? servers

? players online

Event Ideas for Event Coordinators

• Content Count:  1253

Hey guys so this post is to shed light on somewhat ‘dead’ events or events on a/or server(s) that could be deemed dead so that maybe they can be revived once more. Allow me to start off.

Scrim - SGSL, SGSL was a great event but so far has had only 2 seasons, everyone had fun tuning in to the streams and playing the game regardless of skill level and it was just an all around fun thing to do while stuck in quarantine with nothing to do. A reason the event was disappointing at times was when final match, the last team couldn’t come to an agreement to forfeit until an entire MONTH after, and when there was not enough players to play even though each team “promised” to have back-ups that could show up whenever. Not calling anyone out in particular but I remember the match I was playing we almost had to forfeit because we didn’t have enough players, I think we pulled out Ninjabao from thin air at the last second and he didn’t even sign up for the event I don’t think. I think we should bring back the Scrim server with a weekly tournament that could be streamed to our twitch as mentioned by Daft, people would be more than likely to play again if they get to see themselves kick another teams butt in front of a large group of people. Lastly, another Mega-Mashup week would probably make the server populate quickly due to the limited size of the scrim server. 

Jailbreak - In no way is this server dead but the events get super repetitive, I know there’s not many events we can do without ruining the core game mode but having another event besides protect the president, couples or holidays/occasions, and admins verses regulars might just help it out a bit more.

TF2 - This server has been buried in the dirt, I didn’t even know you could apply for admin if I’m being honest, yesterday it had 2 players but only for a short amount of time, I’m not a Team Fortress 2 player anymore but I’m sure we can come up with a fun event that would bring attraction to it.

Retakes - I’m just going to put this here because we need another point reset soon since we can’t have Mr. C9 Raggy sitting on 10s of thousands of points ahead of second place. Also, because in the last few months the server lost a few hundred players although I won’t deny the success of the server once only like 3 players get on.

1v1 Multi Arena - The last event we had for this server was when Chad was Server Manager, this server does great when you seed it with friends but most of the time it’s usually 3/64 players. Maybe not reset the points because I’m not sure that’s what that part of the community wants but maybe headshot only or something. Also, (The prizes included forum awards for top 3 and forum awards aren’t even here any longer).

Multi Config FFA DM - I don’t think a point reset would hurt here as well because the second you start playing you’re already top 50 in terms of players. I have 16,000 points and I’m still in top 9 and if you’ve played with me you know I’m no better than the average Gold Nova 2 at best and I think I have only one day on that server. It’s also really hard to take over the best player when he/she has 216,000 points when most of the time you are farming bots that give you 2 points each and the occasionally active players that come on and give you 5-20 points each per kill.

Surf - I think the Karaoke event only flopped because of bad timing, this isn’t even the event creators fault because we are literally 7 or so hours behind him and we should be giving him massive props he even stayed up for it. Anyways, I think we should try this event over again but maybe with an EC member that can have a better timing. (Again, no hate to Asher). BHop and Surf timed events have been kicking ass and I’m sure KZ will have the same effect.

Conclusion, I think all these servers with some TLC can do great it’s just how we execute ideas like these that make them do good. Some MGTS that have done great are the Minecraft one, it was so popular we made the server lag and crash quite a bit. Also a Valorant event would be Epic, I have some people in mind who would love to have their teams clash it out in another Valorant Scrim ACT Part 3 Edition. More Events could be Among Us Voice Proximity or Hide ‘n’ Seek. Secret Hitler and Town of Salem did noticeably well. Also, the past Rust events did extremely well to the point we had to make our own private lobbies and we couldn’t keep them open to randoms, there’s been an influx of Rocket League players so maybe a tournament for that could a viable idea. Lastly, prizes other than games could be more incentivizing to players  because the last time we had that Deagle event Janseen and Amazing were foaming out the mouth to non-stop play the server until they realized all their time was spent on a game that was 2 dollars. Some final words before I finish this post, don’t clown the Server Managers and/or Event Coordinators because I think they are doing great, these are just some suggestions to boost server pop a little more than it already is. This has been shown time and time again by the pop we get on the ZE server when there is a map test or map collection event. 

• Like 13
Edited by Jmc

• Content Count:  422

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

Rocket League players so maybe a tournament for that could a viable idea.

The Rocekt Leauge tournament event idea was recently requested here and was rejected.

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

Some MGTS that have done great are the Minecraft one, it was so popular we made the server lag and crash quite a bit.

The Minecraft events are very popular and successful, if you guys have any suggestions for tf2 events i reccomend suggesting it.

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

TF2 - This server has been buried in the dirt, I didn’t even know you could apply for admin if I’m being honest, yesterday it had 2 players but only for a short amount of time, I’m not a Team Fortress 2 player anymore but I’m sure we can come up with a fun event that would bring attraction to it.

tf2 needs the help and events are a great way to get populated altohugh It is quite difficult to come up with tf2 events for the sg server, Once again if you have any event suggestions for tf2 at all please suggest them even if they do end up getting rejected.

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

Surf - I think the Karaoke event only flopped because of bad timing, this isn’t even the event creators fault because we are literally 7 or so hours behind him and we should be giving him massive props he even stayed up for it. Anyways, I think we should try this event over again but maybe with an EC member that can have a better timing. (Again, no hate to Asher). BHop and Surf timed events have been kicking ass and I’m sure KZ will have the same effect.

As far as surf, bhop and kz events go i think were doing decent, The surf karoke event did fine, As for the timed events they seem to be succseful (sometimes) i reccomend more people participating in the timed events.

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

the past Rust events did extremely well to the point we had to make our own private lobbies and we couldn’t keep them open to randoms

Rust events tend to do really well and succesful, definitely going to do more rust events in the future.

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

More Events could be Among Us Voice Proximity or Hide ‘n’ Seek. Secret Hitler and Town of Salem did noticeably well.

Among Us Voice Proximity chat did really well and were stilling playing after the event ended so maybe going to bring that up again, Hide 'n' Seek Events also do noticeably well and would be fun to do in the future, Town of Salem kinda flopped last time it was hosted but that could of just been because bad timing and it was delayed and such, Secret Hitler also didnt do all to well population wise last time but was still lots of fun.

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

1v1 Multi Arena - The last event we had for this server was when Chad was Server Manager, this server does great when you seed it with friends but most of the time it’s usually 3/64 players. Maybe not reset the points because I’m not sure that’s what that part of the community wants but maybe headshot only or something. Also, (The prizes included forum awards for top 3 and forum awards aren’t even here any longer).

The 1v1 Muti Arena Event was super fun and the prizes were really cool, Doing the 1v1 multi arena race to the top event would be a great idea for populating the server although the prizes would have to be diffrent or wait for awards back if they are coming back.

As for retakes and Mutli Config FFA DM a point reset would be much apreciated to give other players a chance to get to number one.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  903

18 minutes ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

Just curious, if your event idea gets used do you get some sort of recognition for it or is it seeing your idea in action and being able to join in on the fun.

If they use your idea for an event, you will get a tag & credit for the suggestion when the event is announced.

• Like 2
Edited by Mace

• Content Count:  819

I always enjoyed the idea of SGSL, the revival of it could bring in potential with new members and a fun stream for our streamers to broadcast. I feel as if we can utilize the idea of SGSL more and possibly offer a friendly competition for SG and perhaps other communities. Everybody in to compete for the imaginary cup. 

1v1 is a volatile server with potentially explosive pop that me and a few other staff saw explode to 12 people just because we seeded with 3. Events and a point reset could do this server some good.

Retakes needs that point reset man a lot of the time I hope on for a few minutes just to be crushed that I cannot even begin to compete for a leaderboard rank.

A hard point reset ever quarter and some solid fun events could spark even more players to join in and play for a reason.

Good read! Really liked hearing your take on this topic

• Like 1

• Content Count:  922

SGSL was always fun, in both seasons, we had beef between teams, alot of banter in chat, games getting streamed & casters commentating on them, but the timing for that sort of tourney is really key, And I do like the idea of having weekly scrim tourneys as an event, I feel like it would do pretty good.

The Surf karaoke event went pretty good, but could've been much better. A lot of people showed up and popped surf for a bit, though not many people sang :pepehands: 

(Thanks alot for your kind words @Jmc)

As for the timed events, I think they're going pretty smoothly, adds a bit of competition for the movement servers. If anybody has any ideas to make them better, please feel free to suggest them, I'm always open to making timed events better.

• Like 1
Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  1161

On 2/22/2021 at 1:17 AM, Jmc said:

Scrim - SGSL, SGSL was a great event but so far has had only 2 seasons, everyone had fun tuning in to the streams and playing the game regardless of skill level and it was just an all around fun thing to do while stuck in quarantine with nothing to do. A reason the event was disappointing at times was when final match, the last team couldn’t come to an agreement to forfeit until an entire MONTH after, and when there was not enough players to play even though each team “promised” to have back-ups that could show up whenever. Not calling anyone out in particular but I remember the match I was playing we almost had to forfeit because we didn’t have enough players, I think we pulled out Ninjabao from thin air at the last second and he didn’t even sign up for the event I don’t think. I think we should bring back the Scrim server with a weekly tournament that could be streamed to our twitch as mentioned by Daft, people would be more than likely to play again if they get to see themselves kick another teams butt in front of a large group of people. Lastly, another Mega-Mashup week would probably make the server populate quickly due to the limited size of the scrim server. 

Last SGSL started off smoothly, but as we got towards the end things started getting sloppy. Teams cancelling, matches postponed for weeks, and the very last match wasn't even played after waiting weeks. This isn't to say I didn't enjoy it, in fact I had a lot of fun, but for the next SGSL (if we have one) I'd like to see teams who weren't able to play one week to forfeit instead of having to wait for a reschedule. 

Jailbreak - In no way is this server dead but the events get super repetitive, I know there’s not many events we can do without ruining the core game mode but having another event besides protect the president, couples or holidays/occasions, and admins verses regulars might just help it out a bit more.

Like you said, you can only do so much to Jailbreak without ruining the core game mode. Hence why you see a lot of repeated events and more map themed events now. 

I know we have a couple of events cooking up for TF2. It's similar to JB because we try to think of events that won't change the game mode too much. Keep your eyes peeled for some TF2 events soonTM.

Once again, can't do much with this server without changing the game mode drastically. Might have to wait until awards come back to run another one of the top 3 contests, or we can give away some different prizes. You can't do anything really special with this server besides tournaments, contests, etc. A points reset would be nice to get some people on to grind.

We (Asher) have been doing pretty well with Surf events. Karaoke night wasn't timed the best, and half of the people who requested songs didn't even show up. Monthly surf timed contests are good for pop, I've definitely noticed more players on Surf ever since we started doing them regularly.

Conclusion, I think all these servers with some TLC can do great it’s just how we execute ideas like these that make them do good. Some MGTS that have done great are the Minecraft one, it was so popular we made the server lag and crash quite a bit. Also a Valorant event would be Epic, I have some people in mind who would love to have their teams clash it out in another Valorant Scrim ACT Part 3 Edition. More Events could be Among Us Voice Proximity or Hide ‘n’ Seek. Secret Hitler and Town of Salem did noticeably well. Also, the past Rust events did extremely well to the point we had to make our own private lobbies and we couldn’t keep them open to randoms, there’s been an influx of Rocket League players so maybe a tournament for that could a viable idea. Lastly, prizes other than games could be more incentivizing to players  because the last time we had that Deagle event Janseen and Amazing were foaming out the mouth to non-stop play the server until they realized all their time was spent on a game that was 2 dollars. Some final words before I finish this post, don’t clown the Server Managers and/or Event Coordinators because I think they are doing great, these are just some suggestions to boost server pop a little more than it already is. This has been shown time and time again by the pop we get on the ZE server when there is a map test or map collection event. 

We're definitely looking to do another Minecraft SMP again, the host wasn't exactly the best last time, so that may be why players were experiencing lag. From what I've seen the hype around Valorant has died down significantly, last Valorant event did good though, so maybe we could have someone stream the next one. Among Us, Secret Hitler, and TOS all do well. I'm going to look into doing some more of those soon. The Rust events are fun, we've been trying to brainstorm new Rust event ideas before we go back to reusing some of them, these will definitely be returning soon. The way you can get the best prizes from raffles, events, contests, etc is to buy supporter with skins. Or donate them out of the kindness of your heart :classic_love:I assure you there are some good events coming out soon, so be on the lookout.

While you're here you might as well apply for Event Coordinator.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1253

41 minutes ago, gween said:

Once again, can't do much with this server without changing the game mode drastically. Might have to wait until awards come back to run another one of the top 3 contests, or we can give away some different prizes. You can't do anything really special with this server besides tournaments, contests, etc. A points reset would be nice to get some people on to grind.

1v1 Multi Arena will continue to have 'active regulars' but there are very few of those 'active regulars,' a point reset might do good but since I am not a 1v1 Multi Arena player I don't know if that's what they would hope for, I also noticed that it doesn't look that challenging to take first place. The last time I checked the 1st player had only a school day's worth of play time and points ahead of second place. Awards are something we need back, BADLY.

41 minutes ago, gween said:

I know we have a couple of events cooking up for TF2. It's similar to JB because we try to think of events that won't change the game mode too much. Keep your eyes peeled for some TF2 events soonTM.

I know we are having an event for this server SoonTM but I was looking it up and is there a way to do like a Power-UP event maybe? 

Edited by Jmc

• Content Count:  422

11 minutes ago, Jmc said:

I know we are having an event for this server SoonTM but I was looking it up and is there a way to do like a Power-UP event maybe

Sounds like fun! I would love an event where all hell breaks loose and there are people on low gravity, people speeding around the map or having increased health.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2681

Hey guys so this post is to shed light on somewhat ‘dead’ events or events on a/or server(s) that could be deemed dead so that maybe they can be revived once more. Allow me to start off.

I went ahead and added this thread to the next meeting with the team, you brought up some good points that shouldn't be left in the dark. I'll go ahead and give my two cents.

With the current state of the Scrim server, we aren't going to bother putting out any events or tournaments anytime soon. I made sure to confirm with Trazz before saying this, the server is pretty much at the same state as when this event happened. Until the server is either fixed with the newer plugin or switched back the old plugin we won't bother touching the server at its current state.

Jailbreak is similiar to TTT when it comes to making events, there is a fair amount of things you can do without derailing it super far from its rails. Map themed events are are a good placeholder for events so they don't get to repetitive. Alternating map themed events and events that derail it from its gamemode a bit are a good way to keep things fresh. As of recently I have personally noticed them trying to branch out into more events, so I can assure you they're trying their best.

You're 100% right when you say the server has been buried in the dirt. We've been told that's pretty much fine, @Arctic wolfand Damon have gotten TF2's first event up in hopes to hopefully help with that some. There aren't really any people on the Events Team besides Arctic Wolf that have really interest in doing anything with TF2 and that can be an issue. You can see TF2s new and first event here.

Retakes - I’m just going to put this here because we need another point reset soon since we can’t have Mr. C9 Raggy sitting on 10s of thousands of points ahead of second place. Also, because in the last few months the server lost a few hundred players although I won’t deny the success of the server once only like 3 players get on.

Servers like Retakes and 1v1 it is difficult to come up with events other than the monthly/bi-monthly point contests. I think both Retakes and 1v1 could definitely use one of these events soon due to the lack of players and lack of events. Hopefully we see an increase of players if we do end up doing them again. We could also end up doing what the Crackhouse team did and edit the winners name onto a board on some popular 1v1 maps. We'd have to do something different for Retakes like a possible custom rank if that is possible.

Multi Config FFA DM - I don’t think a point reset would hurt here as well because the second you start playing you’re already top 50 in terms of players. I have 16,000 points and I’m still in top 9 and if you’ve played with me you know I’m no better than the average Gold Nova 2 at best and I think I have only one day on that server. It’s also really hard to take over the best player when he/she has 216,000 points when most of the time you are farming bots that give you 2 points each and the occasionally active players that come on and give you 5-20 points each per kill.

After asking ZZL what's possible with FFA, it looks like the only type of event that is really possible is a point contest. That would require a point reset which isn't really a huge priority on ZZLs table right now. A point contest is most likely going to be the only event you see on FFA for a long time. The server serves as a warmup server for most people.

I didn't attend the Karaoke event, but I'm sure what you're saying is accurate. I don't see a problem in doing another, especially since Surf and Bhop have a very inconsistent amount of players on the server. I heard during the event we managed around 8-16 players, which isn't horrible. The only bad thing I heard was that not a lot of people were singing. Our movement servers, Bhop, Surf and KZ have a very slim number of options we can do for events. Really only stuff like the monthly timed contests and the possible Karaoke event.

We are definitely in need of more out of server events. I personally do not know how popular Valorant is anymore, so I have no idea if another scrim would work. Among Us has lost a significant amount of popularity but I still have no doubt we can get at least a full 10 people. It is a fun game to play with the correct people. The MGT server is currently in use for our SUPPORTER ONLY EVENT, so events like the deagle only server and other ones that would require said server are unavailable at the moment. After it is done though I wouldn't mind working on deagle mania or something like that. As for Rust, @gweenis working on a new event for that right now so be ready for that. I'll make sure to mention the need for outside of server events during our next meeting. We are working on stuff do not worry, smile.

• Like 3
Edited by Creten

Reply to Thread