazy recently and really hitting mainstream. As @gween said before the MGT we did, did really well. Most likely we'll be seeing another SCPSL MGT/Event in the future but I don't think it will become a server anytime soon. Then again who knows :).

Do keep an eye out though especially when ever the next big SCPSL update comes out ;)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1633

I played a lot of SCP:SL this year and there are quite a few full servers and a decent playerbase. It's a super social game and people get hooked pretty quick. Great for events imo, relaunching the server and establishing a server playerbase might be a bit too hard though.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  560

17 minutes ago, Kieran said:

relaunching the server and establishing a server playerbase might be a bit too hard though.

i agree with that, SCPSL is a pretty hard game to have stable pop but the fact that its a free game and easy to learn maybe some people who have never played it in SG could see that we made a server and be interested to try it out just for the fact that its an SG server 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread