? servers

? players online

Sleeping

• Content Count:  3294

Something thats always worked for me is having some sort of white noise whether it be a fan or just the sound of crickets from outside.

I turn on a podcast on low volume, low enough for me to hear but it also lets my mind roam and fall asleep

If your schedule is so messed up that you go to sleep at 6 AM and want to fix that as fast as possible, then you can also just pull a 30-hour. Wake up at 2 PM, and try to stay away until 10 PM the next day. Source: I work 12 hour night and day shifts.

If you're doing this I suggest to not go to sleep at 10PM, for the risk that if you don't wake up timely the next morning you could sleep 12+ hours possibly. If you can't reliably wake up, pull and all-nighter and then go to sleep around 6 the next day to ensure you wake up properly.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  586

If your schedule is so messed up that you go to sleep at 6 AM and want to fix that as fast as possible, then you can also just pull a 30-hour. Wake up at 2 PM, and try to stay away until 10 PM the next day. Source: I work 12 hour night and day shifts.

This works to fix your sleep schedule for sure. Did before joining the military because I knew I was going to be waking up at 5am every morning. Just remember to set alarms in the morning not to fuck it up again. Even if you go to bed late one night, wake up at the same time you would normally and take like a 30min nap during the day, if you really need to, and then go to bed at your normal time.

It you can't fall asleep for 30min, I suggest getting out of bed and walking a bit, maybe sit on the couch and read. Don't look at any screens, just try to do something relaxing that doesn't involve you being on your bed for like 20min and then try to sleep again.

Also get some fresh air during the day, during quarantine people stay in their rooms a lot and it's not healthy. Go for a run or a walk if you don't have any gym/sport equipment at home. Times are getting warmer so you can do more activities outside. Just try to get out of room for a couple of hours a day.

If you take naps, only take 15-30min naps, dont go over that even if you wake up tired after because your body will go through a full cycle of sleep if you don't and that definitely won't help you fall asleep at night. Just remember to RESPECT YOUR ALARMS.

• Like 1
Edited by Will.

• Content Count:  1952

I always took melatonin and just shut my phone off and tried sleeping. If that doesn't work I would stay awake the entire night and the next day then just pass out the time it turns nighttime.

• Content Count:  6759

I take melatonin. ZZquils gummies are pretty good. That or copious amounts of whiskey. I usually only average 5-6 hours.

This minus the whiskey for me. I need my liver.

I've used Olly and Pacifica gummies though

• Like 1

Reply to Thread