? servers

? players online

Primary Rule on JB

• Content Count:  5377

Its 2 seconds, it allows people to get away and maybe the rebelling T can then pick it up. It's not a perfect system but it's better than murdering 6 ts.

Or maybe make it so it doesnt auto pickup, you would have to press E to grab a gun.

Great now I can decide between getting killed for being stacked or killed for disobeying the freeze order....

Second quote was already discussed in the aforementioned thread that's linked in here.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1987

Maybe you can add a plugin in which picking up a dropped weapon is "locked" for like 2-3 seconds before picking it up, this will probably give them enough time to leave the area and not be shot by the cts.

I wouldn’t find this to be fair because in a lot of situations a t knifes a ct and immediately picks up the gun and tries to go on from there. To have the gun locked would hugely impact the way ts play.

• Content Count:  209

I wouldn’t find this to be fair because in a lot of situations a t knifes a ct and immediately picks up the gun and tries to go on from there. To have the gun locked would hugely impact the way ts play.

Well, the point of the weapon being "locked" is so that 4-6 ts don't die picking up the weapon,not to stop the t from picking it up to kill cts.

• Content Count:  1987

Well, the point of the weapon being "locked" is so that 4-6 ts don't die picking up the weapon,not to stop the t from picking it up to kill cts.

Yeah but like what someone stated earlier is that it should be common sense for a ct to give one a second to get rid of the gun since it’s dropped in the whole crowd of people but unfortunately isn’t.

• Content Count:  5377

As soon as you can write a plug-in that would determine a players intent automatically this would be feasible (never.)

Bottom line this is a non issue. As stated before if it's occurring every round either record and post a player complaint or let an admin handle it. Coming up with hamfisted solutions for a nuanced set of scenarios like this will only lead to further complications.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

This has been answered multiple times and unfortunately there isnt a good solution to this issue. Coupled with the fact that it's not a common every round occurrence our best advise is to get away from the guy with the gun if you don't want to die. Even if your supposed to be frozen you can't be straight gunned down for moving away though you may take some warning shot damage but better then getting gunned down in my opinion.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1920

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

At this point, it's more of an honor code thing compared to a rule thing. This rule has been in place for as long as I can remember. I also remember when I was like 15-16 (2-3 years ago) most CTs would actually be pretty lenient and give Ts a chance to drop the primary if they involuntarily got passed the gun from a T-mate's death or T-mate throwing the gun to them. But, nowadays it seems most CTs will just focus more on their K/D and just get the kills. The most you can do is give a little leniency in situations where it's obvious the T has no control over getting the run. And when you're on T, just try to stay away from the person with the primary unless you are rebelling.

• Content Count:  3294

Couldn't have said it better myself.

At this point, it's more of an honor code thing compared to a rule thing. This rule has been in place for as long as I can remember. I also remember when I was like 15-16 (2-3 years ago) most CTs would actually be pretty lenient and give Ts a chance to drop the primary if they involuntarily got passed the gun from a T-mate's death or T-mate throwing the gun to them. But, nowadays it seems most CTs will just focus more on their K/D and just get the kills. The most you can do is give a little leniency in situations where it's obvious the T has no control over getting the run. And when you're on T, just try to stay away from the person with the primary unless you are rebelling.

I wasn't around in the 15-16 days, but what it was like back then doesn't work now. Nowadays if you give a T some time they might drop it, or they'll easily gun you and a few other CT's down. On top of that, lots of CT's aren't looking out for their teammates nor do they pay attention to enforce. In today's Jailbreak we have a lot more power hungry CT who only care about getting kills and feeling dominant. So you're right, the only problem with this is the CT's who want kills and the T's who won't just move away like @Fuze said.

• Content Count:  916

What's the thoughts on picking up guns only with E? It could be broken on some maps, but it could be fixed by adjusting the weapons location. If you could only pick up guns with E it would solve gunplanting issues.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1920

What's the thoughts on picking up guns only with E? It could be broken on some maps, but it could be fixed by adjusting the weapons location. If you could only pick up guns with E it would solve gunplanting issues.

There's pros to that but many more cons imo. Would be more of a nuisance to remember to do that more than anything. Maybe just me.

Reply to Thread