? servers

? players online

TTT Suggestion's

• Content Count:  154

1 hour ago, Amazing said:

It's a decent way of switching up the pace of some rounds, but personally I hate these when I get them on my T round. It sort of forces me to pick up the pace of killing people and for larger maps with more hiding spots it also forces me to buy a radar as I only have x amount of minutes left rather than the usual 5.

I agree with Amazing it’s an interesting concept but I feel bad for the Ts since like he stated if your on a larger map it’s pretty hard to find the innos and your forced to buy stuff to find the Ts. Which is completely fine it’s just maybe just make the Haste Rounds longer? Just make it so the Ts have some time on the larger maps.

• Content Count:  1051

6 hours ago, Kieran said:

Also, since someone brought up haste rounds, do you guys actually like these? I've heard mixed reactions from them. Do you guys think its too harsh on traitors? Let me know.

Haste rounds aren't the best, nor are they the worst. I genuinely think that there need's to be an even more clear version of the haste round count. I know you guy's did this by putting it on the top of the screen, but it is still very easy to miss. I think there needs to be a GFX, (EX. TRAITORS WIN screen) before the round starts saying *HASTE ROUND BEGINS!* or something along those lines that is a clear indication that a haste round has started.

Other than that haste rounds are fine.

• Content Count:  587

8 hours ago, ImHunterIRL said:
  • As Gentoo and Alex have already stated we all know the meta for what the Traitors are using during the rounds and how quickly it is for them to get it, I do believe that the price for the Silent AWP itself should go up to at least 300 credits, so this way at the very beginning of the round not every traitor is using a Silent AWP. This would force them to have to be smart about there moves and who to kill to gain the extra credits to afford the AWP. The reason behind my thinking is what if there are 3 traitors and each one buys an AWP at the beginning of the round, as in there goes 12 kills. (If they hit there shots) We can no longer kos off awps and have to basically wait for them to shoot so we can see them either re-chamber a bullet or a bullet mark towards the target they were aiming for. Overall I do believe it should be a little more difficult for them to get there hands on it. The M4A1-S I do not have an issue with at all, as its still pretty basic and not as hard to be noticed and can be spotted pretty easy once someone is shot or spotted with it.
  •  

Don't worry; some of us are braindead anyways and use a glock the whole time :)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  331

Your lack of commas makes this so hard to read.

I like the idea of raising the AWP price. My problem with it is the accessibility and ease of use. The AWP is notoriously easy to use (point & click,) so adding a price gap of actually killing someone fixes my complaint with it.

M4A1-S is fine.

Hurt station is fine (although odd that it reaches through walls, with no way of getting out of its range if there are people blocking you, as well as breaking it can get you killed because "oh its a health station.")

Trip-mines should be 75 creds imo. 50 is 3 free at the start of the round. Killing someone and IDing their body gives you 2 more. Also a limit on max (maybe 5 or 6, 3 is too scarce.)

7 hours ago, Kieran said:

1) Intend on getting a karma contest out hopefully soon?

I'm trying so hard in this.

• Content Count:  432

7 hours ago, Arctic said:

You have to take into consideration that you only have 4 shots when you buy the silent awp... which is obviously a fair amount of ammo for something you can buy at the beginning of every round, if chosen as a Traitor of course. Buffing the price to 300 I just don’t see the point in doing because, like I said “you only get 4 shots” and not every player can hit every bullet. You say that almost every traitor at the beginning of the round buys an awp, I don’t necessarily agree with this for multiple reasons. To start off, every player has different metas, for example some people like to buy the M4A1S after killing one person (I’m one of those people) and some like to buy maybe a breach charge and etc. The point I’m trying to get across is the awp isn’t as op as you really think it is, if a person buys an aw at the beginning of the round then so be it. But after all those 4 bullets are gone, they usually will never have enough to buy a second one (myself personally haven’t seen someone buy 2 awps in one round) leaving the awp at it’s current price is the more appropriate road to take in my opinion.

I also just wanted to add to this, if we really are starting to think the silent awp is op for some reason, bring the regular awp back with the same amount of ammo and price it had, before the TTT revamp occurred. Just a thought. 

I also wanted to touch up on this, if you say you have no issue with the M4A1S when seeing people holding it, why isn’t it the same case with the awp? A lot of times, it’s really easy to figure out if that person literally just bought an awp, because half of the time, it’s pretty obvious catching someone buy one. There’s no difference to the M4A1S if you really think about it, if someone is holding an awp in front of me, shoots and ends up missing. A big way to catch that is watching the person load the next bullet, which is easily spottable most of the time. 

Either than these couple things that caught my eye, I like your other suggestions Hunter, and I’m glad you’re back getting involved within the community again. :thumb:

Yes you may only have 4 shots with the Silent AWP but still lets change the perspective for a second, lets say we are playing on the map called peach castle and someone goes to the top of the tower, right there that player has 4 shots he can take without being noticed nor players can see the weapon he was, I have to jiggle peak backwards just to hopefully see if the player will miss and I can see a bullet mark. At the end of the day I don't believe Traitors should have the option of buying it straight away as We can't kill them for having it unless the other player can prove its their AWP at that second. I believe Traitors should have to at least get two kills into the round to be able to buy the Silent AWP, as then it makes the traitors have to decide how they want to get the two kills and still stay low on the Innocents and Detective's Radar. You did say " if someone is holding an awp in front of me, shoots and ends up missing. A big way to catch that is watching the person load the next bullet, which is easily spottable most of the time." Correct but you also got to think about the Community side of things, Players higher in skill know these things and can recognize it but the other 70% of the community that doesn't see it or don't know what they are looking for either just sits there or gets no-scoped by the traitor cause the innocent is waiting for something to happen but doesn't realize he is being shot. 

You brought up the M4A1-S and how I made the comment its easily noticeable, and if that was the case why don't I watch every player that buys an AWP and wait for them to do something. You're correct if someone has an AWP 90% of the time they're a traitor unless they called it out they picked it up from another Traitor, but a M4A1-S you can hear shooting and more then likely when the Traitor is spotted with it, is gonna start shooting at you, that's why I don't have an issue with it.

7 hours ago, Kieran said:

Way to criticize my perfect server, dick.

I'll talk to Gentoo about these but I'll drop my initial impressions on your comments here (in order) before I go to bed. I haven't been on the server much lately though so I'll have to take it up with the team.

Traitors

1) I'm down to reevaluate the price of the Silent AWP

2) Tripmine prices got fucked when we threw together a solution for the item issues. I enjoyed when it was a 3 mine purchase but for some reason it would instantly place down all three. Rather than changing the price, here's a potential alternate solution: I can change the cvar of the # of tripmines a traitor can purchase.

3) Just like the first point I'm down to reevaluate the price

Events

1) Intend on getting a karma contest out hopefully soon?

2) I will look into this. I think I talked to some ECs about an event along the lines of this and I think it would be really cool.

3) Sure when I'm online.

Also, since someone brought up haste rounds, do you guys actually like these? I've heard mixed reactions from them. Do you guys think its too harsh on traitors? Let me know.

:(

Sounds good, I don't really have much to say to this, but thank you for taking into consideration, hopefully this thread has some good information for you.

1 hour ago, Kit-Kat-Tat said:

I agree with Amazing it’s an interesting concept but I feel bad for the Ts since like he stated if your on a larger map it’s pretty hard to find the innos and your forced to buy stuff to find the Ts. Which is completely fine it’s just maybe just make the Haste Rounds longer? Just make it so the Ts have some time on the larger maps.

If thats the case, maybe traitors on Haste Rounds can automatically get Radar and not have to buy it so then they're already moving to where they need to be at that time, think that be a cool idea you could do for Haste Rounds that would benefit the whole community. I don't believe Haste Rounds should be longer in my opinion as they're meant for the traitors to work together and start making moves. They're so many ways to communicate with your traitor buddy's as a whole in either Traitor Voice Chat or even just typing in team chat, if used correctly traitors would win 90% of the rounds, but you don't see that as players like to think they are Hercules and can kill all 15-20 innocents without being spotted. Just my opinion on that.

• Content Count:  249

The AWP needs nerfed. That's about all I can say. It's extremely tiring getting killed by people who run down the longest hallway and can just stare at people and get 4 free kills.

Personally, I don't think tripmines and Hurt Stations are that good. There are really only 2 types of traitors on TTT and those are the people who buy Silent Awp and just get 4 free kills, or people who go with whatever the troll meta is (Around this time in TTT it's just breach charges). I haven't been the most active playing on TTT but from what I remember is that the tripmines are one of the items that get thrown around by 1 person, used for that map for about every round and some people join in, then goes back to being not used for a bit. It may be a good item when a skilled player uses a tripmine such as '"Here comes dat chin" but most of the time the limited system of having to buy then place and buy again makes it hard to get away and place another one. It can be devastating if used correctly but only on two to three maps that it can really have an advantage compared to the Silent Awp.

The Hurt Station one really makes no sense to me. I think I've ever been killed by 1 twice when I ran up and went AFK not looking at my health. It's pretty easy to spot when a microwave pops out of someone's shoes and they scatter away.  I feel like the Hurt Station is one of the more balanced items talked about in this thread. If you ever die to a Hurt Station I feel as if you should feel bad about yourself and not get upset about the pricing being too low. It clearly gives time to break the machine after you see it take a chunk away from your health or if someone falls down while running on top of it.

For haste rounds the only thing I have to say is that it's a nice change of pace. Even though I blank and forget about it being a haste round most of the time, it still helps out with the rounds that occur with one clueless T who has 0 kills with 2 minutes left in the round. The rounds actaully make T's kill people instead of wait for 2 minutes before shooting their first bullet.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1583

Holy shit Hypno contributing positively to a thread.

I'll start with the AWP. The choice to have it purchase able at the start of the round was intentional. I don't think requiring kills or IDs is going to significantly balance it anyways. Taking away any more ammo would make it pretty weak as the majority of players are only able to get 2 kills on average before whiffing their shots or being killed. What I will say is that I'm not happy with the conditions for which it's KOS. I think it's very annoying that people can walk around with such a powerful T weapon that you almost can't see being used without tracers. We've had this discussion before and it's either gotta be KOS entirely or remain in the current state. I'd like to hear what you guys think about this. Bear in mind that the "reward" for innos killing a T and picking this up is usually 0-3 shots of an unsilenced AWP.

As for the tripmines and hurt station, we deliberately tried to make these dirt cheap because nobody would use them. Yes, they can be fairly powerful if someone knows how to use them, but nobody does, either because they don't want to mess with finicky binds or just prefer sticking to whatever is easy and in meta. I'd consider adding a limit to trip mines if they get out of hand, but I really don't see that happening.

As for haste rounds, I think it's pretty clear that they're working as intended: putting the pressure on Ts to act swiftly and keeping rounds from dragging. When these were first implemented, Ts would often end up with more time than they would in a normal round so we really pushed to get these challenging. I can understand how they can be more difficult on larger maps with more hiding spots so Kieran and I will look at increasing the multiplier for the round start time on haste rounds. Another outlandish idea I had for haste rounds was to make every round a haste round and disable kill punishments/bonuses. In effect this would just determine round time by the number of players, keeping low pop rounds from dragging for 5 minutes and giving traitors some extra wiggle room when the server's at capacity. I don't think many people people would be a fan of this, but feel free to share thoughts on it if you have any.

Kieran and I are watching this conversation closely, as with any discussion, so continue to leave feedback on the topics if you feel passionately about them.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  178

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here.

The silent awp is fucking overpowered. Like Hypno said, it is extremely frustrating when you die to a silent awp and can't do anything about it. On top of this, people that see you die can't do anything either. When TTT has 15 or more players, silent awps are being thrown around like dollar bills at a strip club. Everyone and their mothers are using them. Imagine 5 traitors shooting silent awps from 5 different angles. That is complete hell. Increasing the price sounds like a decent idea to me. In my opinion, removing the silent awp from the game seems like the best thing to do at this point...

Regarding everything else, I think the other items are balanced and I personally like haste rounds. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  331

4 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Taking away any more ammo would make it pretty weak as the majority of players are only able to get 2 kills on average before whiffing their shots or being killed. What I will say is that I'm not happy with the conditions for which it's KOS. I think it's very annoying that people can walk around with such a powerful T weapon that you almost can't see being used without tracers. We've had this discussion before and it's either gotta be KOS entirely or remain in the current state. I'd like to hear what you guys think about this. Bear in mind that the "reward" for innos killing a T and picking this up is usually 0-3 shots of an unsilenced AWP.

@Mark Rober

I think (maybe) you should be able to kill someone for having an AWP or T weapon if no Ts have been ID'd. It's highly unlikely that an inno has an AWP before any T has died, and if they do, they're harboring evidence, assuming they haven't KOS'd them, in which it really should be association. 

However, it is really funny to watch people aimlessly follow someone with an AWP the entire round.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  432

I also forgot to add to my original suggestion that I do wish that "One Hit Knife's" should go back to being gold knifes so they're noticeable by the player instead of waiting to be T baited with players swinging there knife at you. Unless there was a reason that I couldn't find for the original change of the knife itself? @Kieran 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread