? servers

? players online

JB - No mic special order bypass

• Content Count:  565

I'm suggesting a special order bypass towards non-mic Ct's, more specifically the 'move/step back' order. The step back order is used when a T obstructing way towards your destination.

A-  Guards can not tell a Prisoner to stay a certain measure away (such as "stay 5 feet away" or "one knifing distance"). A Guard may ask a Prisoner to step back or back away from them.

This technically counts as a special order as it give an order towards a individual/group besides the whole prisoners( you need a mic to give special orders)

"• Special Orders - Any order given to a subset of Prisoners, with an exception of ordering prisoners to drop a weapon or throw utility."

As a result, the CT must use outside forces/loop holes to counteract against this

- Ask Ct's with mics to aid their escape from trap by t(s)

-This can become confusing as Ct's with mics are usually distracted defending kos spots, being in different areas,  or communicating other ct's

- Give a all t's to X location order

-forcing all t's to converge on a specific location 

-While this could work sometimes, in higher pop times it can get immediately revoked by a CT resulting the T not move in place.

Pros

- Can make non-mic Ct's to be less vulnerable against being locked in tight locations

- Can lessen the # of deaths(unnecessary as well) of negligent CT's and roaming t's  

- Can contribute to smoother rounds in more higher pop times

-Help newer/inexperienced CT's

Cons

- Admins need to help and enforce this rule

- Needs to be properly advertised to be utilized the most 

- Can be unnecessary( this more directly focused on fd's as no-mic Ct's can use Ws->Kos protocol if is disobeying order[in this case blocking CT]) 

If this had alr been discussed or believe it's a good/bad idea, please let me know in comments.

Edited by Dom

• Content Count:  971

56 minutes ago, Starlegendgod said:

- Admins need to help and enforce this rule

- Can be unnecessary( this more directly focused on fd's as no-mic Ct's can use Ws->Kos protocol if is disobeying order[in this case blocking CT]) 

Enough reasons to make this rule obsolete. Stop trying to integrate non-mic CT's into the rule set.

• Content Count:  248

I think that we should be encouraging guards to use their mics more. Adding a rule or command where we give guards with no mics any more authority would encourage guards to stop using their mics. Starlegend, this is a good idea, but we want guards to use their mics, adding this might hinder the quality of gameplay on JB. It is so much more fun when the guards are using their mics, but when guards are giving chat orders, it makes server population go down.

• Like 4
Edited by Easterpink

• Content Count:  99

I like the thought you have put into this but it is honestly just a bad idea. Going off of what Easterpink said the rules on the server now try to encourage players to use there mics more, not less, on top of that it is very rare that a CT will become trapped by the Ts without already being dead. If anything getting trapped by the Ts is more so just a wake up call to have better positioning and movement. Players don't look in chat for CT orders as is and giving more power and ability to do that would be a bad idea. 

• Content Count:  764

Honestly instead of this I think the complete opposite should happen, I think that you should have to have a mic to play ct and use it when you can. Like daft also said, to many cons already in the idea, probably even more just couldn't think of them. One last thing, ct's would also like you said abuse it a lot constantly giving freedays, however mic order does override chat so it technically wouldn't matter if they attempted to abuse giving freedays/special orders in chat. Honestly though I think it would be better to not have this added and if anything enforce a rule where ct's have to have mics.

Edited by Che

• Content Count:  1105

Reading this made my brain hurt as I understand as to what point you're trying to make here regarding CTs who don't actively use their mic for whatever reason and trying to suggest such an idea. But convoluting an already working rule set that seems to work fairly well given the current state that JB is in right now would just hinder gameplay and overall complicate things further. As a T I would not like to be constantly looking in chat for rules that are specifically targeted towards myself or another individual that can somehow get me involved in a particular manner. Chat orders are basically abolished at this point in time since (if I remember correctly) mic orders still overrule any orders given in the chat and adding that idea would give power to the minority that would overrule the majority. It all just seems backwards when it comes to trying to keep the ruleset "flexible" but orderly and simple to understand.

The thinking is good and trying to bringing in new ideas is always a positive thing, but this is a rule that I believe does not need to be changed at the moment. 

• Content Count:  6

I don't think that this would happen because then CT'S as well would have to look in chat to see a special order, and if they don't they would probably shoot the people that obeyed the order without realizing there was a special order in chat

• Like 1

Reply to Thread