? servers

? players online

Re: State of the Union - Movement Servers

• Content Count:  1920

Hello there. I read a good chunk of the state of the union announcement thing and I figured I would throw in my thoughts on the movement server portion, as the majority of my effort (all of it) as SM went into them. I will try and keep this short (well, at least for me) and simple.

1) Get rid of Surf Rotation

It was honestly a gamble based on a trend to begin with, and we failed to properly advertise it and get it pushed out to a large populous so the most I ever saw it at was like 10 people, and it usually sat empty or with a friend or two on it goofing off. It just never really took off and it is a waste of resources at this point.

2) Convert Hard BHOP into KZ

I honestly regret even making hard bhop because it had such a small niche playerbase to begin with it likely would have never been successful. Let scrolls have his fun if he wants to. If it fails, it fails. At this point if you give him a few months to see if KZ does anything for us it can't hurt

3) Keep the other two as is

I wish I could say I still really care about movement but I don't even have CSGO installed on my computer anymore. After dumping literal thousands of hours into it I don't think I could care about it anymore. These are just the thoughts I am having looking back on my time as SM. Do as you will, just thought I'd pitch in.

Ciao.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  793

17 hours ago, Phoenix_ said:

I honestly regret even making hard bhop because it had such a small niche playerbase to begin with it likely would have never been successful. Let scrolls have his fun if he wants to. If it fails, it fails. At this point if you give him a few months to see if KZ does anything for us it can't hurt

KZ was tbh my favorite server we had. Bringing back kz would be fun fr

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5674

I don't personally believe at this point in the community's life that continuing to have belief in the idea that trying things out can't hurt us is healthy. Trying things out can hurt us, especially now. Putting effort into something like a KZ server (which, from the looks of it, has very few successful NA servers with a lot of competition already) can hurt us by wasting our time, energy, and resources. The current staff team already looks extremely stretched thin with 10 server managers and 8 advisors trying to care for roughly 12 servers. We should be cutting that number of servers down until we can pump more life into our higher staff positions. 

If you were arguing for the return or introduction of some very niche gamemode where maybe we have a chance at tapping into some player base that hasn't been discovered, different story. But it looks like there's a million and one KZ servers already on CS:GO, so while yes it's a popular gamemode.. if we had a server and it came and went between the time I got banned and now, I can't imagine it gave any signs of life. Correct me as you may, these are assumptions after all, at the end of the day my argument will be the same that we should not be unnecessarily stretching ourselves thin.

My take on it: cut out everything besides Jailbreak, TTT, ZE.. then keep Bhop and Surf because they seem to get some people and they're your most popular servers as of now. Focus everyone up on reviving these servers and if you get to the point where you have some semblance of population on them, then talk about reopening servers, changing servers, etc. There's probably nothing waiting for us in the movement world of CS:GO, no big influx of population that we're gonna get. If we as a community can't revive our big three, I think everyone will agree that hope is lost. 

I'd also feel different if we were talking about branching out into other games, I think allocating resources towards a big push in that direction is justifiable. But in regards to CS:GO we should be laser focused on reestablishing ourselves where we were already doing so well. 

• Like 5
Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  3150

18 hours ago, Dominic said:

I don't personally believe at this point in the community's life that continuing to have belief in the idea that trying things out can't hurt us is healthy. Trying things out can hurt us, especially now. Putting effort into something like a KZ server (which, from the looks of it, has very few successful NA servers with a lot of competition already) can hurt us by wasting our time, energy, and resources. The current staff team already looks extremely stretched thin with 10 server managers and 8 advisors trying to care for roughly 12 servers. We should be cutting that number of servers down until we can pump more life into our higher staff positions. 

If you were arguing for the return or introduction of some very niche gamemode where maybe we have a chance at tapping into some player base that hasn't been discovered, different story. But it looks like there's a million and one KZ servers already on CS:GO, so while yes it's a popular gamemode.. if we had a server and it came and went between the time and I got banned and now, I can't imagine it gave any signs of life. Correct me as you may, these are assumptions after all, at the end of the day my argument will be the same that we should not be unnecessarily stretching ourselves thin.

My take on it: cut out everything besides Jailbreak, TTT, ZE.. then keep Bhop and Surf because they seem to get some people and they're your most popular servers as of now. Focus everyone up on reviving these servers and if you get to the point where you have some semblance of population on them, then talk about reopening servers, changing servers, etc. There's probably nothing waiting for us in the movement world of CS:GO, no big influx of population that we're gonna get. If we as a community can't revive our big three, I think everyone will agree that hope is lost. 

I'd also feel different if we were talking about branching out into other games, I think allocating resources towards a big push in that direction is justifiable. But in regards to CS:GO we should be laser focused on reestablishing ourselves where we were already doing so well. 

I can agree with most of this. I think ZE is pretty fucked/a lost cause. I'm all for the big 3 mentality but I think we as a community really need to sit down and assess if we really have the players that are remotely interested in that server for any sort of long period of time beyond seeding.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  927

I fully agree with what Dominic suggested. Being laser focused on reestablishing our current servers (in reality, only the main grabbers) should be the highest priority. To help with that, I would like to add some suggestions:

1) I think it's time for meetings to happen for each server again and allow the community to step in and give their input and to also allow the SMs to reveal what is planned and/or is going to happen. I don't mean to call anyone specific out, but just as an example, Zero Two needs to get on the same page with the rest of the community. One thread asking for suggestions is not enough. Plus, those threads have many unrelated comments on them, so they didn't help as much as he probably wanted.

I'm also hoping that non-regular members attend these meetings different they can add suggestions that would make them more interested in joining. I promise that as long as you are serious with your suggestions, we will all appreciate it. All it takes one decent idea to create a fantastic one. Spew out some creativity so others can bounce off of it!

2) Bring back the "long-term" events. I can't speak for everyone, but I loved the TTT karma events. I got the 3rd place award from it and had fun trying to sweat and get my karma as high as possible. It fueled a lot of competition and made people be really careful with who they killed (for the most part). Yes, there was flaws with that system, but in all honesty, it wasn't that bad. Hunter has been working on that system so we will see where it goes.

Just to be fair, I can give a suggestion for JB. If T-ranks are coming back, have a competition where the top T and CT get a certain skin and title for a couple months. Hey, we should let them pick it so they can even look forward to a skin they actually WANT. There aren't many rewards to give out atm, so until we can get money and items again, in-game things are gonna have to be it imo.

3) Stop trying to be so distinctive. I understand having a niche community can be a good thing, which we experienced for many years, but in our dilemma it might be time to start being like other servers. They clearly are doing things right and have the things that are attracting other players. The biggest thing is a community, but that can't solely be the reason, right? I can save the specifics for the meetings, if they even happen.

I just have little faith in being able to bring back what made us stand out. There really isn't much to lose at this point, so this is the best time to test out those ideas that we were too scared to do before. Grab those players from the communities that have population and show that our community is filled with good players too!

4) I have a suggestion for the server representation team, but no official thread has been released yet. Will edit this thread or just DM someone about it unless they already do it :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

32 minutes ago, Chad said:

4) I have a suggestion for the server representation team, but no official thread has been released yet. Will edit this thread or just DM someone about it unless they already do it :)

DM me retard

Reply to Thread