? servers

? players online

T Delay

• Content Count:  550

In my eyes. All I see is that the T is just being a dick by playing like that. In the end, It is within the rules as of right now and as @Asher Mentioned, It is kind of like how innocents in TTT can hide the whole round. The T in this case is KOS for not following orders and the CT's have full right to kill them once they are found. I see that it is the CT's fault for letting the T slip away and hiding for so long instead of maintaining order within the T's.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

In my eyes. All I see is that the T is just being a dick by playing like that. In the end, It is within the rules as of right now and as @Asher Mentioned, It is kind of like how innocents in TTT can hide the whole round. The T in this case is KOS for not following orders and the CT's have full right to kill them once they are found. I see that it is the CT's fault for letting the T slip away and hiding for so long instead of maintaining order within the T's.

The difference between TTT and JB is that innocents are incentivized to survive, while prisoners are meant to take over the prison or rebel. Sitting in a cell is doing neither of those things. Also, you can’t really blame the CTs because not only is checking all the cells a waste of time and difficult, but certain cells are just difficult to access or check without dying (VIP cells on revamp/razor).

• Content Count:  272

I think adding more rules that require certain specific criteria to be met is more confusing and unnecessary.

So then add a rule where delaying rounds isn't allowed whether you're a T or CT. This doesn't add any specific criteria and allows the admins to determine if the T is truly delaying, because there are situations where they clearly are only doing it to delay the round.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  498

It’s not major enough and while it might happen it’s not too common. @Disparity I’m pretty sure this was discussed before and got denied for the same exact reason as I stated.

The difference between TTT and JB is that innocents are incentivized to survive, while prisoners are meant to take over the prison or rebel. Sitting in a cell is doing neither of those things. Also, you can’t really blame the CTs because not only is checking all the cells a waste of time and difficult, but certain cells are just difficult to access or check without dying (VIP cells on revamp/razor).
while yes it’s hard to check these cells it’s not impossible to kill the t in those cells, there shouldn’t be a rule stating you have to kill the cts. Yeah it’s true it’s the point of rebeling but just not being there and not following orders should be enough to make the cts check over their shoulders and be ready for an attack
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  820

I would lean more towards the side of allowing this since the Ts don't have a requirement to rebel. A T sitting in a corner the entire round takes up the same amount of time as a T following orders the entire round, minus lr. Even then, the T can play his lr slow to soak up time.

Time isn't the issue, it's just boring as a CT. But I've never witnessed a round where a T hides in an area the entire round and the CTs are unable to find him. This really doesn't seem like that big of an issue. There's also no reason we should force our admins to punish a T for hiding in a corner. It's the T's choice.

@Dominic @Bacon @Infinityward can we get an official ruling?

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1030

I would lean more towards the side of allowing this since the Ts don't have a requirement to rebel. A T sitting in a corner the entire round takes up the same amount of time as a T following orders the entire round, minus lr. Even then, the T can play his lr slow to soak up time.

Time isn't the issue, it's just boring as a CT. But I've never witnessed a round where a T hides in an area the entire round and the CTs are unable to find him. This really doesn't seem like that big of an issue. There's also no reason we should force our admins to punish a T for hiding in a corner. It's the T's choice.

@Dominic @Bacon @Infinityward can we get an official ruling?

I was playing earlier with Disparity, and there was one T (who shall not be named) who camped for three rounds while the remaining two CTs scoured the map, but was unable to find him. A lot of people were complaining about it and flaming said T, but after I private messaged him and jokingly yelled at him to stop being such a pussy, he didn't do it for any more rounds after that. I think that overall this sort of scenario doesn't happen too often, and I agree with Tyymunk, in saying that Ts shouldn't be punished for delaying.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  701

I 100% agree. i don't think that we need to add a rule saying t's cannot camp. It's their choice if they want to. If they sit in their cell and camp and don't follow orders they are kos so if they do end up revealing themselves they can be killed. Why make extra rules for something that isn't even a huge issue. By time he is the last t the round will be over or at least almost over. I don't think this is that much of a pressing issue.

Not an official response. Just my personal thoughts.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1633

Taking a shot in the dark here since I don't really play, but would a rule enforcing Ts to actively pursue once LR plugin is activated make sense? At that point in the round I'd imagine they'd have enough time to do whatever they wanted and set themselves up in a position to rebel.

Again, very inexperienced take here, but maybe that could help?

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  3294

I was playing earlier with Disparity, and there was one T (who shall not be named) who camped for three rounds while the remaining two CTs scoured the map, but was unable to find him. A lot of people were complaining about it and flaming said T, but after I private messaged him and jokingly yelled at him to stop being such a pussy, he didn't do it for any more rounds after that. I think that overall this sort of scenario doesn't happen too often, and I agree with Tyymunk, in saying that Ts shouldn't be punished for delaying.

This is exactly what I told Vanya how I thought this thread was created. Someone was inconvenienced slightly in a few rounds of a map, or maybe a night, and a rule change is demanded. This is not a problem on our servers, it happens so little that people, me, literally forget about it.

Taking a shot in the dark here since I don't really play, but would a rule enforcing Ts to rebel/pursue guards once LR plugin is activated make sense? At that point in the round I'd imagine they'd have enough time to do whatever they wanted and set themselves up in a position to rebel.

Again, very inexperienced take here, but maybe that could help?

Most rebellers are already trying to kill the CTs, with pistols or their primaries. Additionally, LR time is also a prime time for Ts to intervene and kill the unsuspecting CT, so most would already be going for the kill. It is an interesting idea so I actually wouldn't mind it.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread