? servers

? players online

Stepping down as President/Owner

• Content Count:  2994

I fuckin loved you man... Haggard, you were the awesome shit, and you still are, we will fucking miss you and I hope this community keeps going.

Good luck in the future and allah speed.

• Content Count:  8754

Hey Haggard,

Glad the move went well. I hope everything is set up now, and that you're doing fine. Hope the kids are doing well also. Although it's sad to see you step down, hopefully it will open up time for yourself for more things, and that you will be able to do well in the future. When I first joined steamgamers, I saw you as the head honcho, who ran the show. You're a really nice guy, and you get/got along with everyone very well. When situations arose, you calmed people down and took care of it. I'm glad that SteamGamers had you as a President/Owner for four years, and you certainly won't be forgotten as the founder and a great President. I'm glad you'll be sticking around and still playing when you have the off-chance, so I'll be able to kill you in surf DM again. Again, good luck in life and all of your future endeavors that you might happen to come across.

See you around.

~Prez

• Content Count:  1026

And another one...

I just want to say thanks for everything, and your a huge part of what SG has become today. These years have been great for everyone, even though ive only been here for a few months. Good Luck with whatever you decide to take on, and make sure to stop in and hangout whenever you can!

• Content Count:  571

To be honest, I would not enjoy CSS or Gmod near as much if it wasn't for SG. By you starting this community, you have not only provided amusment for me, but for thousands and thousands of people who play on the servers everyday. Thanks Haggard.

• Content Count:  4162

Well shit, I will always remember where you would rage at me in GG and Reg, fucking edge noob me in napalm, noob it up in BFBC2, kareoke nights, scrim teamed (even though you somewhat managed XPL at some point), the leave of absense toward the three BDs(and randomly show up in PB), but most importantly, all your typos we laugh at :). But honestly, thank you for every thing you've done. You fucking old bastard.

• Content Count:  2504

This is a sad day for me but is long overdue. It is time for me to step down as well. I have devoted over 4 years of my life to forming and growing the community and really just want to enjoy the friendships I have formed here without exerting myself or worrying about the next big decision or drama. I am leaving the community in good hands with Garfield who is doing his best to promote and expand this community. Let me state this now, this is not good bye as I love this community and still consider SG my baby. I am just tired of changing its diapers. I mean fuck your four years old now use your big boy potties.

To be honest, I could have done this a few weeks ago but its hard to let go of something you have ran and loved for so long. I remember in the early days I thought this would be a fun hobby for a few months and maybe if I tried hard I could get a few followers and (1) popular server. Little did I know that over that time I would meet so many amazing people and that the community would flourish. I consider all of you my friends and want to keep those friendships. I have enjoyed the games and conversations I have had with all of you on vent. It really is amazing to be able to talk to people half way around the world and still be able to find something in common. Shit, I never knew I would have so much fun making fun of Brits (fucking islanders). This has been a great experience for me and one I will always cherish.

A lot of you don’t know this but I have gone through some hard times in the last 4 years of my life and this community was always my escape from reality and my way of blowing off steam. This was the perfect hobby and distraction for me. Some people have given so much to this community and supported me for so long I don’t know if there are words to show my gratitude. I guess all I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. If I ever needed anything I knew my friends online would be there for me even if it was just some advise or laughter. Some of you I would consider my true friends even though I have never met you in person which is odd because most people I know IRL I would not trust as much as some of my online friends, you guys know who you are.

I know this may come as a shock to some of you but it honestly is in the best interest of the community as I no longer have time to run this place. It is time for the second generation of SG to step up and keep this place going. Red and I will be sipping margaritas on the beach while collecting our SG social security checks but be assured we will be checking in on you guys from time to time.

Take care of SG for me and I will see you all on vent in the near future. Thank you to everyone who has supported SG.

I salute you!

You have done great things for us, and I am proud of them. Good luck sir.

Reply to Thread