? servers

? players online

!votemute with 12+ players

• Content Count:  99

If !fo becomes available with 12+ players online why isn't !votemute the same way. It is a great way for CTs to be able to give orders without Ts talking over them. It is a underutilized command with it currently only being available at 30+ players. I understand that "Off mic 15 seconds" is a order but it is not followed most of the time. I feel like !votemute will be a more effective way to give orders as a ct when the Ts are being loud.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  905

When there’s only 12 people on there’s not much mic spam going on and cts usually don’t have issues giving orders out. Removing ts ability to speak when the cts have no issue giving orders is pointless. But I do think adding tmute to maybe 20 plus on would be good as by that point cts can have issues talking over the ts.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  345

usually a way is to actually enforce the "off the mic 15 seconds" orders. Cause I see alot of people not listen and not get killed/punished. So just actually kill them for it

• Content Count:  562

1 hour ago, DabOfGravy said:

Or if talking during off mic was KOS but it is not honored as you can only warning shot people for talking during off mic periods.

Not to flame you or anything but are you fucking stupid? KOS for using their microphone when they shouldn't be. Not rebelling, not blatantly disobeying but for fucking using their microphone in game... when they aren't supposed too. 

• Like 3
Edited by Kanye
Grammar

• Content Count:  304

8 hours ago, DabOfGravy said:

If !fo becomes available with 12+ players online why isn't !votemute the same way. It is a great way for CTs to be able to give orders without Ts talking over them. It is a underutilized command with it currently only being available at 30+ players. I understand that "Off mic 15 seconds" is a order but it is not followed most of the time. I feel like !votemute will be a more effective way to give orders as a ct when the Ts are being loud.

if the order isn’t followed just kill those who aren’t and they will be muted? they aren’t following an order. warning shot then kill them if they don’t stop

• Content Count:  594

8 hours ago, Kanye said:

Not to flame you or anything but are you fucking stupid? KOS for using their microphone when they shouldn't be. Not rebelling, not blatantly disobeying but for fucking using their microphone in game... when they aren't supposed too. 

Yk why tf you roasting him for a god damn suggestion cause the server has an issue with mic spamming. Like idk what’s going on with your mental over there but that ain’t it. Like give an actual good input at least, like I know you can’t but at least try to use a little bit of your brain in that dented head of yours :)

This is how you’d go about it and actually enforce it if someone talks warning shot them right away they talk again during that period blow their fucking brains out. Because with lower population you can probably finally see who’s talking or has a little microphone above their head and maybe once people finally start getting killed for it they will shut it (Because probably 50% of the time they are gonna ask why they got shot and that spans over 3 seconds from the last warning shot, so you got 2 options be nice and explain why or just dome them and explain later). IMO there would never be a time where talking would be straight KOS if someone says off mic because people would just purposely use it to trim of Ts.

What id be interested to see when giving the order a timer you can activate cause no one knows how to fucking count the same so people might have unnecessary arguments if it’s towards the end of the 15 seconds. It’s not needed but it’d help in case admins have to deal with these situations if they ever occur.

• Like 1
Edited by Mikey.
()

• Content Count:  562

5 hours ago, Mikey. said:

Yk why tf you roasting him for a god damn suggestion cause the server has an issue with mic spamming. Like idk what’s going on with your mental over there but that ain’t it. Like give an actual good input at least, like I know you can’t but at least try to use a little bit of your brain in that dented head of yours

I'm roasting him not because it's a suggestion, but for him suggesting one of the most outrageous rules to be ever thought up. That rule would be a server killer. Tbh I haven't played jb in a bit but there was and always has been a "problem" with mic spamming. Luckily people in the past used their brain cells unlike me apparently and came up with a solution, getting a admin to mute them or actually having admins that will enforce mic spamming which in most cases WE DO! If we want to talk about a problem then lets talk about how half the server population dies when we play certain maps, or maybe the staleness of jb recently. Those are all problems that cant be enforced by admins and I haven't heard talked about except for @delirium bringing them to attention. There's your good input. 

Edited by Kanye

• Content Count:  157

just enforce "off mic fo 15 seconds" because literally no one ever enforces that, let alone say that. when was the last time someone said "off mic 15 seconds", let alone actually enforce it? most cts dont even know it exists, and the ones who do just dont enforce it and use it to scare the new players to not talk lol

• Content Count:  958

!fo is unlocked with less people online because being able to give the first order without interruption has a big impact on how the round goes. !votetmute isnt really needed with 12+ people on since there isnt much micspam. If there is any chaos you can give the "off mic" order like people in this thread have mentioned. We decided that making !votetmute available at 30 players is a bit much so we will be lowering it to around 25 people soon. 

On 7/18/2021 at 12:19 AM, DabOfGravy said:

Or if talking during off mic was KOS but it is not honored as you can only warning shot people for talking during off mic periods.

This will not be happening, our server heavily relies on the warning shot system and making an exception to that rule for talking is not something we want to do.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:16 AM, Mikey. said:

This is how you’d go about it and actually enforce it if someone talks warning shot them right away if they talk again during that period blow their fucking brains out.

Instead of KOSing people this is the way to go about people talking during an off mic order. Warning shot first, kill later if they continue to disobey like with all other orders.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread