? servers

? players online

Abortion 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Content Count:  3150

5 minutes ago, Aster said:

First, the knowledge that you gained means nothing if you can't back it up. Second, a debate is just a formal discussion about a particular topic with an opposing side, which you engaged in with me.

Alright, then I'll make it clear for you. I'm disengaging from my conversation with you. You have gone from loosely forming a relative argument to semantics and trying to force fact checks. Stop quoting me on this thread please.

• Content Count:  1105

Just now, BoM said:

Alright, then I'll make it clear for you. I'm disengaging from my conversation with you. You have gone from loosely forming a relative argument to semantics and trying to force fact checks. Stop quoting me on this thread please.

where’s your fucking citations you ignorant bitch? didn’t he just tell you to cite logical information before you come at him with “illogical” remarks learned through experiences in life and personal morals and ethics?

• Content Count:  154

3 minutes ago, Steven. said:

where’s your fucking citations you ignorant bitch? didn’t he just tell you to cite logical information before you come at him with “illogical” remarks learned through experiences in life and personal morals and ethics?

I know you're joking, but you never want to bring in your personal life experince when we're talking about statistics and averages.

• Content Count:  1583

4 hours ago, ThRza said:

not have sex? That's extremely unrealistic.

Why lol, you been doing fine for years 😭 just jerk it

4 hours ago, Wawa said:

Ideally, every child should be brought into this world under responsible and willing parents.  Unfortunately, we do not live in this idealistic world.  More specifically to the US, we don't even live in a country that even actively tries to live in such a world.  If we did, we'd be addressing major socioeconomic issues such as poverty and homelessness.  Instead, the wealthy will still have access to safe abortions while the poor and working class will be the ones most negatively impacted.  If you want to take an ethical stance, fine, but the reality is that one class in this country is getting fucked once again while the other could care less since it has marginal impact on them.  Also, who's going to hold the wealthy accountable from an ethical standpoint when they continue to get abortions?

That is the cool thing about wealth, is has a feature of distancing foolish and immoral behavior from it's consequences, but I think that's a topic for a different thread.

• Content Count:  2162

Steering back to the topic at hand which is really about legislature on abortions being returned to state-legislature. 

Lets say the federal government did pass legislature to constitutionalize abortions as a given right to any citizen of the United States. The real question becomes, what sort of limiting factors are in place in that instance? Who decides the timeline for abortions to be allowed (3 weeks?, 3 months? a couple weeks before birth?)?

The same arguments still arise of deciding when a life takes effect, and who gets to decide that. States were still allowed to determine when an abortion should be allowed even during Roe V Wade's ruling (After a certain timeframe, believe the official number changed over the years). The main difference with the appeal of Roe V Wade is that the states are now allowed to outright ban abortions, and those that do are essentially arguing that life starts at contraception. 

Essentially, the argument comes down to state legislature determining when a life exists, and whether or not that life is protected under the state's legislature. 

From a legal viewpoint, charging a person for double homicide due to the murdering of a pregnant woman or charging one for homicide due to the loss of a pregnant woman's child, is the state legally determining the start of life, and protective rights thereof.

This determination of life differs in many states, but the argument remains that if someone is to be charged for the death of an unborn, should the mother not be held legally responsible for ending her child's life?

• Content Count:  3740

16 hours ago, Cept For Her said:

The main difference with the appeal of Roe V Wade is that the states are now allowed to outright ban abortions, and those that do are essentially arguing that life starts at contraception.

States who ban abortions are only banning abortions for those who can't afford it, the wealthy in said states will still have no problem seeking a safe abortion.  There is no 'essential arguing' worth talking about when there is no societal mechanism in place to hold those with privilege, power, and/or wealth accountable when it comes to abortions.  That is why the 'life begins at x' talking point is a strawman.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread