? servers

? players online

TTT Suggestion's

• Content Count:  432

I will start this off by saying all the hard work the staff team has been putting into the TTT Server really shows and looks amazing, but I personally feel there are some flaws as every game mode with have. So I don't want to come off rude or anything in this post to anyone just want to try and see if some things can be changed as of right now. Thank you!

Traitors:

• As Gentoo and Alex have already stated we all know the meta for what the Traitors are using during the rounds and how quickly it is for them to get it, I do believe that the price for the Silent AWP itself should go up to at least 300 credits, so this way at the very beginning of the round not every traitor is using a Silent AWP. This would force them to have to be smart about there moves and who to kill to gain the extra credits to afford the AWP. The reason behind my thinking is what if there are 3 traitors and each one buys an AWP at the beginning of the round, as in there goes 12 kills. (If they hit there shots) We can no longer kos off awps and have to basically wait for them to shoot so we can see them either re-chamber a bullet or a bullet mark towards the target they were aiming for. Overall I do believe it should be a little more difficult for them to get there hands on it. The M4A1-S I do not have an issue with at all, as its still pretty basic and not as hard to be noticed and can be spotted pretty easy once someone is shot or spotted with it.
  • I don't know if anyone has been on lately that uses the forums but if you do then you can tell that Trip Mines have become pretty explosive and very easy to get your hands on by the right person who knows what they're doing with them. A good example would be "Here comes the chin" every round he is a Traitor he would buy as many trip mines as he can and place them on the afk players. This would cause a chain reaction on the trip mines with a lot of damage, as I do not believe should be intended to be place on the map 8 times every 30 seconds. On a map like close quarters or Highschool they can do some serious damage very early into the round. I do believe they should be raised to 75 or 100 credits, so they're not everywhere in the first 20 seconds of the map.
  • Hurt Stations not many people are a fan of using this but when someone puts it into a little corner with other players it does some serious damage, as you lose 35 Health every 2 seconds so in a span of 6 seconds you are more then likely dead, as well when testing it it does damage in groups, for 50 credits and some acting you could really pull off a major amount of damage, in a short time frame for that amount of credits. I do believe this should go up to 150 to 200 credits instead of 50. This doesn't get used as much but I do believe that this can be a very useful Traitor Item if used carefully. 

Event Idea's:

• Think we all can agree TTT can use some more event idea's as we all love please bring more Karma events, as from someone that has played with both Karma systems and use to strive to be on the top of the leaderboards every time please bring more Uncap Karma events. As they really do drive the competition on the server and would want more players to keep playing through out the day or night. 
  • TTT Hide and Seek I remember this was something I wanted to do about a year and half ago and we as players have been doing it late at night when there are very few players on, think this would be a lot of fun to coordinate as TTT does have a bigger population and could be a big hit at the end of the day but would take some time to code so Traitors can't be killed for finding the Innocents.
  • I mean even doing fun rounds for an hour or two is something that can be fun for everyone on TTT as some SM's do hop on and do a couple but making an event of it would be great to see and seeing other SM's come and hang out. 

At the end of this please take into consideration, I know somethings want be given but I do believe some stuff does need to be change, Hope to see comments and other suggestions from everyone, I keep trying to figure out what else we could do for the detective but other then that, Thank you for reading! -Hunter

• Like 6
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  430

19 minutes ago, ImHunterIRL said:

I don't know if anyone has been on lately that uses the forums but if you do then you can tell that Trip Mines have become pretty explosive and very easy to get your hands on by the right person who knows what they're doing with them.

20 minutes ago, ImHunterIRL said:

Hurt Stations not many people are a fan of using this but when someone puts it into a little corner with other players it does some serious damage, as you lose 35 Health every 2 seconds so in a span of 6 seconds you are more then likely dead, as well when testing it it does damage in groups, for 50 credits and some acting you could really pull off a major amount of damage, in a short time frame for that amount of credits.

The fact that these two items have potential to inflict a good amount of damage doesn't necessarily mean that they should be expensive purchases. These are completely out-of-meta items at the moment and as you stated, only a few people actually buy them. Keeping them at a lower price is done on purpose to encourage their use. 

If I may ask, what's the benefit in doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling the cost of an item if its barely bought in the first place? 

27 minutes ago, Toasty said:

The fact that these two items have potential to inflict a good amount of damage doesn't necessarily mean that they should be expensive purchases. These are completely out-of-meta items at the moment and as you stated, only a few people actually buy them. Keeping them at a lower price is done on purpose to encourage their use. 

If I may ask, what's the benefit in doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling the cost of an item if its barely bought in the first place? 

I wouldn't consider the Trip mines "out-of-meta" as its uses very frequently by a lot of players, I just named one player who is a good example at what they can do if that's all you do with them. I'm not saying make them these credits i'm just making a suggestion for the most part of what I believe at the current state and what I see day to day on TTT. As well for the Hurt station just believe they will need a overall nerf in the future once players do Figure out how it can be a meta and abuse it to the most or confuse new detectives that its there Heal Station, and cause a mass rdm on the server and everything its just little things I see happening later on. As in someone trying to destroy the microwave and getting killed by other players just so I don't confuse anyone.

edit: Its not really about the damage but at the same time its something that shouldn't be so easily able to abuse around, and as easily obtain.

Edited by ImHunterIRL

58 minutes ago, f0x said:

you forgot to mention haste rounds

I Personal Love Haste rounds, I like the idea and how it was excuted, makes Traitors have to think about where and when and just get to it, not sitting in a corner for 3 minutes waiting for a spotlight to shine. What do you feel needs to be change or what about it do you not like @f0x?

Edited by ImHunterIRL

• Content Count:  482

57 minutes ago, ImHunterIRL said:

• I do believe that the price for the Silent AWP itself should go up to at least 300 credits, so this way at the very beginning of the round not every traitor is using a Silent AWP. This would force them to have to be smart about there moves and who to kill to gain the extra credits to afford the AWP. The reason behind my thinking is what if there are 3 traitors and each one buys an AWP at the beginning of the round, as in there goes 12 kills. (If they hit there shots) We can no longer kos off awps and have to basically wait for them to shoot so we can see them either re-chamber a bullet or a bullet mark towards the target they were aiming for. Overall I do believe it should be a little more difficult for them to get there hands on it. 

You have to take into consideration that you only have 4 shots when you buy the silent awp... which is obviously a fair amount of ammo for something you can buy at the beginning of every round, if chosen as a Traitor of course. Buffing the price to 300 I just don’t see the point in doing because, like I said “you only get 4 shots” and not every player can hit every bullet. You say that almost every traitor at the beginning of the round buys an awp, I don’t necessarily agree with this for multiple reasons. To start off, every player has different metas, for example some people like to buy the M4A1S after killing one person (I’m one of those people) and some like to buy maybe a breach charge and etc. The point I’m trying to get across is the awp isn’t as op as you really think it is, if a person buys an aw at the beginning of the round then so be it. But after all those 4 bullets are gone, they usually will never have enough to buy a second one (myself personally haven’t seen someone buy 2 awps in one round) leaving the awp at it’s current price is the more appropriate road to take in my opinion.

I also just wanted to add to this, if we really are starting to think the silent awp is op for some reason, bring the regular awp back with the same amount of ammo and price it had, before the TTT revamp occurred. Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, ImHunterIRL said:

The M4A1-S I do not have an issue with at all, as its still pretty basic and not as hard to be noticed and can be spotted pretty easy once someone is shot or spotted with it.

I also wanted to touch up on this, if you say you have no issue with the M4A1S when seeing people holding it, why isn’t it the same case with the awp? A lot of times, it’s really easy to figure out if that person literally just bought an awp, because half of the time, it’s pretty obvious catching someone buy one. There’s no difference to the M4A1S if you really think about it, if someone is holding an awp in front of me, shoots and ends up missing. A big way to catch that is watching the person load the next bullet, which is easily spottable most of the time. 

Either than these couple things that caught my eye, I like your other suggestions Hunter, and I’m glad you’re back getting involved within the community again. :thumb:

• Content Count:  1633

Way to criticize my perfect server, dick.

I'll talk to Gentoo about these but I'll drop my initial impressions on your comments here (in order) before I go to bed. I haven't been on the server much lately though so I'll have to take it up with the team.

Traitors

1) I'm down to reevaluate the price of the Silent AWP

2) Tripmine prices got fucked when we threw together a solution for the item issues. I enjoyed when it was a 3 mine purchase but for some reason it would instantly place down all three. Rather than changing the price, here's a potential alternate solution: I can change the cvar of the # of tripmines a traitor can purchase.

3) Just like the first point I'm down to reevaluate the price

Events

1) Intend on getting a karma contest out hopefully soon?

2) I will look into this. I think I talked to some ECs about an event along the lines of this and I think it would be really cool.

3) Sure when I'm online.

Also, since someone brought up haste rounds, do you guys actually like these? I've heard mixed reactions from them. Do you guys think its too harsh on traitors? Let me know.

• Like 2
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  482

7 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Also, since someone brought up haste rounds, do you guys actually like these? I've heard mixed reactions from them. Do you guys think its too harsh on traitors? Let me know.

I love haste rounds, period. It actually gives traitors the opportunity to take action quickly, because some players in normal rounds, are hesitant and delay, but with haste rounds they don’t have that option and I like that a lot. Haste rounds just in general are fun, and I’m glad they were implemented. Adds a little paprika to the server.

Edited by Arctic

• Content Count:  922

5 hours ago, Kieran said:

Even though i haven't been on TTT much recently, the idea of haste rounds is cool, it makes you have to think fast and is a good change of pace for the traitors. Innos hiding on haste rounds is about the only problem for traitors that I can think of, but I haven't really seen anybody say that, so it's going pretty well imo.

edit: since it could be troublesome for Ts, maybe we can lower the price of radar or increase sprint speed/time (only larger maps with more hiding spots) since the time's pretty low for them

Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  568

5 hours ago, Kieran said:

It's a decent way of switching up the pace of some rounds, but personally I hate these when I get them on my T round. It sort of forces me to pick up the pace of killing people and for larger maps with more hiding spots it also forces me to buy a radar as I only have x amount of minutes left rather than the usual 5.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread