? servers

? players online

Russia Invades Ukraine pt 3

• Content Count:  539

29 minutes ago, kabLe said:

I believe you will see a sharp change in numbers as if my memory serves correctly, Biden shut down the new pipelines that Trump had opened up almost on day 1. We probably import much more oil than we are currently exporting.

If you are referring to the Keystone XL pipeline then nothing was shutdown. The proposal which was blocked by Biden was a shortcut to an already fully developed pipeline, which is still operational. This shortcut brought in a single oil producer, slated to add 100,000 barrels a day to the pipeline, which is 1.3% of our 2020 imports, and additionally cut through the national landmark of Sandhills. The Keystone XL pipeline was reportedly going to be able to add the moving of 590,000 barrels a day which would be 7.5% of our imported barrels.

Keystone Pipeline route

There was also the Colonial Pipeline which was shut down May 6th, 2021 because of a cyberattack and restarted operations <7 days later but this had nothing to do with the President.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

2 minutes ago, kabLe said:

Whichever one's FoxNews keeps telling me about.

The only pipeline that was federally “shut down” has been the Keystone XL project to my knowledge. A pipeline that has never been functional. Michigan is also trying to shut down line 5 but it’s currently undergoing litigation.

• Content Count:  2206

11 minutes ago, crazedkangaroo said:

If you are referring to the Keystone XL pipeline then nothing was shutdown. The proposal which was blocked by Biden was a shortcut to an already fully developed pipeline, which is still operational. This shortcut brought in a single oil producer, slated to add 100,000 barrels a day to the pipeline, which is 1.3% of our 2020 imports, and additionally cut through the national landmark of Sandhills. The Keystone XL pipeline was reportedly going to be able to add the moving of 590,000 barrels a day which would be 7.5% of our imported barrels.

Keystone Pipeline route

There was also the Colonial Pipeline which was shut down May 6th, 2021 because of a cyberattack and restarted operations <7 days later but this had nothing to do with the President.

Interesting. Thanks for educating me on this. I was under the impression he came in day one and shut everything down based on what FoxNews has broadcasted. I guess it's on me though as I never really delved too deep into it before I formed my opinion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

While @kabLemakes a good point about our Import/Export ratio, also important to note is where we're getting our oil from.

spacer.png

From energy.gov, you can see our imports with a decreasing trend from Saudi Arabia, Iraq and other non-OPEC countries, with a growing amount coming from Russia.

While we don't get much of our oil from Russia, the change is not trivial though. More importantly though, as the US and other European countries refuse to continue purchasing their oil, it will create false scarcity in the market, hiking prices across the board as countries scramble for alternate sources.

As of yet, nothing monumental has changed in terms of oil flow since gas was $2 a gallon. The majority of hikes come market side, such as when the aforementioned project was cancelled and when Russia invaded, causing sanctions to be declared. The other shoe will fall on the 30th, Putin's deadline for countries to begin making the shift towards buying Russian oil in Rubles. While there has been plenty of speculation and talk, it's most likely going to be a nothinburger fortunately, Russian officials have stated that they understand this process will take time and European countries will most likely cave to this demand.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:00 PM, lynxie said:

145194-cars-feature-how-do-i-charge-my-e

Electric dont look so bad right now...

Dude do you want us to die or something??

On 3/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, Kopsta said:

You May Live To See Man-Made Horrors Beyond Your Comprehension | Know Your  Meme

Sorry

spacer.png

This

spacer.png

Not this. Thought that would've been self evident but guess I should have elaborated.

• Content Count:  908

• Content Count:  1583

8 minutes ago, Infinityward said:

I'm not sure why you used a screencap of my post instead of just quoting lol

Regardless, here you have a satellite image of a trench, pictures of dead civilians in a Russian occupied city, and no independent verification of anything, as cited by the articles pasted.

Here's a quick thread on a reasonable description of what may have happened

https://mobile.twitter.com/antiwar_soldier/status/1511086358110027791

TL;DR most victims appear to be killed by shelling during the time of strong Russian occupation. Russians shelled themselves?

At least this is less easily debunked than other alleged war crimes such as dead civilians in Mariupol carrying RUSSIAN AID PACKAGES.

Regardless of how you want to interpret it, this is the first evidence of something of this nature from Russian forces over a month into the invasion.

I don't think you should continue to play this game until you familiarize yourself with the conflict in Donbas prior to this invasion and all the nastiness entailed. While you're there, feel free to acknowledge the calls for and commission of war crimes by Ukrainian forces and government officials. There's a long list of these, many of them difficult to find a reliable source on, but at least one has been seemingly confirmed by both sides of the conflict.

I appreciate your efforts to source something resembling a credible news source, but as stated previously, all sources here are incredibly biased and rely on the same handful of firsthand accounts and images, as cited in the pastes. So feel free to just cite whatever twit or telegram that's being referenced so you can expose yourself to something resembling conscious dialogue.

• Content Count:  908

1 hour ago, Gentoo said:

Because it was a shoutbox message.

You're actually ridiculous, you have civilians with their hands tied dead in the streets that just so happened to be killed from shelling?

Spoiler

unknown.png

^ Not too graphic but it includes dead bodies

116510e6a9b7f5ce5a8aa11b972bc945.png

The image that goes along with this is probably the most damning. It's literally a pile of bodies in a corner with their hands tied and clothes removed (including what appears to be a young child). The fact that you can't even recognize when Russia commits war crimes and just chop it up to "Artillery Shelling" is sickening. It's absolutely not something I can post but i will DM it to you if you'd like.

1 hour ago, Gentoo said:

I don't think you should continue to play this game until you familiarize yourself with the conflict in Donbas prior to this invasion and all the nastiness entailed. While you're there, feel free to acknowledge the calls for and commission of war crimes by Ukrainian forces and government officials. There's a long list of these, many of them difficult to find a reliable source on, but at least one has been seemingly confirmed by both sides of the conflict.

"Azov has killed civilians too so that makes it okay!"

Once again you provide absolutely no evidence for any of these war crimes committed in the Donbas. I'm willing to accept what you're saying is probably true, but its not a justification for Russia committing war crimes nor is it a justification for the invasion. You're so incredibly quick to believe an accusation of Ukrainians committing war crimes but when Russia is accused you find some dumb-ass Twitter account that makes an equally dumb argument about why the dead bodies strewn throughout the houses, streets, and mass graves of Bucha actually all died from shelling to prove your point. Also stop trying to act as if you've been studying Ukrainian-Russian history for the past 10 years, you fucking talked to your boss and watched a few shitty YouTube and Telegram videos and now you think you're some expert in slav politics.

1 hour ago, Gentoo said:

So feel free to just cite whatever twit or telegram that's being referenced so you can expose yourself to something resembling conscious dialogue.

You're literally a joke, every single argument you've pulled out are literally Russia Today talking points. Not sure if you know this but literally everyone thinks you've gone off the deep end and with every post you prove it more and more.

b21aeb38eb60b1c6e3b80fc5dd86c8cc.png

Also Russia withdrew from Northern Ukraine so W! (Stay mad)

• Like 2
Edited by Infinityward

• Content Count:  1527

1 hour ago, Gentoo said:

Regardless, here you have a satellite image of a trench, pictures of dead civilians in a Russian occupied city, and no independent verification of anything, as cited by the articles pasted.

Here's a quick thread on a reasonable description of what may have happened

https://mobile.twitter.com/antiwar_soldier/status/1511086358110027791

TL;DR most victims appear to be killed by shelling during the time of strong Russian occupation. Russians shelled themselves?

At least this is less easily debunked than other alleged war crimes such as dead civilians in Mariupol carrying RUSSIAN AID PACKAGES.

Regardless of how you want to interpret it, this is the first evidence of something of this nature from Russian forces over a month into the invasion.

I appreciate your efforts to source something resembling a credible news source, but as stated previously, all sources here are incredibly biased and rely on the same handful of firsthand accounts and images, as cited in the pastes. So feel free to just cite whatever twit or telegram that's being referenced so you can expose yourself to something resembling conscious dialogue.

It's good to question news source; because, as you said, each source will have a bias. You are not supposed to just pick one source and stick with it, it is ideal to read multiple sources of a singular event.

But at some point if you question EVERY news source because it doesn't fit your point, it's not a problem with credibility of source, its a problem with you

• Like 9

• Content Count:  2645

Of course, civilians in Bucha, specifically fighting age men, that have their hands tied up behind them and shot in the back of the head TOTALLY weren't executed. Jesus Christ.

• Like 1
Edited by James

Reply to Thread