? servers

? players online

Discord Accts getting hacked

• Content Count:  1105

Hi, it has come to my attention that some people I know such as ReFlex, possibly Error and some other SG members have recently gotten hacked due to joining a discord server sent by their "friends". My suggestion don't join any servers that look fishy or seem to be sent randomly sorta like how steam accounts get hacked with the voting. Maybe set up 2fa if you haven't already I'm sure that'll stop it but again just incase don't join any server a buddy sends you randomly. 

A common name I've noticed for the server they send to have your discord account hacked is called "Kachow" with a lightning mcqueen pfp so be on the lookout for that. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  819

The main way they get in is with a qr code scan which literally says sign into your discord above it.

They say its verification but do not fall for that simple trick read before moving forward

• Like 2
Edited by Hawks

• Content Count:  3294

Whenever scams/phishing links are brought up I'm always reminded of what @roux said from this thread a few years back, so I figured I'll share that message with you all in case it helps you remember:

On 12/22/2019 at 11:33 PM, roux said:

This isn't new in any way, and this is one poor ass attempt at the original scam, too, and once again I will repeat myself:

DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS RANDOM PEOPLE SEND YOU, DON'T LOG IN ON ANYTHING A RANDOM SENDS YOU, DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD ONLINE, STEAM ADMINS CONTACTING YOU IS NOT A THING, SENDING YOUR SSN TO A STRANGER IS NOT A WAY TO VERIFY THAT YOU'RE ABOVE 13 YEARS OLD, BE SKEPTICAL

We are not liable if you fall for these (whether it be on our platforms or not) and you can (and will!) get permanently banned if you get caught sending links to our users. You are all aware that these scams are network based, and the hacked accounts are used to hack more- be careful, even with your friends.

10 hours ago, Hawks said:

The main way they get in is with a qr code scan which literally says sign into your discord above it.

They say its verification but do not fall for that simple trick read before moving forward

This'll also include QR Codes, as you can't tell where a random QR code is going to bring you until you scan it. This reminds me of CoinBase's QR Code SuperBowl AD, which got millions of people to scan it. To everyone, just be smart, and if something's too good to be true it probably isn't.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  154

On 5/10/2022 at 7:27 PM, delirium said:

Falling for phishing schemes in 2022 :larry:

Pinnacle of SG Staff 

• Like 1
Edited by Aster

• Content Count:  154

Just now, delirium said:

I see why you would fall for a phishing scheme in 2022

It's as simple as not clicking a link, and using your prefrontal cortex 

• Content Count:  2253

1 hour ago, Aster said:

Pinicle of SG Staff 

0d390fb99c48deb4c057fdc2bd00185c.jpg

Even if it's your close friends sending you an invite randomly, just exercise caution and take a minute to look and see what it is. Just please don't click stuff without looking, and if you somehow get past that point of joining, don't scan the QR code shit like ZZL and Hawks have said.

That's all from me, keep yourselves aware n safe gamers.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  398

Yeah, this whole account stealing thing is getting out of hand. 

Recently a really close friend of mine @A Decently Paid Janitor got his account hacked.

pzRqSpT.png

As you can see from the photo he tried sending me an invite to this discord server saying they pay money and stuff it's obviously fake this is some really sad and pathetic stuff.

• Like 7
Edited by the baconator

Reply to Thread