? servers

? players online

Abortion 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Content Count:  908

TLDR: Stop using SCOTUS as a legislative branch, pass legislation through congress to enshrine abortion so it won’t be overturned.

like I said in my last post Roe V Wade wasn’t a good ruling even if you believe abortion should be legal (which I do). Make sure you vote in 2022 and 2024!

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1920

11 hours ago, Gentoo said:

The mother does, the child does not - that's the conversation if you haven't been following, as a smaller community, the state can determine which individuals need to have their rights protected accordingly... Seems significantly more appropriate than trying to legitimize the outcome that aligns with your views despite it's significantly less representative approach, no?

Fuck them kids - Album on Imgur /j

A clump of cells that can't form a complex thought can't make a decision. Also, forcing children into the world when America has some of the worst childcare among wealthy nations and no paid maternity leave!! Great idea!!

10 hours ago, Cept For Her said:

spacer.png

dont forget to highlight the important part, that overruling erroneous decisions does not mean that there is not a constitutional protection of those rights.

That's not the point though. The point is that they are attacking one of the pillars protecting rights of non-white males. Now, because of this ruling, more than half of the country could lose access to safe abortions, and one of the SUPREME COURT JUSTICES OF THE UNITED FUCKING STATES said that GAY RIGHTS and the ruling on contraceptives are next. The country is moving fucking backwards. If you do not see an issue with what is happening right now, you are absolutely part of the problem.

• Like 1
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  1583

55 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

A clump of cells that can't form a complex thought can't make a decision

Neither can actual children (that's why we have laws about consent) or people with mental deficiencies, hence why we need laws to protect them.

56 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

Also, forcing children into the world when America has some of the worst childcare among wealthy nations and no paid maternity leave!! Great idea!!

Nobody's forcing anyone to reproduce, it just prevents those having a pregnancy from killing the kid. This is also just a weak line of thinking, should we go around killing every firstborn because America has bad healthcare? lol.

This is a bit of a tangent but I'm curious if you feel the government has a responsibility to take care of people. If so, why do you feel that way?

59 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

The point is that they are attacking one of the pillars protecting rights of non-white males.

Dude, what?

1 hour ago, Phoenix_ said:

The country is moving fucking backwards

Conservatives have literally been playing the try miserably to hold them back game for decades, are you getting a taste of what it feels like when someone erodes one of your core values or something?

6 hours ago, ThRza said:

The idea of comparing the position "I think women should have the right to an abortion" to "I think that killing babies is a right" is so fucking asinine that it's baffling you don't see it as a distortion of the original position. Rather than have an actual discussion about the ethics of abortion, you've opted to shut down any sort of opposition by inferring that any and all support of abortion rights is the same thing as advocating for killing babies. See it's much easier to argue against your opponents when you say they're baby killers than it is to drop the loaded bullshit, say they support abortion rights, and argue from there

That's not a strawman, you two obviously have a fundamental difference in your understanding of the situation at hand and he's not going to have his values eroded by semantics and word games. No matter how long you're blog is, I'm not going to concede that there is an acceptable circumstance to throw toddlers off of buildings, it's not a strawman for me to say that's murder and he seems to have the same feelings about abortions. Doesn't mean he's wrong, it means you two can't have a conversation about it.

• Content Count:  3740

2 hours ago, Infinityward said:

TLDR: Stop using SCOTUS as a legislative branch, pass legislation through congress to enshrine abortion so it won’t be overturned.

like I said in my last post Roe V Wade wasn’t a good ruling even if you believe abortion should be legal (which I do). Make sure you vote in 2022 and 2024!

The Democrats could have codified Roe when they had the super majority under Obama for 2 years, yet they didn’t.  They’d rather use abortion rights as a fundraising opportunity than deliver on their word to protect them.  So who exactly do we vote for then?  Do we really believe that state politicians are going to be any different in all 50 states?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  965

1 hour ago, Gentoo said:

No matter how long you're *your blog is, I'm not going to concede that there is an acceptable circumstance to throw toddlers off of buildings, it's not a strawman for me to say that's murder and he seems to have the same feelings about abortions.

It'd do you some good to note that pyro was responding to BoM and not just stating his opinion on the matter, so your little comparison isn't representative of this situation at all. By responding to BoM's statement on women's rights with "murder is not a right", would you not agree that he is indirectly inferring that BoM here supports murdering babies? I'll concede that it's a bit of a stretch calling it a strawman, but my original point stands that this comparison between killing babies and getting an abortion lacks nuance, and it is completely dishonest to suggest that your opponents think killing babies is perfectly okay when that is not what they are arguing at all.

Oh and fyi throwing toddlers off of buildings isn't murder. It's a competitive sport in which I am top 500, so you'd better watch yourself bub.

• Like 1
Edited by ThRza

• Content Count:  2167

So can someone please rebuke my last comment on this? How exactly is forcing women to have a child not slavery? The circumstances of one's creation are irrelevant, be it rape, incest, or consent with or without birth control. A woman must dedicate her next 7~10 months to the sustenance of another human being- her own money to receive medical care, her own money to provide more food for herself and the fetus, her own trauma, pain, blood, and risk to have said child. And on what basis? Because of something someone else did to her? A woman cannot get pregnant on her own. Yet every single component of pregnancy and birth falls unto her.

Some people seem to think that abortion is the right, but abortion is just a means to an end: abortion is the tool that affirms women are not slaves to another human being.

• Like 1
Edited by jazzy

43 minutes ago, jazzy said:

So can someone please rebuke my last comment on this? How exactly is forcing women to have a child not slavery? The circumstances of one's creation are irrelevant, be it rape, incest, or consent with or without birth control. A woman must dedicate her next 7~10 months to the sustenance of another human being- her own money to receive medical care, her own money to provide more food for herself and the fetus, her own trauma, pain, blood, and risk to have said child. And on what basis? Because of something someone else did to her? A woman cannot get pregnant on her own. Yet every single component of pregnancy and birth falls unto her.

Some people seem to think that abortion is the right, but abortion is just a means to an end: abortion is the tool that affirms women are not slaves to another human being.

In the same way that a parents are responsible for a child after birth (not slavery, you're free not to have kids), the logic could be extended that parents are responsible for a child after conception, as it's still a human life. Do you not believe parents are responsible for their children after birth?

• Content Count:  2167

38 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Do you not believe parents are responsible for their children after birth?

.... yes? You're not legally or morally obligated to take care of someone else, regardless of if it was your choice to bring that person into the world. You are legally able to give a child up to the state. Weren't you the one who said healthcare shouldn't be a human right?

Reply to Thread