? servers

? players online

Ct playtime change

• Content Count:  459

Adding a steep play time cap for CT like the suggested 6 hours is a bit much, as of now a 30-60 minute playtime would be best as it would be enough time for the players to understand the rules and learn how the general play is within the server.

Anything higher then 30-60 minutes is a bit too big and the 6 hours you proposed would be a big turnoff for newer players  as its a big grind right off the bat just to be a Guard. I think right now the 30 minutes is a good time for the reasons i stated above.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  562

i realize we are not like other servers but i do think what hurts the jb servers the most is that 30 minutes (just one example) in my opinion as someone that plays jb everyday 30minutes is way to little look at other servers with bigger ct time limits which some are ridiculous and we are no longer asking for those ridiculous amounts but if we dont push this bigger time for ct older people your core population will be turned off and it will die like 1v1 arena has the core players are what the server strives on and if we can make more constant core players than we will have to increase the time limit for cts!

Edited by dolo

• Content Count:  3294

The plugin is not broken, it only enables once there are 20 people online and the requirement is 30 minutes of playtime.

The whole point of a playtime requirement is to not only stump any hasty rule breakers, but also give new players adequate time to get acquainted with some of the rules; to expect every new player to have read all of the in-game and forum rules before they play CT is unreasonable. The point is to have new players get the basic understanding of our gamemode, then get on CT side and learn through experience. That's why it's important to kindly explain to people their mistakes and not have a tantrum in chat demanding a slay. 

The last discussion on raising requirements to get on CT side was here and was rejected for reasons best explained by @fantasticin this thread: 

So no, we will not be raising the requirements. However, we can discuss lowering the # of players required to enable the plugin, but I don't think that'll have any worthwhile effect. 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  634

On 11/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, Nate. said:

30 minutes is a perfect amount of time to learn the rules. There is really no excuse to "not seeing the rules" as the rules show when you join. Changing the time required has been brought up in the past from what I remember, and it has always remained the same.

On 11/26/2020 at 12:54 PM, Zero Two said:

As of right now I feel when we get the plugin fixed 30 mins is more then enough for someone to learn the rules 

30 minutes is essentially one map and some spare change.

i play on an Australian server from time to time that has a 10 hour ct cap and barely any rules around orders. like you are allowed a primary for instance, you just arent allowed to point it at anyone.

an hour is closer to 3 maps and seems reasonable to me given how complex our ct rules are compared to other servers in the genre but that's just my 20c.

20 players is the high end of server population for my time zone, and i feel as though it is mostly an issue when there is low staff activity

10-12 seems more impactful.

• Like 2
Edited by The Real Slim Jim
replying to zzl's last post

• Content Count:  701

31 minutes ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

i play on an Australian server from time to time that has a 10 hour ct cap and barely any rules around orders. like you are allowed a primary for instance, you just arent allowed to point it at anyone.

That might be one of the dumbest rules ive ever heard...

30 mins is fine just make it to always be enabled. 

Problem solved

• Like 1

• Content Count:  634

23 hours ago, Bacon said:

That might be one of the dumbest rules ive ever heard...

30 mins is fine just make it to always be enabled. 

Problem solved

Australians dont exactly rely on logic or braincells 

https://streamable.com/bh2n4x heres a good context to this thread imo

had rdmed me and ranee that round and proceeded to walk around exclaiming he didnt know how to play before going through a teleporter and getting 1 shot. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

This topic has been brought up so many times at this point I think if I had a dollar for every time this was brought up in the last 18 months, I could probably buy elite supporter. As expressed by ZZL in his post, there is no change coming to the requirement. Think of it like this: it's like putting a band-aid on your thumb. Use a little finger band-aid and it works, but isn't perfect. The bigger the rubber band, the worse it gets. 

As far as players go, an approach I think that could be reasonable for the time being is seeing the average amount of players at peak times over the last month and making it enable at around 2/3 of that peak. That way, if the pop doesn't hit 20, it can still help prevent rule breakers. 

• Like 1
Edited by phoenix_

• Content Count:  971

agreed; ct playtime def needs to be raised but 10 hours is a bit of a yikes. 2 hours maybe, and while that wont fix the problems that plague CT side, it will most definitely help. we still need an incentive to play ct properly but what that incentive is remains a mystery.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread