? servers

? players online

Keeping Skins and Not Removing them

• Content Count:  905

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm just trying to understand when and why we switched to making people pay for event skins when we never have before. There were reasons as to why we never made people pay for event skins and those reasons are starting to show through.

We made the switch a little while back due to that a large portion of the community has a HUGE stash of credits.

We used to give credits as a reward in our events for example and with the amount of credits people have, that reward is off the table because it wouldn't be a reward.

"Pennies in a Gold Vault"

Adding credit costs to event skins was one way we chose in attempt to lower people's credits.

We are still looking for other routes to go down in order to achieve this.

@Trazz 

• Like 2
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  701

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

Adding credit costs to event skins was one way we chose in attempt to lower people's credits.

Yes some people have big stashes of credits but then again those people have put around 1k hours or even more into the servers. They have grinded and earned the credits. I don't agree with adding a cost to event skins just because some people have a lot. Most people Don't have a lot of credits and are not going to spend 20k on a skin for a month. I don't think that "Trying to lower people's credits" is a good reason as to why you guys added credit cost to event skins.

13 minutes ago, Mace said:

We made the switch a little while back due to that a large portion of the community has a HUGE stash of credits.

Not a lot of consistent players have a huge stash of credits. Take @d4nkfor example. He has 6 days of playtime on the server, he probably has played most if not all of those six days with elite supporter and yet he still went and bought credits to buy the 20k skin because he probably didn't have enough. If you really want to "Lower people credits" then you should add new items that are worth them buying it.

I was going to suggest an idea about making weapon and knife skins usable buy purchasing them with credits but i heard from an unknown source that Liam is not making any more edits to the store plugin. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3150

14 hours ago, dolo said:

After many beloved skins have been removed and never seen again in the shop for JB. Its hard to say that people will be motivated to spend their credits and pay their money on credits to have it all erased in the end. I believe that their should be some OG-ness to these skins and once the skins time to leave the shop is due, that it doesn't leave the persons inventory and they don't lose their ability to wear that skin. Right now credits will be wasted on things that will disappear. I don't see this as impossible to do and all you would have to do is to keep the skin file in the game and just remove it from the shop. This would add a purpose to buying skins because they wont get erased and taken away forever, but for them to have meaning and even a "OG" value. This way people don't have to worry about the skins leaving their inventory and instead will happily spend their money on the new skin that comes out. I've heard tons of support for this idea and I would like it to become a reality, well not just me but everyone.

Leave your comments below!

The problem with leaving all skins on forever is that eventually download times would get very long resulting in new players likely not joining a given server. That being said, we are exploring different avenues to provide skins for a reasonable amount of time while also providing some "OG-ness" or exclusivity value to them. 

13 hours ago, Arctic said:

In reality your skin is still there, we revamp the shop with new skins for certain events we hold. However long that event lasts for those certain skins stay there, but once the event has ended we add back the skins that were in the shop prior before the event took place.

As an example we had the Diva skin, and a couple other skins that I can’t recall at the moment. Once October pulled around we added certain Halloween skins to the shop to match the theme of the holiday obviously. After October ended we added the Diva skin back and the others for a bit until December pulled around and the same process repeated but instead we added new regular skins to select (not totally accurate on that) in the item shop.

Whatever skin that you’re upset about leaving the shop and saying you “wasted your credits” on. It won’t be the last time you see it and once it does return you won’t have to fret about spending another 20k or however much it costed. It will be available for you to equip.

Also just to add to give you my opinion about this idea, I’m not for it and don’t see a point in adding “OG” skins.

As dolo expressed, and you should recognize, having "OG" skins gives a certain extra value to skins that could provide a long lasting increased value from the the eyes of the average player when deciding what skin to buy and for how many credits. I also would not go around promising that any skin that leaves the shop will always come back or be available in any way in the future, therefore making the argument for "wasted credits" pretty valid.

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

I said it last time and I'll say it again. Why are you making the models worth credits when they are for a short period of time, Just make them based off of supporter ranks.

@ArcticI don't think you guys realize that for an elite supporter to purchase a 20k credit skin they need to play a total of 2500 minutes (41 hours)  on the server just for that one skin that they get to use for a month or even less.  Premium supporters have to play a total of 3333 minutes (55 hours) and basic supporters have to play a total of 5000 minutes (83 hours). Personally I would not like to spend 4 whole days on the server just for one skin that I get to use for a month or even less. Most of the skins used are not really used again., the only ones that are 100% used again are the Christmas models and those are free to use. So answer my question again please.  Why are you making the models purchasable with credits and not making them free to use for different ranks like we have always done in the past. @Dom @TheZZL

While some of your points are valid you're also not seeing the whole picture as this has been an ongoing discussion at a CA+ level to try and balance out pools of credits, providing new skins people actually want to put in playtime to get, and offering reasonable rewards to our supporter tiers otherwise. Making limited time skins available for low credit costs is sensible, unfortunately the decision was made to keep the skin on the server longer and keep driving up the price..which was not completely discussed or thought through by those who did it. This will be remedied for the future.

4 hours ago, d4nk said:

I spent 30 dollars on a skin I didn’t know would be removed. Even if so in the !store in game should have a tag next to it saying either *seasonal* or *temp* so people know weather to buy the skin or not. RIP 30 dollars :(

This will be implemented for all future temporary skins and was an unfortunate oversight made by those in charge of the temporary skins and event. I am working on seeing if I can do anything to further help this situation.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm just trying to understand when and why we switched to making people pay for event skins when we never have before. There were reasons as to why we never made people pay for event skins and those reasons are starting to show through.

29 minutes ago, Mace said:

We used to give credits as a reward in our events for example and with the amount of credits people have, that reward is off the table because it wouldn't be a reward.

"Pennies in a Gold Vault"

@Trazz 

Mace is correct in saying that part of the change is trying to drain credits from those who do have large pools of credits, and with Elite Supporter now in play there are more and more people who potentially have a lot of credits piling up. Changes are always going to happen and as someone who can't see all the conversations, obviously you might not understand all of them. There are reasons to not have people pay and also reasons to have people pay, so to argue you have some magic truth to why we never did is just an overly bold assumption on your part.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yes some people have big stashes of credits but then again those people have put around 1k hours or even more into the servers. They have grinded and earned the credits. I don't agree with adding a cost to event skins just because some people have a lot. Most people Don't have a lot of credits and are not going to spend 20k on a skin for a month. I don't think that "Trying to lower people's credits" is a good reason as to why you guys added credit cost to event skins.

Not a lot of consistent players have a huge stash of credits. Take @d4nkfor example. He has 6 days of playtime on the server, he probably has played most if not all of those six days with elite supporter and yet he still went and bought credits to buy the 20k skin because he probably didn't have enough. If you really want to "Lower people credits" then you should add new items that are worth them buying it.

I was going to suggest an idea about making weapon and knife skins usable buy purchasing them with credits but i heard from an unknown source that Liam is not making any more edits to the store plugin. 

Again, a lot of assumptions here...and while this one particular skin was put to a bad price point and overall handled poorly, the idea behind doing it was still sound and doesn't really need to be looked down on so harshly. It's silly to assume who does and doesn't have a huge stash of credits or if that is at all relevant to what sort of skin price decisions we make, which is why we are in the process of assessing all player credit totals, skins owned, playtime current/past, and just the overall movement of our store. As for this "hearing from a source" about anything with Liam making edits to the plugin...you'd think you would know better than to put any value to a random statement like that.

Sorry to those who feel some wrong decisions are being made about the skin prices, and I will say that in this particularly instance things were handled poorly and therefore should not happen like this again. As I said a few times above, several assessments as well as changes are being made so that we can address old issues we've had with the credit and store system while keeping our newer player base happy.

/thread

• Like 7

Reply to Thread