? servers

? players online

JB CT Healthboost

• Content Count:  971

I know, I know. Me advocating for a nerf to CT, what's new? 

I think the health-boost is in a bit of a silly state currently, and I believe it's overpowered; let me explain.

Personally, I do not like how the health boost is right now. Most CT's have it bound to a key, meaning MID FIGHT I can be spraying at a CT with an AK, deal 98 damage, then the MF presses the button on his mouse and he's full HP again. This is ridiculous and honestly makes it's retarded cousin, the health-shot, completely useless, as it takes time to pull out after buying, and doesn't give you more than max HP, which by the way, allows you to survive an AWP shot to the chest.

My proposition is to make the health-boost only buyable in the first 30 to 60 seconds into the round, so CT's can still use it as an insane buff allowing to take much more damage, but forfeiting the ability to health-boost late into the round if they get caught in a shitty position. This would also make the health-shot viable, and allow it to fill the role it should've in the first place, as a way for a guard to heal when they're far from medic and are dealing with multiple T's.

I don't think this change will make a massive impact on the balance, mainly because you can buy multiple health-shots instead of just one CT health-boost, making it more bang for your buck, but it will get rid of those bullshit scenarios of people using it mid fight and essentially cheating T's out of a kill.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  373

I agree with u but not on the taking it out part I think we should make it so it isn't allowed to have it as a bind that's too op I think that having it as a whole is good when CT's are doing a 1v5 etc.. but not as a bind I feel like the ctbuy menu more or less the health boost is the very op the whole point of the health boost is to help The last CT's when everyone is rebelling but using it just bc one guy is knifing you or shooting u with a usp/glock it should be only for the last like 2 CT's

Edited by R3Flex

• Content Count:  498

I’ve been getting back into the groove of jb again so I’ll come back and paraphrase what @TheZZL’s And @Military_king’s thoughts are on the situation.

While the healthboost has the potential to be overpowered it at the moment is as balanced as can be, yes it is true that when you shoot at a ct and you hit him for 99+ but less than 105 it can be incredibly infuriating, however you have to keep in mind that there is a global limit on health boosts for cts whenever 3 healthboost’s are purchased you are no longer able to purchase a healthboost till the following round. 

As of right now I believe the healthboost is in a good spot, yes it can be unfair at times but this isn’t comp it’s jailbreak it’s not meant to be fair.

• Like 1
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  172

I think the health boost is ok because the ratio is usually cancer and ct are always at a dis advantage and if its the 2 to 1 ratio 2 ts can easily kill the cts nerfing this is not needed 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  198

The health boost to me comes off as annoying yes, but entirely removing it I think is a little unnecessary. You bring up some good points like how mid fight a ct can click some buttons and they're up to 135 hp. I think number of uses per map/match should be limited. If every match you can buy the healthboost  atleast 3 times (1 only allowed a round), and the following map change it resets. I think it could reduce its overpoweredness thingy mabober. Reflex also brought up that its used for last ct, and I think something else they could do is only make it allowed so last ct can use it. These are just my thoughts, but I do truly think the healthboost could be changed to make it a little more fair.

• Content Count:  562

agreed i dont think it should be taken away but only decreased so that the ct cant get more health than was given off spawn maybe reduced down to a 100 health boost instead of 135 seems a lot more balanced

• Content Count:  971

To clarify, I didn't advocate for its' removal, I just said it should only be purchasable at the start of the round to prevent it from overlapping the purpose of the healthshot.

• Content Count:  905

I would say the healthboost is more useful at the end of the round when last ct needs to 1v7. Healthboosts werent made for cts only be able to use when ts are doing orders like take a step out freeze face the back of your cell. It was made for cts to have a chance at end of the round doing 1v5s. 

Edited by BloodBlades

• Content Count:  248

Personally, I don't think the CT health boost is op. I think that the Ts are actually op, they can have a gun and stack in each other and the CTs cant to anything except to tell them to unstack. Anyone who plays both sides should be able to see where I am coming from. Often times, the Ts win the round, especially when there is 1 CT left, this is why health boost was implemented in the first place, sure its annoying when you do 150 damage to a CT who used ctbuy menu mid fight, but understand that the menu is to try and help the CTs enforce.

If anything, I think the last CT should automatically get 135 hp once their teammate dies to give the CT a chance to regain control of the prison, but this will interfere with the current LR plugin by giving the CT 135 hp when in an LR and their teammate dies. Or we can give a CT health when they get a kill, but this will be abused and lead to many many problems.

I know this thread is about the CTs being op, but I think that the Ts are the ones that are op. Generally, things are balanced in my experience.

Edit: Buffing the health-shot to give the CT 135 hp and removing health-boost doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Edited by Easterpink

Reply to Thread