? servers

? players online

Russia Invades Ukraine pt 2

• Content Count:  1633

16 hours ago, Gentoo said:

A few questions:

Why does everyone seem to point to Putin/Russia as the 'bad guy's here? Is it Cold War/Modern Media stigma? Because they're the aggressor? The tactics being used?

What are you guys using as your sources for what you believe about what's going on?

Why do you think whatever source you use can or should be counted as reputable? (Keep in mind that your country, whichever that is, has previously participated in disinformation campaigns, and whatever outlet you're following has been known to be biased and fabricate stories.)

Aint no way you unironically posted that lmao

• Like 7

• Content Count:  2206

17 hours ago, Gentoo said:

A few questions:

Why does everyone seem to point to Putin/Russia as the 'bad guy's here? Is it Cold War/Modern Media stigma? Because they're the aggressor? The tactics being used?

What are you guys using as your sources for what you believe about what's going on?

Why do you think whatever source you use can or should be counted as reputable? (Keep in mind that your country, whichever that is, has previously participated in disinformation campaigns, and whatever outlet you're following has been known to be biased and fabricate stories.)

Are you just trying to be that guy or? You presented no information other than questioning where others got theirs. Gentoo you’ve been saying stupid shit for a long time but this one takes the cake.

In an attempt to humor you, are you questioning the philosophy of what’s right and wrong? In the modern world, when you invade a country unprovoked, and then insinuate there is potential for nuclear fallout because your losing, yea I’d say that’s the bad guy.

Please, I’m begging you, link me to the article that made you doubt that Putin is the bad guy. Do me a quick favor though, translate from Russian to English for me. Thanks chief

• Like 12

• Content Count:  5377

19 hours ago, Gentoo said:

A few questions:

I see what you’re getting at at the end there but this reads like a geopolitics assignment being issued.

I haven’t been following this too closely mostly because I don’t really care as it doesn’t affect me or my way of life in any tangible capacity other than gas prices, but from the clips and snippets I have seen, it looks like Russia is wanting to renegotiate its place in the pecking order as it feels embarrassed by its own perception following the end of the Cold War.

Obviously war bad and invading men bad too though

• Content Count:  99

On 2/28/2022 at 4:28 AM, Caution said:

Curious if any other vets on here are looking to head that way. I got a few months left on this Middle East contract then was looking to volunteer over in Ukraine and fuck some shit up.

@Caution This is the main focus of my deployment very soon.

• Content Count:  1583

3 hours ago, kabLe said:

You presented no information other than questioning where others got theirs

That's sort of the point when you want to know what people think isn't it? I've been curious about this conflict but it's very difficult to find people that don't spazz the fuck out any time you ask them why they believe what they do or think that it's not exactly self evident. I apologize if I find it ironic to see Americans complaining about invading foreign countries, bombing civs, politicians lying on TV, and calling political opponents Nazis.

Conscripting 19 year olds? I don't see the problem. Threatening to shoot deserters? I think that's been standard fare for war since forever but I can understand how people don't agree. Arresting protestors? I don't agree but I can understand why it's reasonable.

I've tried to watch some of the news when I get the chance but it all seems watered down compared to what is actually going on. Social media can be useful, with people providing pictures and videos of the conflict to show what's actually going on, but you quite often see conflicting reports and also have retards who cheer and clap for things like UN delegates walking out. Seriously? How would it feel to be a Ukrainian getting blown the fuck out and seeing that the goddamned UN refuses to even acknowledge your aggressors or attempt diplomacy.

I've been spending every day with my Ukrainian manager trying to pick his brain as he has family and friends in Ukraine, has been following their politics for the last 10 years, and has been listening to a Ukrainian independent journalists stream for the last week straight.

Some things I can't seem to shake is seeing Ukrainian civies and cons armed to the teeth commanding other civies around and shooting men women and children. Ukrainians putting equipment, troops, equipment, tanks in civilian zones then getting outraged when these places get shot up/bombed. The idea that Zelensky would poke the bear for so long and not forsee this happening, knowing full well he doesn't have manpower, resources, allies to handle it. Not something you're going to see plastered on national television and not something I'm dumb enough to post here but there is videos, pictures, reports out the ass if you go looking. Maybe this is the Russia disinformation campaign we've been warned about, but damn if it's not convincing.

All I'm suggesting is that it's not immediately clear to me what's going on and who's in the right here, if anyone. It's very fucking difficult to get a clear picture of what's going on, taking in the whole scope and timespan of this conflict. The fact that everyone seems to have a rock solid idea of what's what and loses their fucking mind if you ask a few questions is mind boggling to me. The fact that you asked for an article and not a history lesson on who's the good guy really paints how far your brain has rotted from bite size media consumption.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread