? servers

? players online

Abortion 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Content Count:  154

2 hours ago, Gentoo said:

I believe he's referring to quality of life rather than protection thereof, unless he is actually trying to make that case 🤨

If that is the case, we would have to dive into specifics. Standard of living, life during pregnancy, after pregnancy, etc. 

• Content Count:  3150

3 minutes ago, Autistic said:

When you wanna actually post an opinion, but bom and gentoo already derailing it.

What? Literally just talking about abortion, i.e. the thing roe v wade affects.

Post your opinion man. have at it.

• Content Count:  154

1 hour ago, BoM said:

quality of life correct.

If the mother is not in the ideal circumstances for having a child, hand it to a family that is in a better situation. 

https://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/waiting_adoptive_families#:~:text=While it is difficult to,who is placed for adoption.

spacer.png

The quality of living in a current household does not have to jepardize the right to life.

P.S. Didn't see your response to Gentoo's message, apologies for not replying.

• Content Count:  3150

21 minutes ago, Aster said:

If the mother is not in the ideal circumstances for having a child, hand it to a family that is in a better situation.

Requiring her to carry it to term, generally some 5-6 more months (93% of abortions performed in the first 13 weeks)...which can be both physically and emotionally detrimental to the woman. Not to mention potential pregnancy complications, which based on tentatively factual data I'm looking at is about a 1 in 10 chance if not more. Just not about demanding that a woman put her own body through that.

Thinking you misunderstood quality of life...I'm talking about the quality of life for the woman being forced by law to carry a baby to term. Her quality of life for those 9 months and thereafter. I won't even get into the negative mental effects that it would have on those women for being forced to do that, which also puts a greater threat of complications for the mother and baby.

• Content Count:  965

45 minutes ago, Looga said:

Not sure you know what a strawman argument is but ok. 

strawman.png

In case you're still having a hard time let me break it down for you.

The idea of comparing the position "I think women should have the right to an abortion" to "I think that killing babies is a right" is so fucking asinine that it's baffling you don't see it as a distortion of the original position. Rather than have an actual discussion about the ethics of abortion, you've opted to shut down any sort of opposition by inferring that any and all support of abortion rights is the same thing as advocating for killing babies. See it's much easier to argue against your opponents when you say they're baby killers than it is to drop the loaded bullshit, say they support abortion rights, and argue from there. 

To take this one step further, I'm going to go on record saying none of you people think this is even remotely comparable to murder, if you were you'd be way more up in arms about all of this. I mean you seriously expect me to believe you give a shit when all you can muster is a simple "It's baby killing lol". If you really want people to take your position seriously try making real arguments instead of this fake ass one sentence bullshit.

Anyways my take on this issue is the same as it has been for a while. Blah blah republican hypocrisy, blah blah they're making it harder to access contraceptives, blah blah they're providing inadequate sex education. If anyone's pro-abortion it's the right-wing of this country. Take a look at Arkansas' teen pregnancy rates if you don't believe me.

• Like 5
Edited by ThRza

• Content Count:  3740

6 hours ago, Looga said:

murder is not a right

Imagine thinking a country with a school mass shootings problem, which drags its feet to even marginally address the issue, and can’t keep baby formula on the shelves has the moral high-ground to make such an argument in the first place.

• Like 1
Edited by Wawa

Reply to Thread