? servers

? players online

New Rank Structure - Q&A

• Content Count:  8754

Do you need to already have experience to apply for Jr TA or is the rank open for people with no prior experience who would like to learn? I know it says to help out and learn but I wasn't sure if you needed to have at least some experience already

Applications are open to anyone who wants to apply. We will obviously judge every applicant based on what we are looking for experience-wise, but I wouldn't say you're absolutely out of the running without any. If you have a drive and willingness to learn we could always consider that as a good thing :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6759

Public, save for Community Advisor.

Just to clarify this:

Media, Technical, Marketing, and Events teams - open to public

Game Divisions and Community Advisor - eligible to apply at Senior Administrator rank; not open to public

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2162

I know someone had mentioned that a mapping team might be a good idea for the community. Was wondering if this was under discussion by the BDs at all, because Ive been meaning to get into mapping but havent had the motivation to do it on my own. Think it would be cool if we could present a new map for the servers fairly regularly so that the servers dont lack new map choices.

• Content Count:  45

I know someone had mentioned that a mapping team might be a good idea for the community. Was wondering if this was under discussion by the BDs at all, because Ive been meaning to get into mapping but havent had the motivation to do it on my own. Think it would be cool if we could present a new map for the servers fairly regularly so that the servers dont lack new map choices.

I think this could fit in with the event team but regardless it would be cool to see.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6759

Is there a “recommended” experience level for the technical team?

There's no really recommended experience level. We're open to seeing what type of experience everyone has when they apply for the rank.

Rank is still being discussed. We're not prioritizing the new suggestions but we are interested in making them possible teams in the future.

Depending on the work of people on the Technical Team, is there possibility for payment, especially with things like developing custom plugins? Or is the work entirely volunteer based?

The work is entirely voluntary. All of our TAs are at their respective ranks because they want to offer help for free. Every single admin rank in this system is volunteer based.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3178

The work is entirely voluntary slavery. All of our TAs are at their respective ranks because they want to offer help for free got fed poorly and had to work 24/7 without seeing daylight.

Fixed that for you.

Just kidding

I love improving SG, which is why I've been TA for so long.

And if you think you can help out, and want to gain some experience Tech-wise, do apply!

• Like 25

• Content Count:  2959

This sounds like a great plan that will address one of the major downsides of the old structure that drove even me crazy when I was a CA, but there's one major problem: The color scheme doesn't look like LSD Power Rangers.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread