? servers

? players online

Prison Break 2010 Rules Discussion #2

• Content Count:  1484

Hmm.

I do think that the AO's should keep the rules simple.

A long list with rules isn't serving the purpose of scratching all the current rules and start over.

Keep it simple.

We need the essential rules, but rules about every little thing that might happen in PB will just confuse people.

• Content Count:  2043

Hmm.

I do think that the AO's should keep the rules simple.

A long list with rules isn't serving the purpose of scratching all the current rules and start over.

Keep it simple.

We need the essential rules, but rules about every little thing that might happen in PB will just confuse people.

Exactly, those were wayyy to complicated and too many rules

• Content Count:  2390

Rules Written by SA/CA:

- Guards must give reasonable orders and explain them.

Should add that orders can be given in text, and the first order wins, not whoever is the loudest/is the admin

- Guards can automatically kill prisoners in vents/armoury.

- Guards cannot give orders that hurt/kill prisoners.

- Guards can kill prisoners if they have a gun unholstered.

- Guards must warn prisoners with holstered guns to drop them.

Holstered secondaries, Primaries should be instant kill

- Guards must give warning shots for non-threatening behaviour (E.g. standing up when told to crouch).

- Guards can kill prisoners for directly disobeying an order (E.g. running somewhere other than where ordered to go).

- Guards can kill a prisoner that tried to detonate their bomb but failed.

We don't have the mod anymore lol

- Guards must NOT plant guns on prisoners, no exceptions.

- Guards cannot enforce the same rules round after round.

- AFK prisoners can be killed with an admin's permission.

- Prisoners are only entitled to heal if the guards agree.

- Prisoners are not entitled to a last request.

"CT's must open cells by 4:20 or be slayed by admin

So what, you're gonna mass slay the entire CT team if the cells are not open by 4:20? Thats stupid dude.

-CT's cannot hold T's in a place which can only be opened from the outside? [solitary on some maps, VIP cell on some maps. Does not include areas which have more than one exit, i.e. VIP on razor]

-CT's may not give orders that serve no purpose. [No moving, No talking, no flashlights etc. etc. etc.]

-CT's and T's may not unnecessarily hold up the round. This is at an admins discretion. [Eliminates LR, thus reducing the number of fag T's easily]

Can you explain this rule more?

Entered my input

I also think we should generalize the rules more:

Example: Any T with a gun can be kill

TBH I don't know why we allowed holstered pistols to begin with.

• Content Count:  881

Alright, time for the public discussion. This is for Discussion, not to flame each other. The AO/BD will have final word on anything.

The rules below have been written up by the Server admins and Advisors. Please post any rules you feel should be added, remove, or reworded. Please keep this thread free of all flaming. Commenting on others post is allowed, just keep it respectful. Also keep in mind, the AO/BD have final word on everything.

Rules Written by SA/CA:

- Guards must give reasonable orders and explain them. (What is reasonable? I mean I find everyone make a triangle and do a dance reasonable)

- Guards can automatically kill prisoners in vents/armoury. (Good)

- Guards cannot give orders that hurt/kill prisoners. (Good)

- Guards can kill prisoners if they have a gun unholstered. (Even Pistols?)

- Guards must warn prisoners with holstered guns to drop them. (Primaries?)

- Guards must give warning shots for non-threatening behaviour (E.g. standing up when told to crouch). (Good)

- Guards can kill prisoners for directly disobeying an order (E.g. running somewhere other than where ordered to go). (Good)

- Guards can kill a prisoner that tried to detonate their bomb but failed. (Obsolete)

- Guards must NOT plant guns on prisoners, no exceptions. (As well T's plant almost as much)

- Guards cannot enforce the same rules round after round. (How many rounds. This needs to be more specific because people will say it applies to 2 rounds seeing as it is a round after a round)

- AFK prisoners can be killed with an admin's permission. (Good)

- Prisoners are only entitled to heal if the guards agree. (Bit unnecessary I mean thats just logic no need to make it a rule)

- Prisoners are not entitled to a last request. (well I would say CT's do not have to give Last Requests, even though some pussy T's will just sit there to get one I think saying it this way will just make them think they're no LR's on the server rather than they can have one at CT's permission)

Standard Rules

- Respect admins and other players or get banned!!!! (good)

- No spamming of any kind (voice or chat). (good)

- No racism of any kind will be tolerated (including racist names/sprays). (good)

- No advertising other servers or clans and do not evade mute by rejoining. (good)

CT's must open cells by 4:20 or be slayed by admin" (NO! Simply put... some maps have it auto open at 4, that should be the time, in case of many rules, rebelling T's or even just a hard time getting in the armory to get good guns and giving rules and getting the cells open in 1 minute.)

-CT's cannot hold T's in a place which can only be opened from the outside? [solitary on some maps, VIP cell on some maps. Does not include areas which have more than one exit, i.e. VIP on razor] (Again No! Why? It is the CT's job to contain and control the T's why shouldn't they? T's generally start with guns and a well done charge can get more guns, don't baby the T's map makers already do that enough.)

-CT's may not give orders that serve no purpose. [No moving, No talking, no flashlights etc. etc. etc.] (Some of those have purpose...Head Count, Gun checks, Giving orders so everyone can hear them. They're a pain in the ass for T's but by no means do they lack purpose.)

-CT's and T's may not unnecessarily hold up the round. This is at an admins discretion. [Eliminates LR, thus reducing the number of fag T's easily] (Yeh...this makes it seem as if LR's are bad, that's not the case, it is people who INTENTIONALLY do not rebel for them versus just not rebelling. I think this rules is not needed, it is a T's right not to want to rebel why do admins get to infringe upon that? I think this rule is one that is too '09 and serves no good purpose and its only reason for being here is because of bitchy dead T's. Well guess what if they had rebelled and killed everyone they wouldnt be dead, or if they had listened to rules they wouldnt be dead...So it's their faults not the other T's.)

That is just my opinion so I think in the end the rules here should become:

- Guards must give reasonable orders that serve a purpose in the containing and controlling of Terrorists, also you must explain them.

- Guards can automatically kill prisoners in vents/armoury.

- Guards cannot give orders that hurt/kill prisoners.

- Guards can kill prisoners if they have a gun unholstered. INCLUDING pistols.

- Guards must warn prisoners with holstered guns to drop them, Primaries EXCLUDED.

- Guards must give warning shots for non-threatening behaviour (E.g. standing up when told to crouch).

- Guards can kill prisoners for directly disobeying an order (E.g. running somewhere other than where ordered to go).

- Guards must NOT plant guns on prisoners, no exceptions. The rule also extends to Terrorists planting other Terrorists to have them killed

- Guards cannot enforce the same rules for more than 3 rounds in a row.

- AFK prisoners can be killed with an admin's permission.

- CT's do not have to give Last Requests.

Standard Rules:

- Respect admins and other players or get banned!!!!

- No spamming of any kind (voice or chat).

- No racism of any kind will be tolerated (including racist names/sprays).

- No advertising other servers or clans and do not evade mute by rejoining.

CT's must open cells by 4:00 or receive punishment

-CT's may not give orders that serve no purpose, No moving, No talking, are allowed if used for purpose.[ no flashlights etc. etc. etc.]

Again it is just my thoughts going by only the 1st post... any other rules i should look at, tear apart, and then spit back out? :p

• Like 8

• Content Count:  11501

As Jacen said, the "Open by 4:20" is just not going to be good. I can just see a fuckton of complaints coming in from admins who ma_slay #ct exactly at 4:19. Also, the "Guards can kill prisoners with an unholstered weapon" and then having "Guards must warn for holstered weapons" doesn't make much sense. I'm sure it's probably just a typing error or something, but just pointing it out. I pretty much agree entirely with Jacen's post / comments.

Thank you though for taking the time to write these out, Obez and CA staff.

• Content Count:  1621

I think that jacen's rules are good and I would like to add that how can ct's open cells by 4:20 (say if your on razer) when t's are out of their cells with guns because the ct's have to go kill them before the rebelling t kills the rest of the ct's.

• Content Count:  1765

Rules Written by SA/CA:

- Guards must give reasonable orders and explain them. Agreed

- Guards can automatically kill prisoners in vents/armoury. See above

- Guards cannot give orders that hurt/kill prisoners. See above

- Guards can kill prisoners if they have a gun unholstered. Maybe only for primaries?

- Guards must warn prisoners with holstered guns to drop them. Agreed

- Guards must give warning shots for non-threatening behaviour (E.g. standing up when told to crouch). See above

- Guards can kill prisoners for directly disobeying an order (E.g. running somewhere other than where ordered to go). See above

- Guards can kill a prisoner that tried to detonate their bomb but failed. See above

- Guards must NOT plant guns on prisoners, no exceptions. See above

- Guards cannot enforce the same rules round after round. Why not?

- AFK prisoners can be killed with an admin's permission. Agreed

- Prisoners are only entitled to heal if the guards agree. See above

- Prisoners are not entitled to a last request. Then what will they do if there's like 2 mins left in the round and they don't rebel?

CT's must open cells by 4:20 or be slayed by admin - Depending on how long the rounds are I say CT's should only have 30 seconds

-CT's cannot hold T's in a place which can only be opened from the outside? [solitary on some maps, VIP cell on some maps. Does not include areas which have more than one exit, i.e. VIP on razor] Disagree, sometimes the T's rebel to easily on some maps so keeping them there is helpful.

-CT's may not give orders that serve no purpose. [No moving, No talking, no flashlights etc. etc. etc.]Agreed

-CT's and T's may not unnecessarily hold up the round. This is at an admins discretion. [Eliminates LR, thus reducing the number of fag T's easily]Agreed, but once again what will they do?

* Also I believe the CT giving orders should have a mic cause some people don't read text at all. Lead CT should be warden (Pb = roleplay) and thus there can be no conflicting orders if other CT's decide to talk (unless designating specific players to drop guns/heal/move/etc)

Reply to Thread